Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Anybody recognize a change in Rex's demeanor?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,550

    Anybody recognize a change in Rex's demeanor?

    In listening to his rhetoric and watching his PCs, it appears like he's a bit more serious and has toned down the cockiness and arrogance. I find him joking a little less as well. He appears very workman-like and is has his team handling their business like pros. Anybody else observed the same?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    In listening to his rhetoric and watching his PCs, it appears like he's a bit more serious and has toned down the cockiness and arrogance. I find him joking a little less as well. He appears very workman-like and is has his team handling their business like pros. Anybody else observed the same?
    I think its same old rex

    He opened yesterday's press conference stating that there was now a quarterback controversy (which i don't think many reporters got) in regards to brad smith throwing a td pass...he also said that they were going to ship trevor pryce back to baltimore (because of his penalty)

    i don't think he will ever change as that is who he is

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bayville & Sec334
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    i don't think he will ever change as that is who he is
    Let's hope he doesn't change.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    rex is rex...i think it's because the jets realize they just beat the bills..a team they were supposed to slaughter...this team seems focused, prepared, and downright scary....the ravens loss really woke the offense up and when we face baltimore again it's going to be embarassing for the "Old Guard"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound View Post
    Let's hope he doesn't change.
    +1...if it ain't broke...don't fix it.

  6. #6
    He seemed pretty brash and defiant in his postgame presser yesterday

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    this team seems focused, prepared, and downright scary
    This is more what I meant, almost like he realized the team was unfocused and sloppy and he took that to heart and tightened up the reins a little bit.

    As for his personality, no I don't think that has changed and wouldn't want it to anyway!

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,160
    My good friend is a Pats fan & he commented to me that Rex seemed like he was just busting with exuberance in his press conference regarding this team.

    He's been telling everyone that, "The Jets are coming and it's going to be more than you can handle".

    I think Rex has the cheshire grin because Pace, Revis & Holmes are now coming.
    Best Corner!
    Best Pass rusher!
    Possibly best receiver!

    Nobodies laughing at big fat Rex anymore.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Nobodies laughing at big fat Rex anymore.

    ... anyone who did previously was a big fat f*cking idiot ...






    l_j_r

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    My good friend is a Pats fan & he commented to me that Rex seemed like he was just busting with exuberance in his press conference regarding this team.

    He's been telling everyone that, "The Jets are coming and it's going to be more than you can handle".

    I think Rex has the cheshire grin because Pace, Revis & Holmes are now coming.
    Best Corner!
    Best Pass rusher!
    Possibly best receiver!

    Nobodies laughing at big fat Rex anymore.
    +1. You could tell that Rex was very fired up after that win yestarday. He had to listen all week about how the Bills would be "a trap game" for the Jets. He watched his team execute in all three phases very well and blow out a division rival, making the Jets 3-0 in the division. If you remember back to Hard Knocks, Rex and Schotty Sr. were talking about how tough the Jets early schedule was and Rex said that the Jets could really make a statement by starting out strong. I think Rex saw that statement being made with the win yestarday. Factor in that they have done it without Revis and Pace, both of which return this week and getting Santonio back, Rex knows if this team plays hard and plays to their potential that they can beat anyone in the league

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,532
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He seemed pretty brash and defiant in his postgame presser yesterday
    This.

    He was really taking liberties at everyone talking mess about the Jets lately.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    This is more what I meant, almost like he realized the team was unfocused and sloppy and he took that to heart and tightened up the reins a little bit.

    As for his personality, no I don't think that has changed and wouldn't want it to anyway!
    Sounds like something that you built up in your mind and am hoping that Rex sees things the way you do.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,550
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Sounds like something that you built up in your mind and am hoping that Rex sees things the way you do.
    It was an observation, that's all. If you disagree, fine...that's why I asked if anyone saw the same.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    It was an observation, that's all. If you disagree, fine...that's why I asked if anyone saw the same.
    Not at all.

    Rex is himself and is likely always going to be that way. Perhaps you are looking for a reason as to why they are playing so well? For me, it just comes down to that they didn't have many good breaks in that Ravens game and now everything has gone well against teams we are just better then.

  15. #15
    Rex IS The Jets

    For the first time in a while, a coach who does it his way, says some dumb things sometimes, but follows his own eyes and heart.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Union, NJ
    Posts
    846
    I think he realized that the media is not his friend after the Ravens game. All the people that kissed his butt all offseason turned vicious after one loss.

    IMO behind closed curtains he is the same old Rex, but he realized he has to tone it down a little when dealing with the media and stop making headlines with his words and let the play do the talking

  17. #17
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    132
    I have found it amazing how pumped he has been for every post game PC. He's a different guy than he is during the midweek pressers. That's understandable, but its seems equally pronounced after reasonably competitive games against NE and Mia and after the trouncing in Buffalo. As glowing as he was after the Ws he was also visibly dejected after the loss.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    In listening to his rhetoric and watching his PCs, it appears like he's a bit more serious and has toned down the cockiness and arrogance. I find him joking a little less as well. He appears very workman-like and is has his team handling their business like pros. Anybody else observed the same?
    I have recognized a change, BUT, I don't see it as less cocky or arrogant.

    If anything, he seems more so. He seems pissed off about the shots taking at the Jets over 1 loss.

    That's why he kept on repeating, "We'll see what happens" in the postgame press conference in reference to the team getting Holmes, Revis & Pace. As if, we just kicked ass for 3 straight weeks at less than full strength, just wait until you see us now!

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    This is more what I meant, almost like he realized the team was unfocused and sloppy and he took that to heart and tightened up the reins a little bit.

    As for his personality, no I don't think that has changed and wouldn't want it to anyway!
    "Its ok to have fun; not ok to be a jackass."

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,594
    I think last year he had to sell his cockiness because the team wasn't really that good (despite playing in AFC championship game). Now he knows this team is good so he is being cocky, but in a much more matter of fact kind of way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us