Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason Taylor..

certain guys just know how to go after the QB. when we signed JT I was thinking he's good enough to get 5 or 6 sacks at least and a few hurry's sprinkled around along with some fumble recoveries cause he's always had a nose for getting a loose ball .....I thought that was enough to justify the pick up especially with how Rex can motivate guys .... i didn't think he'd be as good as he has against the run. traditionally ends or OL's like JT in a 3-4 defense ... the older they get the worse they are in defending the run but he's been solid all around and playing with a bum elbow which is pretty important to get a push in the trenches against blockers ....if u would've told me he'd be playing this good and slightly hurt at his age i'd think u were bugging but as far as him producing .... great pass rushers know how to get to a QB ...i'm not suprised one bit

All League
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3764808]he has had 2 sacks but besides that, is not anywhere near the qb. In regards to applying pressure to the qb, he has been a huge disappointment.[/QUOTE]

So he sucks as a pass rusher....except for when hes sacking the QB? Dude is playing with a brace on his entire arm and is still making plays. Fumble recovery maybe?

I hated the guy as much as the next Jets fan and laughed at him (and fin fans) about his crying after the MNM, but the guy hustles and plays hard and makes plays....did you notice on one Fitzy run late in the game Vern Ghoston LOAFING IT and jogging rather than hustling to the ball on sunday?

If Vern had 1% of JTs passion and hustle, he could be a real player....too bad.

I too would piss on Jason Taylor if he was on fire.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3764808]he has had 2 sacks but besides that, is not anywhere near the qb. In regards to applying pressure to the qb, he has been a huge disappointment.[/QUOTE]

taylor is a force on that line...have fun running to his side.

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3765486]So he sucks as a pass rusher....except for when hes sacking the QB? Dude is playing with a brace on his entire arm and is still making plays. Fumble recovery maybe?

I hated the guy as much as the next Jets fan and laughed at him (and fin fans) about his crying after the MNM, but the guy hustles and plays hard and makes plays....did you notice on one Fitzy run late in the game Vern Ghoston LOAFING IT and jogging rather than hustling to the ball on sunday?

If Vern had 1% of JTs passion and hustle, he could be a real player....too bad.

I too would piss on Jason Taylor if he was on fire.[/QUOTE]

+1 some guys are just unreasonable, they prolly expect him to come in and be Mario Williams :rolleyes:

He earned a **** load of respect from me the way he has been playing. I have become a J.T. fan ( did hell freeze over?!?!?) Just keep making big plays JT....