View Poll Results: Who am I rooting for in the Pats/Fins game?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patsies*

15 20.27%
  • Phish

51 68.92%
  • Could Care Less. I'm going to bed early!

8 10.81%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who to root for tonight? (POLL ADDED)

[QUOTE=SAR I;3765004]
    Ricky and Ronnie are old, the Wildcat has been solved, and their HC is a chubby, white Herman Edwards. That ain't the makings of an NFL success.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The Pats are without Faulk and Taylor, and they traded away Maroney, so the entire running game comes down to BenJarvis Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris, and Danny Woodhead.

OTOH, the Miami HC is actually Rich Kotite's lost bastard son.

I don't see how either team can win. Therefore, I am rooting for a long, punishing game in regulation, with Brady and Henne both getting Cutlered by DEs, followed by an exhausting OT.

As long as Brady and Belichick are still around then for me the Pats are the team to worry about in the AFC East. Their experience alone allows them to win close games they should lose. The Dolphins are frauds that will get exposed on the road in late November and December. The Jets will sweep Miami in our home game.

So taking all that into consideration.....Go Dolphins

Rooting for Miami

with extensive injuries to both sides. We beat the Dolphins on the road this year and then get to play them at home in the dead of winter. That team is poised for a Jet sweep. Brady/Moss/Welker is superior to anything the Dolphins can throw at us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I hate Miami much more. Them losing isn't as good as the Jets winning, but it is definitely enjoyable.

That said, the Pats have won the division almost every season for the past decade, and they do have the highest scoring offense (I believe), so you have to root for Miami to beat the Pats. That's what's best for the Jets.

I'd like to pour a giant bottle of bleach into the stadium, filling it up.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3764823]Im rooting for the pass rushers.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OrangeJet;3764807]We have Miami at home and the Pats away. Go Fins.[/QUOTE]
    that's how I figure it also

Go dolphags...

remaining games against them, we play @ NE and Miami at home..

also based on fantasy football reasons...;)
    Last edited by Tamernyc34; 10-04-2010 at 02:50 PM.

I won't say I am rooting for the Fins..

Lets just say I am rooting for the Pats to lose..

I will never believe the Pats are out of it or have lost it until they prove it..

They had a bad second half against us...

and they played well enough to beat the Bills (which is not saying much)...Regardless every team is going to play some hard games no matter how bad they suck... We were worried about the trap game...

They need to be punched in the mouth...

I will never be convinced that they have fallen to mediocrity until I see them at the end of this month with a 4-4 record.. and even then I probably would not be convinced..

I feel much more comfortable battling the Dolphins for the division than the Pats..

That said if the Dolphins lose I will still sleep most comfortably anyway..

[QUOTE=vinluvr;3765052]The Pats are without Faulk and Taylor, and they traded away Maroney, so the entire running game comes down to BenJarvis Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris, and Danny Woodhead.

OTOH, the Miami HC is actually Rich Kotite's lost bastard son.

I don't see how either team can win. Therefore, I am rooting for a long, punishing game in regulation, with Brady and Henne both getting Cutlered by DEs, followed by an exhausting OT, [B]and an eventual TIE.[/B][/QUOTE]

Fixed :D

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3765101]I hate Miami much more. Them losing isn't as good as the Jets winning, but it is definitely enjoyable.

That said, the Pats have won the division almost every season for the past decade, and they do have the highest scoring offense (I believe), so you have to root for Miami to beat the Pats. That's what's best for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

This makes sense, but I [I]still[/I] hate the Fins more :steamin:

Pats have the best QB in the division (top 3 in NFL) and therefore they are the biggest threat.
    Screw the Pats. Let them lose on last second of overtime.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3764806]A tie and then the stadium exploding? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

To fully steal my idea, you should have mentioned an asteroid. ;)

The Phins..... I despise the Patsies and Bellicheat.... I just greatly dislike the Dolphags

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Pats. I just can't ever root for the fish, I just can't!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Im just rooting for the under lol

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I am rooting for both of them to beat the crap out of each other....we are 3-0 in the divsion and know that we have unfinished buisness left to win the division....this game has zero bearing on the Jets since we already beat both teams and still will lead the division at nights end.

Screw the both of them....but I know it will be a fun game to watch.

I don't really care who wins.

But, I guess Jets fans should root for the Dolphins. We already beat them on the road, so they have to come to our house and go to New England.

Pats have both Jets and Dolphins at home in December, so you'd like them to lose on the road tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I am tired of this talk about fearing the Patriots....sheet Coach Ryan is 2-1 vs the Pats as a HC. What the heck is there to fear???

Couldn't care less who wins or losses. If the Jets are going to do anything this year it doesn't matter what the Dolphins or Pats do. I fully expect us to beat them both again this year and if we are lucky enough to play one of them a third time even better.