Thread: Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson

I love T-Rich as much as the next guy, but at what point does talent trump leadership? Connor seems to have been playing more, though T-Rich is still getting more plays (30 to 19 according to Cimini). As someone mentioned in another thread, we may be heading towards more 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB formations with the addition of Holmes. If thatís the case, it seems excessive to carry two FBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Besides team leadership, a run-heavy team having 2 FBs is not the worst thing.

At this point, after seeing Conner get a stinger I don't think we get rid of a fullback...

Veteran
    t-rich will be with the team until after the superbowl.

It's starting to become clear that Terminator is getting a LOT of the snaps throughout the game. As long as the dropoff from Conner to Richardson isn't too steep, they'll keep Richardson around.

Once it gets to the point that Conner is so far ahead of him, that's when it is time to get rid of Richardson.

Personally have no problem keeping both of them. Conner does a nice job on special teams and Richardson definitely isn't a give up.

[QUOTE=rick34125;3764687]t-rich will be with the team until after the superbowl.[/QUOTE]

Then, he will become an assistant RBs coach and player counselor.

[QUOTE=escamoter2;3764710]Then, he will become an assistant RBs coach and player counselor.[/QUOTE]

You are CORRECT sir!!! :yes::yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;3764674]At this point, after seeing Conner get a stinger I don't think we get rid of a fullback...[/QUOTE]

this

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3764724]this[/QUOTE]

Yep. With Connor getting hurt it makes no sense to get rid of TRich.

Plus, they are both effective.