Thread: Howard Green resigned.

Howard Green resigned.

as per:

[url]www.jetsreport.com[/url]

and twitter.com/nickspano

I like the resigning, can never have enough DL help, especially with Peterson coming to town, and Ellis a little dinged up, welcome back big guy.

He plays hard and will make some plays.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

He serves a specific role....as long as he isn't asked to do more than that role, he's serviceable.

The fact that we signed Pryce gives the Jets two nice role players on the line - one to stop the run, one to rush the passer.

Any word on who was cut? I'm assuming Patrick Turner is a goner to make way for Holmes. Perhaps Marcus Dixon is waived for Green?

I'm guessing Kroll or Dixon will be waived to make room for Green and Turner or Clowney will be waived for Holmes.

All League
    Good resigning - just in case Rex's manlove for Pryce is all based on memories from a couple of years ago.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3764510]I'm guessing Kroll or Dixon will be waived to make room for Green and Turner or Clowney will be waived for Holmes.[/QUOTE]

Can't see it being Kroul - he has been active for every game this year, and has rotated in at both NT and DE.

Dixon hasn't dressed all year. If a D-Lineman goes to clear a spot for Green, it will be Dixon IMO.

All Pro
    Does this mean Shaun Ellis is more hurt then let on?

All League
    For Green & Holmes coming back I would cut Clowney & Turner and then
    re-sign Turner to the practice squad. With Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery &
    Smith we really don't need a fifth WR

All Pro
    [QUOTE=KRL;3764546]For Green & Holmes coming back I would cut Clowney & Turner and then
    Smith we really don't need a fifth WR[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what I'd do too. Clowney still can't play specials, and Santonio will replace him as the deep threat. Turner could be kept around on the PS in case of emergency.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3764543]Does this mean Shaun Ellis is more hurt then let on?[/QUOTE]

Nah, Rex said he would be back today last week.

Our front line and Green can definitely help.

Green coming back was a forgone conclusion. They sent him packing last week moreso because they did not need him for the Bills and was an easy release rather than quickly making a decision on another player when Pryce became available. The Jets had to pay Green the next two weeks salary even after they cut him which is why you knew he was coming back. Just a hunch but the players to go this week will be Pat Turner(who they will move back to the PS) and Marcus Dixon.

[QUOTE=KRL;3764546]For Green & Holmes coming back I would cut Clowney & Turner and then

Jets release WR David Clowney and Pat Turner, according to person w/direct knowledge. Clearing spot for return of Santonio Holmes.

[U][COLOR=#0000ff][URL]http://twitter.com/JennyVrentas[/URL][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/U]
    [COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Good call![/COLOR]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3764672]Jets release WR David Clowney and Pat Turner, according to person w/direct knowledge. Clearing spot for return of Santonio Holmes.

[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Good call![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Does that mean Clowney is officially gone?!

Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=C Mart;3764672]Jets release WR David Clowney and Pat Turner, according to person w/direct knowledge. Clearing spot for return of Santonio Holmes.

[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black]Good call![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Plus, the Jets still have Cumberland on the roster (although he hasn't been active).

Keller, Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Smith, and Cumberland is all the Jets really need anyway.

I'm glad they did not cut Dixon. The kid has talent and we are thin on the Dline.