Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex: McKnight can be a two-way player- NY Post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two way player? this dude won't even make it two years on our roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3765856]We cut Danny Woodhead for McKnight. He better have something to offer...[/QUOTE]

I was about to post the same thing!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3766845]Two way player? this dude won't even make it two years on our roster.[/QUOTE]

Too funny.

People said the same thing about Brad Smith and our patience has been rewarded with a VERY valuable player.

Geezus, the kid hasn't even played yet.

Freaking Jet fans.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3766698]Can someone explain to me the last time we saw an example of this so called athletic ability out of McPukerson? [/QUOTE]

He's only been in the pro's 4 games and wasn't active for 3 (which was his own fault obviously). That said, here's a nice run from the preseason. Good speed to the outside, a beautiful stiff-arm, and looks for contact before going out of bounds.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpimUJjX1W8[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3766859]Too funny.

People said the same thing about Brad Smith and our patience has been rewarded with a VERY valuable player.

Freaking Jet fans.

_[/QUOTE]

Yep.. The whole Woodhead thread is ridiculous as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Jet fans don't like USC players. People are just now starting to come around on Sanchez. All it took was a trip to the AFCCG (4th in team history?) and a 8 TD/0 INT start to his second season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3766859]Too funny.

Freaking Jet fans.

_[/QUOTE]

No, cause I was on the smith wagon from day 1, fighting off the hordes. I think I trust my own judgment about when a player needs time/situational development, and when someone just doesn't have it.

I would love to be disproved by McKnight, cause thus far he's shown me nothing but a mouthful of greek salad, so thats the way i'll address him.
    Last edited by Paradis; 10-05-2010 at 02:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3766877]Jet fans don't like USC players. People are just now starting to come around on Sanchez. All it took was a trip to the AFCCG (4th in team history?) and a 8 TD/0 INT start to his second season.[/QUOTE]

Not true. I just think McKnight is a failure.

I will be happy to change my tune if he wises the f up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;3766913]Not true. I just think McKnight is a failure.

I will be happy to change my tune if he wises the f up.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. The USC thing was more referring to the posters that hated Sanchez pre-draft, hated him after we drafted him, and then got on him after he struggled as a rookie. I do think McKnight would get more slack from some if he came from the SEC as well though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Two way", as in McKnight has 2 different ways food can leave his body?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3766934]Fair enough. The USC thing was more referring to the posters that hated Sanchez pre-draft, hated him after we drafted him, and then got on him after he struggled as a rookie. I do think McKnight would get more slack from some if he came from the SEC as well though.[/QUOTE]

^ i think he would get more slack if he stopped sucking.

Its one thing to not get production out of a young player and jump the gun saying he blows, its another when the player actually blows on the field.

One involves drawing conclusions from incomplete information, the other involves making an assessment based on observable data. Visa-vie Joe blows.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3766952]^ i think he would get more slack if he stopped sucking.

Its one thing to not get production out of a young player and jump the gun saying he blows, its another when the player actually blows on the field.

One involves drawing conclusions from incomplete information, the other involves making an assessment based on observable data. Visa-vie Joe blows.[/QUOTE]

OK, what's your conclusion and assessment on 2nd round pick Vladimir Ducasse?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3766972]OK, what's your conclusion and assessment on 2nd round pick Vladimir Ducasse?[/QUOTE]

thats a fairly decent trap question. I think the nature of his position dictates a proper evaluation after a year or two. O-linemen generally are expected to have a number of weaknesses to address before being starter worthy.

RBs i would argue should display certain inherent skill sets, primarily ball security, and endurance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Some crazy comments

First, in regard to the fumbles, I said to myself, maybe they can fix him up like the Giants did to Tiki Barber who had fumble problems that got fixed. Now we talk about McNight as a 2 way player, hey, Barber is a two way player, Tiki on offense, his twin brother on defense!!

One more thing. Many people said I was crazy when I said that Brad Smith would make a great safety. I'm NOT saying we should move him there. I'm just saying if they made him a safety in the beginning, like they did with Scott Frost. I think Smith would be fantastic. Just look how he covers on special teams and his athletic ability. It's just a what if kind of question, not a proposal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets swung a guy from defense to offense, Bardon Moore, so it can be done.

Let him be Ronde rather than Tiki, maybe thats the deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;3766992]First, in regard to the fumbles, I said to myself, maybe they can fix him up like the Giants did to Tiki Barber who had fumble problems that got fixed. Now we talk about McNight as a 2 way player, hey, Barber is a two way player, Tiki on offense, his twin brother on defense!!

One more thing. Many people said I was crazy when I said that Brad Smith would make a great safety. I'm NOT saying we should move him there. I'm just saying if they made him a safety in the beginning, like they did with Scott Frost. I think Smith would be fantastic. Just look how he covers on special teams and his athletic ability. It's just a what if kind of question, not a proposal.[/QUOTE]

Like Woodhead, Brad Smith is a good football player. You can ask these guys to do a lot of things and they'll do it well. Smith as a safety... IMO his body type isn't quite right but I'm sure he could fill in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should call him the Vacuum cleaner. One way he will continue to suck and the other way he will blow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3766877]Jet fans don't like USC players. People are just now starting to come around on Sanchez. All it took was a trip to the AFCCG (4th in team history?) and a 8 TD/0 INT start to his second season.[/QUOTE]

Sheer and utter nonsense about USC players. Jets fans like players that perform and don't like ones that suck. The antipathy towards McKnight has to do with:

- Being Mr upchuck in the 1st mini camp.
    - Failing to do the fitness test in the main camp.
    - Fumbling the ball at all opportunities.
    - Looking bad optics wise in Hard knocks.
    - Being outperformed by Woodhead and Washington in camp and taking a spot pretty because of where and how he was drafted not how well he played.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3766952]^ i think he would get more slack if he stopped sucking.

[B]Its one thing to not get production out of a young player and jump the gun saying he blows[/B], its another when the player actually blows on the field.

One involves drawing conclusions from incomplete information, the other involves making an assessment based on observable data. Visa-vie Joe blows.[/QUOTE]

isn't that exactly what you're doing with McKnight??

drawing conclusions from the preseason of his rookie year... talk about "incomplete information" :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3766880]No, cause I was on the smith wagon from day 1, fighting off the hordes. I think I trust my own judgment about when a player needs time/situational development, and when someone just doesn't have it.

I would love to be disproved by McKnight, cause thus far he's shown me nothing but a mouthful of greek salad, so thats the way i'll address him.[/QUOTE]

Rex you are not on your job brother ....Apparently Mcknight has to show THIS guy something