Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets only -4 vs. Vikings

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Baddniss;3765356]Shakey,
    I think Buzz & Vin were implying that it was going to move UP (to 6 or 6.5 points).
    If there is a ton of money put on the Vikings in Vegas like you say, doesnt that move the line DOWN?[/QUOTE]

Yes which is the way its been going. Early action has been all over Minny

[QUOTE=Rock48nj;3765358]actually it opened at Jets -5 and dropped. no way it shifts to -6.5 none.

Been slammed early by the sharps.. even saw it dip to 3.5 in some places.[/QUOTE]

It dropped because so much money was bet on the Vikings?

[QUOTE=Rock48nj;3765360]Yes which is the way its been going. Early action has been all over Minny[/QUOTE]

That doesnt make me very happy.
    Damn those Vegas Guys...I dont like being on the WRONG side of "smart money".

[QUOTE=Rock48nj;3765358]actually it opened at Jets -5 and dropped. no way it shifts to -6.5 none.

Been slammed early by the sharps.. even saw it dip to 3.5 in some places.[/QUOTE]

That's where I think it will end up. (Jets -3.5)

All League
    It will drop to 3 maybe..As long as no one pops up on the injury list.

Just looking at Minny on paper more, we should definitely be able to score points.

The secondary is not that great. The whole team is based on that front 4 who are very good. Fortunately we have a front 5 that can win that battle.

Winfield is 33 years old now... As a corner, that is just tough to maintain a high level of play at. Madieu Williams is a fringe NFL player and hardly good against the run. Abdullah barely won that starting spot this year. Lito is on the other side and we all know he's limited.

The front 4 is good (Pat Williams isn't what he used to be though) as well as Chad Greenway, but beyond those 5, there isn't much great.

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765368]That's where I think it will end up. (Jets -3.5)[/QUOTE]

this thread has now come full circle...we are back to your Wonderlic score...3.5

(keep my girlfriend out of this one, by the way, its my cocker spaniel that licks my face)
    Last edited by Baddniss; 10-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.

-4 is exactly where I thought it would be.

Veteran
    The Jets are the worst Home Favorite in the NFL over time.

i don't get how any jets fans can not like favre. that was one of the more fun seasons in recent memory (obviously last year was better, but i feel like the whole jets being GOOD thing started with getting favre and having a real good defense that year).

also, and more importantly, the one reason jets fans don't like favre, because he cost us a playoff spot by playing hurt, is not only admirable b/c he tried to man up, but put us in draft position to trade up for sanchez the following draft. if we went to the playoffs that year, we might have gone on some kind of run, but the odds of winning the super bowl at that point was probably still kind of low, we weren't ready yet.

if we make the playoffs there, in order to still get sanchez, we have to give up more in a trade to move up to #5, b/c we're lower in the draft than where we ended up (if i remember correctly it was 19). so, we either have less players than we do now, losing out on someone valuable that we probably use today, OR we don't get sanchez, and don't go on the run we do last year, and are still searching for the QB of the future, still saying we should have traded up for V young in 06' or taken leinart instead of d'brick at #4 that year.

at the end of the day, favre gave us a good ride, and did us a lot of favors, how any jet fan can not like him now is simply beyond me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ryanmcg86;3765430]i don't get how any jets fans can not like favre. that was one of the more fun seasons in recent memory (obviously last year was better, but i feel like the whole jets being GOOD thing started with getting favre and having a real good defense that year).

also, and more importantly, the one reason jets fans don't like favre, because he cost us a playoff spot by playing hurt, is not only admirable b/c he tried to man up, but put us in draft position to trade up for sanchez the following draft. if we went to the playoffs that year, we might have gone on some kind of run, but the odds of winning the super bowl at that point was probably still kind of low, we weren't ready yet.

if we make the playoffs there, in order to still get sanchez, we have to give up more in a trade to move up to #5, b/c we're lower in the draft than where we ended up (if i remember correctly it was 19). so, we either have less players than we do now, losing out on someone valuable that we probably use today, OR we don't get sanchez, and don't go on the run we do last year, and are still searching for the QB of the future, still saying we should have traded up for V young in 06' or taken leinart instead of d'brick at #4 that year.

at the end of the day, favre gave us a good ride, and did us a lot of favors, how any jet fan can not like him now is simply beyond me.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you why - he's a suck wad toad.

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3765305]Its the Far-VRE (sp) Factor.

the old boy can still throw the ball.
    Some knucklehead Jets fans are still pissed about the year he spent with us.
    They are nuts.
    It was great for us.
    Just too bad his arm got hurt in week #13 [B](and he kept playing and tanked our season)[/B] or we really could have had some fun that season.
    $hit happens...

I love the guy![/QUOTE]

Fixed :yes:

Rookie
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3765459]Fixed :yes:[/QUOTE]

Exactly guy put his record ahead of the team.. i think he was "enabled" but fact remains he is a doosh

[QUOTE=Peebag;3765456]I can tell you why - he's a suck wad toad.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;3765350]Vikings +4 is going to get huge money in Vegas. That line will move[/QUOTE]

[img]http://images.damncrows.com/image/admiral-ackbar-its-a-trap[/img]

Minnesota is only 1-2, and still have a good team that lost two close games to two good teams. Plus they have Favre. This is no surprise to me.

[QUOTE=Rock48nj;3765470]Exactly guy put his record ahead of the team.. i think he was "enabled", but fact remains he is a doosh[/QUOTE]

Its that "enabled" issue that still bugs me...
    how does a coach not see that there is an arm problem & just pull him?.
    They didnt see it?
    is that possible?
    Coaches dont care about Brett's consecutive-games-started streak.
    I dont understand...

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3765328]Well they get 3 just for being the home team.

Money's going to pour in on the Jets side this week and it'll probably end up at -6 or -6.5 by kickoff[/QUOTE]

the line opened at 5 is already at 3.5 on some websites this line is not going to 6 or 6.5

by game time it will be #6

there is no way that this game goes off whith a the - 4.COMES MONDAY THE SMART MONEY WI BET UP THE JETS.MY PREDICTION IS THE JETS -6

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    we were only 6 point favorites over the Bills...look how that score ended up.