Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad Smith gets better and better each game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Smith gets better and better each game

Gotta give it up for the man, he is simply awesome and really looks sometimes like a man against boys! He is smooth, strong, quick and can basically do it in all facets as witnessed yesterday. Rare that you find an athlete who posesses such talent and versatility. He also has that knack of being at his best when the situation demands, like 3rd down and 15 at the NYJ 15 in the 4th quarter at NE and Smith runs that wildcat for 16 yards, or a 50+ yard kickoff return, he always comes through.

I love this guy as he represents exactly what Jet football of this era has become: tough, strong, fast, able to beat an opponent in many different ways and, most importantly, being able to overcome virtually any and all adversity no matter what the situation.

ASH
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 10-04-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    He's definitely carved out a niche for himself on this team. Kudos to the Coaching Staff for finding ways to use him. The guy is an athlete and a football player. He may not fit into one of the traditional roles set up by the team, but he simply makes plays in whatever role he is in.

I love the fact that he threw that TD....gives teams just that much more to think about when he touches the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;3765407]Gotta give it up for the man, he is simply awesome and really looks sometimes like a man against boys! He is smooth, strong, quick and can basically do it in all facets as witnessed yesterday. Rare that you find an athlete who posesses such talent and versatility. He also has that knack of being at his best when the situation demands, like 3rd down and 15 at the NYJ 15 in the 4th quarter at NE and Smith runs that wildcat for 16 yards, or a 50+ yard kickoff return, he always comes through.

I love this guy as he represents exactly what Jet football of this era has become: [B]tough, strong, fast, able to beat an opponent in many different ways and, most importantly, being able to overcome virtually any and all adversity no matter what the situation[/B].

ASH[/QUOTE]Indispensable player on Specials. He is Mr. Versatile.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3765413]He's definitely carved out a niche for himself on this team. Kudos to the Coaching Staff for finding ways to use him. The guy is an athlete and a football player. He may not fit into one of the traditional roles set up by the team, but he simply makes plays in whatever role he is in.

I love the fact that he threw that TD....gives teams just that much more to think about when he touches the ball.[/QUOTE]

+1
    He has steadily improved and has really become a weapon on the Offense and ST.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may be to expensive to keep in the offseason. Some team is going to overpay.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY State of Mind;3765440]He may be to expensive to keep in the offseason. Some team is going to overpay.[/QUOTE]

I really hope not... he makes his presence felt in a lot of ways on this team. I know we have some tough decisions to make in the offseason regarding who to pay, but I hope the FO has some money set aside for Brad Smith... he's earned it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY State of Mind;3765440]He may be to expensive to keep in the offseason. Some team is going to overpay.[/QUOTE]

This.

I would be shocked if we're able to keep him, but hopefully you and I are wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

And that team needs to be the Jets. You can find a better kick returner. You can find a better receiver. If you're lucky, you can find someone who can run the special packages as well as Smith. But it's extremely rare to find someone who's both versatile and effective at every different thing he's asked to do.

Smith's contributions are so varied that it will be hard to miss him if/when he's gone. But this is unquestionably a better team with him in the lineup, and he accomplishes what it would take two or three roster spots to achieve in most cases.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;3765407]Gotta give it up for the man, he is simply awesome and really looks sometimes like a man against boys! He is smooth, strong, quick and can basically do it in all facets as witnessed yesterday. Rare that you find an athlete who posesses such talent and versatility. He also has that knack of being at his best when the situation demands, like 3rd down and 15 at the NYJ 15 in the 4th quarter at NE and Smith runs that wildcat for 16 yards, or a 50+ yard kickoff return, he always comes through.

I love this guy as he represents exactly what Jet football of this era has become: tough, strong, fast, able to beat an opponent in many different ways and, most importantly, being able to overcome virtually any and all adversity no matter what the situation.

ASH[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. His first few years here I saw him as a gimmic player and am happy to say I was dead wrong. He's an invaluable member of this team and gets better each week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean - Avatar

:D:D

Funny as hell LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful football player. I was worried about the ST without Wallace Wright. The Smith boys, Brad and Eric are awesome.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the franchise tags still exist expect the Jets to put a moderate tag on him and see if teams bite

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3765561]Wonderful football player. I was worried about the ST without Wallace Wright. The Smith boys, Brad and Eric are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hell Yeah, they wreak havoc on STs.

Smith can do it all, its ridiculos how much talent this guy was blessed with. Always makes a big play in a big game - one example is the Week 17 Sunday Night game against Cinncinatti. A must win for us to get in the playoffs, and he sets the tone with Big Plays outta the wildcat to get our Offense going. What a great game that was, and Smith was at his best that night!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing how so many guys are developing with rex in control. The guy is a great teacher and his staff is great as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3765524]And that team needs to be the Jets. You can find a better kick returner. You can find a better receiver. If you're lucky, you can find someone who can run the special packages as well as Smith. But it's extremely rare to find someone who's both versatile and effective at every different thing he's asked to do.

Smith's contributions are so varied that it will be hard to miss him if/when he's gone. But this is unquestionably a better team with him in the lineup, and he accomplishes what it would take two or three roster spots to achieve in most cases.[/QUOTE]

+1 he frees up roster spots...you know the jets will re-sign him within reason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3765585]If the franchise tags still exist expect the Jets to put a moderate tag on him and see if teams bite[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Expect the Jets to offer him top 5 WR money? Are you nuts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

ASH[/QUOTE]

Exactly he just produces the goods whenever he's called up which in most cases is in high pressure, do-or-die circumstances. I would hate for the Jets to lose him when they drafted him, stuck with him and developed him to become this awesome ST/ offensive weapon.

I don't know what else anyone could reasonably ask of the guy. He definitley makes the Jets a better team, with added offensive options and threats and has saved the teams bacon when no one else could. I know it is a team game but he's had profound impacts only he could have done.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Long are the days of having to defend Brad Smith from the Brad Smith haters that wanted to cut him every friggen offseason on this board... it was like thats the only thing people used to talk about on this board... "why do we have him.. he sucks as a WR!! cut him now!!!!"

Man was this guy hated by many from JI, now he has turned into a player that can add a great de-mention to the O, and still be an outstanding player on special teams...

Im really happy that now the play designs are for him to throw the ball sometimes, so when he's lining up under center, it's not always a run...

I can't be happier to se his development, I used to defend him all the time on this board, and now... the haters are gone.. and he's the wildcard threat in every game...

Always a great special teams player!! on returns and coverage, still a developing wide receiver that has only gotten better through time...

Having guys like Brad Smith on your team gives you depth, and will always contribute on special teams, kudos for the Jets never cutting him, and developing him... now opposing coordinators and defenses have to take extra time to plan for this guy... Go Jets!!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETZONI;3766148]... now opposing coordinators and defenses have to take extra time to plan for this guy... Go Jets!!!![/QUOTE]

I think this aspect of Smith's impact can not be stated enough. Anytime you can give the defensive coordinators pause is a plus for your offense. I think it is so important for Smith to occasionally throw the ball. It is like a turbo charge adapter being plugged into The Jets O. The threat of the pass in the back of the D's mind has to scramble their brains a bit when the "Smith" package suddenly comes on the field. The D has no idea of what to expect.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad has been (as many of you will remember) my favorite Jet for a few years now. So long as he's healthy, our offense remains versatile and our ST's stout.