Thread: jets don't miss leon washington

jets don't miss leon washington

after watching the last three games.we have to thank the jets front office for the move of signing tomlinson .washington has done very little for his new team.not that I don't wish him well.but with tomlinson & greene co. form the best running back tandem in the league.I feel that they will set a record for most yardage in the history of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    of course they don't but misinformed folks will chime in and just hate on a stout team. Look, all the best to Leon in Washington but it was the absolute 100% right move to make and I'll stay by it til the day i die.

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3765041]of course they don't but misinformed folks will chime in and just hate on a stout team. Look, all the best to Leon in Washington but it was the absolute 100% right move to make and I'll stay by it til the day i die.[/QUOTE]

im sure this year we will have to say goodbye to a fan favorite and the following year, thats the nature of this game...liked leon and would love to have had him here long term but the jets were not going to make him a priority to sign long term....

We don't miss him at all but he was a fan favorite and a lot of folks have a hard time letting go. He currently has no value as a RB and even the RB-depleted Seahawks aren't giving him any carries. Brad Smith has proven himself as a solid kick returner so it made sense to unload him for whatever we could get.

BTW, without the Leon trade we might not have Conner.

1 carry for 1 yard. He can't beat out complete scrub RB's for playing time on an awful team.

Leon Washington will never again be the player he once was, it's too bad he was a hell of a football player before having a metal rod inserted into his leg.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=fullblast;3765045]We don't miss him at all but he was a fan favorite and a lot of folks have a hard time letting go. He currently has no value as a RB and even the RB-depleted Seahawks aren't giving him any carries. Brad Smith has proven himself as a solid kick returner so it made sense to unload him for whatever we could get.

BTW, without the Leon trade we might not have Conner.[/QUOTE]

Brad Smith has turned into an extremely VALUABLE player for the Jets...gotta credit Mangini for finding those 'versatile, smart' players that can do anything..Brad Smith & Eric Smith have turned into tremendous picks for this franchise..not world-beaters but guys you need to have on your roster to win games in this league.