View Poll Results: Who am I rooting for in the Pats/Fins game?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patsies*

15 20.27%
  • Phish

51 68.92%
  • Could Care Less. I'm going to bed early!

8 10.81%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to root for tonight? (POLL ADDED)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Root for neither. Whatever happens, happens.

F*ck the Dolphags and the Pasties* !!

GO JETS !!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3764805]I want to win the division so I want the Dolphins to win.

Miami is more likely to lose games going forward than the Pats. And that is simply because the Pats have Brady. I just believe the Fins will find a way to lose some games going forward.[/QUOTE]

I agree plus The Jets play at Pats & home vs Phins in cold Dec!
    The Pats have one Rd win at Buff so I dont want them winning another Rd div game.:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gaffneycatch;3764801]Honestly, I hat the Patriots and the Dolphins equally. And while in the recent past, it usually would have been clear that a Patriots loss helped the Jets more (because they were the dominant team in the division), that's not neccessarily true anymore. So, I'm really on the fence.

So, I'm interested to hear who people on this board will be rooting for ... and mostly, I'm interested to hear WHY.[/QUOTE]

No question, root for the Dolphags. We have a better chance to beat the phags here at home than a road game vs the Pasts.

but what I really want is for them to beat the sh*t out of each other, while the Jets players are relaxing on their couches.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3764807]We have Miami at home and the Pats away. Go Fins.[/QUOTE]

+1... This was my logic as well. Go Phish!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OrangeJet;3764807]We have Miami at home and the Pats away. Go Fins.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I'm looking at it. We are more likely to beat the Fish at home than Pats on the road.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gaffneycatch;3764801]Honestly, I hat the Patriots and the Dolphins equally. And while in the recent past, it usually would have been clear that a Patriots loss helped the Jets more (because they were the dominant team in the division), that's not neccessarily true anymore. So, I'm really on the fence.

So, I'm interested to hear who people on this board will be rooting for ... and mostly, I'm interested to hear WHY.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/KJets1.jpg[/IMG]

Yousef The Jets Fan Says:

"Easy.

The Dolphins are home. The Patriots are the bigger threat. You don't want the bigger threat winning a divisional road game.

Go Fish. Feed the Wolf."

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the Pats are far behind us in the rear view mirror as possible.

Go Fins.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best breakdown I've seen.

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3760779&postcount=18[/URL]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    More than anything I want a close game where they beat the crap out of each other.

Fins...besides the fact that we have them at home, the Pats is the last team I want to see build any confidence, especially on the road.

Henne will choke the big game, Brady not so much.

Let the Fins win with 3 seconds left in overtime.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are giving the Pats too much credit. The Dolphins are a better team than the Patriots rght now, you root against the better team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3764809]Easy one...Miami...

Jets play at NE and have Miami home so let's get NE another divison loss.[/QUOTE]

+1.

I would love to have a little separation before we go to NE

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am rooting for the Phins....My thoughts on this game are simple, dolphins play a tougher schedule the next 6 weeks or so. I can see them playing sub par ball through that period thus taking them out of the picture, plus adding a loss to the pats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats defence is REALLY BAD. For that reason I think Miami poses more of a real threat. Go PATS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3764987]You guys are giving the Pats too much credit. The Dolphins are a better team than the Patriots rght now, you root against the better team.[/QUOTE]

You are giving the Dolphins too much credit. Their only playoff appearance in the last 10 years occurred when the Jets and Patriots QB's were hurt and then they got humiliated at home in a wildcard game they had no business participating in.

Ricky and Ronnie are old, the Wildcat has been solved, and their HC is a chubby, white Herman Edwards. That ain't the makings of an NFL success.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3764987]You guys are giving the Pats too much credit. The Dolphins are a better team than the Patriots rght now, you root against the better team.[/QUOTE]I agree with this, except looking at the next 4 games, the Pats seem to have the easier sched. Give the Fish the W now at home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Fins!
    Pats have been beating the crap out of us for 10 years.
    Fins have a tough schedule coming up.
    We have a much better chance of beating the Fins at home in Dec, than going on the road & beating the Pats in Nov. on MNF.

I'm hoping like others that they just beat the living crap out of each other.
    Though I never ROOT for injuries, nothing that I do will change the fact that a few players could go down in this game.
    Lets just say I don't sit in my home with some voodoo dolls but when I watch guys on the Pats or Fins limping off the field my thoughts are, "oh well, that's too bad."

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to see Pennington pull out a win!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3765004]You are giving the Dolphins too much credit. Their only playoff appearance in the last 10 years occurred when the Jets and Patriots QB's were hurt and then they got humiliated at home in a wildcard game they had no business participating in.

Ricky and Ronnie are old, the Wildcat has been solved, and their HC is a chubby, white Herman Edwards. That ain't the makings of an NFL success.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

That was then, this is now. The Dolphins have the better defense, the better running attack, the better Oline and as we saw 2 weeks ago, can throw the ball as well.

This Pats team is not that good, I don't care what they did in years past. Phins have the better overall team and will finish with a better record then the Pats.

No reason to be scared of this Pats team any longer. Adding Marshal and Dansby IMO puts them past the Pats.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;3764840]Pats are just not good. This is not even close to the same team. Forget about the past. The Patriots can't run and their D is just not that good.

The Jets and Miami will both finish with better records than the Pats this year.

You root against the better all around team.

GO PATS![/QUOTE]

Thats what I am thinking..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i gotta say..it feels great to sit back @ 3-1 (3-0 in division) and watch the Patriots & Dolphins slug it out for "2nd" place...look on the bright side...the pats or dolphins will be 2-2 after tonight (0-2 in division) this is win-win for the jets..great job by the staff for preparing this team for a tough first 4 games.