Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets only -4 vs. Vikings

Jets only -4 vs. Vikings

I'm surprised. Thought it would be closer to 6.

Its the Far-VRE (sp) Factor.

the old boy can still throw the ball.
    Some knucklehead Jets fans are still pissed about the year he spent with us.
    They are nuts.
    It was great for us.
    Just too bad his arm got hurt in week #13 or we really could have had some fun that season.
    $hit happens...

I love the guy!

Vikes are a good team. Although Favre is struggling, they still have the best running back and clearly a very good defense.

That tampa 2 thing is annoying as hell. Basically they rush 4 guys and keep two safeties up top all day. Keller is going to have to be good. And we are going to have to be able to run the ball to have them bring a safety down into the box.

Their OL is still not that good. remember some clowns last year trying to tell me that Sullivan and Loadholt are very good. What a joke... Sullivan is OK at best and Loadholt sucks. Herrera is OK, Hutch is excellent, and McKinnie is very good.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 10-04-2010 at 05:04 PM.

I'm surprised it's that high.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3765306]Vikes are a good team. Although Favre is struggling, they still have the best running back and clearly a very good defense.

That tampa 2 thing is annoying as hell. Basically they rush 4 guys and keep two safeties up top all day. [B]Keller is going to have to be good[/B]. And we are going to have to be able to run the ball to have them bring a safety down into the box.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely not as large a concern as it was in the past. And the Tampa-2 has no shot against a 3WR set with Keller and Cotch working the inside routes. The Viking LBs will get worked to death if they try that.

The main advantage Minnesota has is being able to generate a pass rush with only four guys. If the Jets hold the line in passing situations, there will be opportunities in the seams.

So this means that they think the Vikings will come in to the NY Jets home and beat them by at least 4 points? Is that what I'm reading?

Didn't the Dolphins go into their home and kick their ass in gut wrenching fashion? No respect.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765308]I'm surprised it's that high.[/QUOTE]

That "high"?

Who is "high" around here?:D

Arent "you" the guy that had the lowest Wonderlic score in the history of the Jets franchise?...Something like a 7 or 8 if I remember correctly. (They give you 5 if you spell your name right)...:P

[QUOTE=southside;3765316]So this means that they think the Vikings will come in to the NY Jets home and beat them by at least 4 points? Is that what I'm reading?

Didn't the Dolphins go into their home and kick their ass in gut wrenching fashion? No respect.[/QUOTE]

Jets are 4 point favorites.

Wow, some people are just ignorant.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765323]

Wow, some people are just ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Some people smell bad too!:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765323]Jets are 4 point favorites.[/QUOTE]

Well they get 3 just for being the home team.

Money's going to pour in on the Jets side this week and it'll probably end up at -6 or -6.5 by kickoff

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3765306]Vikes are a good team. Although Favre is struggling, they still have the best running back and clearly a very good defense.
    [B]
    That tampa 2 thing is annoying as hell. Basically they rush 4 guys and keep two safeties up top all day. Keller is going to have to be good. And we are going to have to be able to run the ball to have them bring a safety down into the box.
    [/B]
    Their OL is still not that good. remember some clowns last year trying to tell me that Sullivan and Loadholt are very good. What a joke... Sullivan is OK at best and Loadholt sucks. Herrera is OK, Hutch is excellent, and McKinnie is very good.[/QUOTE]

If they try to play Tampa 2 against us, they'll get eaten alive by Keller, crossing patterns, and LT out of the backfield. Not to mention our running game if they go nickel

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I deleted those last couple posts, take it easy guys. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3765333]I deleted those last couple posts, take it easy guys. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

:beers:

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3765332]LOL...(girlfriend maybe, no wife around here...you got the wrong guy)[/QUOTE]

Oh well...It was worth a shot.

I've been waiting almost 5 years to use that Wonderlic line. :D

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3765328]Well they get 3 just for being the home team.

Money's going to pour in on the Jets side this week and it'll probably end up at -6 or -6.5 by kickoff[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that line is going to move.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3765333]I deleted those last couple posts, take it easy guys. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Buzz! That is so cool.
    You just made him disappear into thin air!
    I want to be able to do that...

Who do I talk to to get that same magical power?
    I love that. I am really jealous now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Vikings +4 is going to get huge money in Vegas. That line will move

[QUOTE=shakin318;3765350]Vikings +4 is going to get huge money in Vegas. That line will move[/QUOTE]

Shakey,
    I think Buzz & Vin were implying that it was going to move UP (to 6 or 6.5 points).
    If there is a ton of money put on the Vikings in Vegas like you say, doesnt that move the line DOWN?
    Last edited by Baddniss; 10-04-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Rookie
    actually it opened at Jets -5 and dropped. no way it shifts to -6.5 none.

Been slammed early by the sharps.. even saw it dip to 3.5 in some places.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3765329]If they try to play Tampa 2 against us, they'll get eaten alive by Keller, crossing patterns, and LT out of the backfield. Not to mention our running game if they go nickel[/QUOTE]

That is all the VIkings play. Meaning like 70% of the time.

Rush 4 guys, drop back in zones with the rest of them. They have good corners like Winfield who can tackle, but they aren't good beyond that. They really aren't asked to cover a lot though.

Between Chicago and Minny this year, we'll definitely see that type of defense a lot.