Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor..

All League

Jason Taylor..

We sign Jason in the off-season, not overly impressed , his "hard knocks" claim to fame was always being late. OK I figured this guy was taking the Jets for a ride but let me be the first to say he has been playing lights out. He has shown he still has the heart of a champion, brace and all he is still going 100% on every play. Hey Jason I use to hate you but I am starting to warm up to you...Great Job.

Agree he's played very well. Pretty good against the run and getsa pretty good pass rush! I think he'll be better when he goes back to the role originally designed for him when pace gets back!

I still can't stand the guy and am not happy we had to pick him up and give him the royal treatment. I will acknowledge that he has played better than I thought he would and has actually played injured which I thought he would not. Full credit to him.

All League
    He will be better with Pace coming back. His snaps will be reduced and his
    impact later in the game should increase

As hard as it is to do, gotta give him credit. He has/is playing well.

Jets Insider VIP
    I no longer despise him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=quantum;3764732]I no longer despise him.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Now I can concentrate all of my hate towards Brady and Belichick from now on.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=KRL;3764727]He will be better with Pace coming back. His snaps will be reduced and his
    impact later in the game should increase[/QUOTE]

Great point. I am happy we have Taylor with us and not against us. He has made several good plays so far and will only get better as learns the system better! With Pace, Pryce and Jason, we should have a dynamic passrush!

Its all about the Jersey.....

I agree - I'd pee on him if he was on fire ...

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3764737]Great point. I am happy we have Taylor with us and not against us. He has made several good plays so far and will only get better as learns the system better! With Pace, Pryce and Jason, we should have a dynamic passrush![/QUOTE]

I think if he made one play this year, the strip sack on brady I would have been happy!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3764752]I agree - I'd pee on him if he was on fire ...[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. :P

Agreed. The celebration of the sack of Henne, at Miami, was the icing on the cake.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=KRL;3764727]He will be better with Pace coming back. His snaps will be reduced and his
    impact later in the game should increase[/QUOTE]

+1. He's performed admirably, especially playing in an increased role not contemplated when we signed him, as well as playing injured.

I'm still more comfortable with him playing fewer snaps, but its nice to know that he can be effective through the game, if need be.

I was never fundamentally against the move. I had my doubts as to how effective he'd be, but I always respected him as a player...I hated him as a Fin, but I liked the fact that he hated us. I wish our players would hate the Fins and Pats. The game is a bit too business oriented these days. Passion from the players is a plus.

All League
    He's making it tough to hate him. Damn. And I loved hatin that guy. 'Specially on the Monday Night Miracle... Ah that was great.

[QUOTE=FloridaJetsFan;3764752]I agree - I'd pee on him if he was on fire ...[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Yeah, me too :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    he has had 2 sacks but besides that, is not anywhere near the qb. In regards to applying pressure to the qb, he has been a huge disappointment.

Hall Of Fame
    Jason Taylor adds another dimension to this defense...he's done a hell of a job stepping up when we lost Pace...very happy he's a jet.

JT is a Jet now...and plays like one too. That's good enough for me.

Glad Pace is coming back so that Jason can go back to a more reduced and specialized role. This will keep him fresh. And as we can see...JT can be a difference maker. It is good to know that in the 4th Q of a tight game...JT can win it with a play for you.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3764808]he has had 2 sacks but besides that, is not anywhere near the qb. In regards to applying pressure to the qb, he has been a huge disappointment.[/QUOTE]

He is like 50 years old. No one expected him to come in and get 14 sacks. He has 2 sacks in 4 games which equals 8 sacks over the course of the season. And the Tom brady Sack won us a game. So for me, he has been a complete success.

But I wouldn't expect someone who is still "missing Chad" to think any differently.