Thread: Impressions from Buffalo

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Impressions from Buffalo

Had the opportunity to go to Buffalo for the game and stayed over at the team hotel. A few things stood out. First, the team seemed incredibly focused. From the time they arrived on Saturday up to game time they were serious and professional. Rex led them into the lobby and you sure can tell who is in charge of this team. Lots of snazzy dressers, btw! The team looked like pros, almost everyone in suits. I was very impressed with Cromartie. He and an asst coach were in the corner of the lobby for over an hour before dinner watching video of the Bills receivers and they were really intense. He played great yesterday and I noticed how upset he was after someone caught a passm on him near the end of the game. He shut them down yesterday. Had dinner at the steakhouse at the hotel and the linebackers were at a nearby table. It was good to see them hanging together. They all seemed really tight. From my perspective, the team seemed professional, disciplined, and focused. I know this is so contrary to the media view of the team but that's a bunch of crap, anyway. I came away with a really, really good feeling about these guys. Oh, and btw, got the chance to meet D'Bricks parents and you couldn't meet nicer people. He is certainly a reflection of his folks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3764579]Had the opportunity to go to Buffalo for the game and stayed over at the team hotel. A few things stood out. First, the team seemed incredibly focused. From the time they arrived on Saturday up to game time they were serious and professional. Rex led them into the lobby and you sure can tell who is in charge of this team. Lots of snazzy dressers, btw! The team looked like pros, almost everyone in suits. I was very impressed with Cromartie. He and an asst coach were in the corner of the lobby for over an hour before dinner watching video of the Bills receivers and they were really intense. He played great yesterday and I noticed how upset he was after someone caught a passm on him near the end of the game. He shut them down yesterday. Had dinner at the steakhouse at the hotel and the linebackers were at a nearby table. It was good to see them hanging together. They all seemed really tight. From my perspective, the team seemed professional, disciplined, and focused. I know this is so contrary to the media view of the team but that's a bunch of crap, anyway. I came away with a really, really good feeling about these guys. Oh, and btw, got the chance to meet D'Bricks parents and you couldn't meet nicer people. He is certainly a reflection of his folks.[/QUOTE]

Was it the Hyatt Regency and EB Green's Steakhouse?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3764579]Had the opportunity to go to Buffalo for the game and stayed over at the team hotel. A few things stood out. First, the team seemed incredibly focused. From the time they arrived on Saturday up to game time they were serious and professional. Rex led them into the lobby and you sure can tell who is in charge of this team. Lots of snazzy dressers, btw! The team looked like pros, almost everyone in suits. I was very impressed with Cromartie. He and an asst coach were in the corner of the lobby for over an hour before dinner watching video of the Bills receivers and they were really intense. He played great yesterday and I noticed how upset he was after someone caught a passm on him near the end of the game. He shut them down yesterday. Had dinner at the steakhouse at the hotel and the linebackers were at a nearby table. It was good to see them hanging together. They all seemed really tight. From my perspective, the team seemed professional, disciplined, and focused. I know this is so contrary to the media view of the team but that's a bunch of crap, anyway. I came away with a really, really good feeling about these guys. Oh, and btw, got the chance to meet D'Bricks parents and you couldn't meet nicer people. He is certainly a reflection of his folks.[/QUOTE]

Was Jason Taylor eating with the LBs?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3764618]Was it the Hyatt Regency and EB Green's Steakhouse?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;3764630]Was Jason Taylor eating with the LBs?[/QUOTE]

No. Harris, Scott, Thomas and Cummings

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3764649]No. Harris, Scott, Thomas and Cummings[/QUOTE]

who picked up the tab??...great write up, glad you enjoyed it. this might be something i do in a year or so if/when my oldest son starts enjoying football..doesnt seem to be too bad of a roadtrip from nyc!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3764618]Was it the Hyatt Regency and EB Green's Steakhouse?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jets27-23;3764637]Yes it was![/QUOTE]

Not a bad steak house!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Didnt you start a thread here a few weeks ago looking for the hotel the team stays in? Good to see you werent as stalkerish as some thought. :D

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3764833]Didnt you start a thread here a few weeks ago looking for the hotel the team stays in? Good to see you werent as stalkerish as some thought. :D[/QUOTE]

I only stalk unsuspecting females!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3765024]I only stalk unsuspecting females![/QUOTE]

uhh....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT POST!

Great stuff about Cromartie, he is alot diffrent then what he is percieved to be in the media.

He really stepped up and had a very good game yesterday. He held Lee Evans to only 1 catch, and that catch came in the final minute or so. I saw the same thing you saw, how he was p*ssed that he let him catch a pass, was so close to holding him without a catch!

Easily one of my favorite additions to this team, hope he stays here for years to come with Revis and Wilson. That would be one hell of a trio in the secondary, and they are all still young and have yet to reach their prime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, is it fair to say that the moronic Party Theory doesn't exist?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets27-23;3765024]I only stalk unsuspecting females![/QUOTE]

LMAO. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Story Bro. And I really mean that.

Thanks for sharing that. They were focused and it SHOWED all over that field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ask for leftovers:zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear. Thanks for posting.