Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex: McKnight can be a two-way player- NY Post

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3766859]Too funny.

People said the same thing about Brad Smith and our patience has been rewarded with a VERY valuable player.

Geezus, the kid hasn't even played yet.

Freaking Jet fans.

_[/QUOTE]

I must agree with you. If any of the Negative Nancies had the smarts of REX, they'd be preparing game plans for the Jets against the Vikings. Instead they are here flapping their gums and not really knowing what they are talking about. They can absolutely determins that a kid is afailure without even seeing him in practice or playing in the NFL. They are really astute! The problem is they initially said something negative about McKnight. now that REX feels more comfortable with the kid and says a few nice words, they still feel they have to flex their muscles and dump on the guy. They did it with BRAD SMITH and so many did it with WOODHEAD. now they lament his departure. These guys are fans and know very little. They write on these boards with emotion and little intelligence.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3766845]Two way player? this dude won't even make it two years on our roster.[/QUOTE]

are you a betting man or all mouth?:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765579]That's good, so when he fumbles and turns the ball over he should at least be able to miss the tackle.[/QUOTE]

fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3766880]No, cause I was on the smith wagon from day 1, fighting off the hordes. I think I trust my own judgment about when a player needs time/situational development, and when someone just doesn't have it.

I would love to be disproved by McKnight, cause thus far he's shown me nothing but a mouthful of greek salad, so thats the way i'll address him.[/QUOTE]

What a crock, you sound like DWC.

So you KNOW which players are going to pan out and you KNOW which players are going to bust. Right from day 1, to a certitude?

Just goes to show you how silly that is--Brad Smith did NOTHING for years--people HATED him here--wanted him gone cut to disappear, but apparently you had faith and LOVED him and just look how right you turned out?

And you're going to be right about McKnight because you KNOW he's going to be a bust, just like you KNEW that after years of showing nothing, that Brad Smith was going to be a player.

Oh, I know, it's the effort versus lack of effort thing.

Give him some time, he may turn out to be better than you think.

[SIZE="1"]BTW, I never gave up on B Smith either, but I had my doubts.[/SIZE]

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3767014]isn't that exactly what you're doing with McKnight??

drawing conclusions from the preseason of his rookie year... talk about "incomplete information" :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

cooooo 'mooon

[B]Alright tell me this. WHAT EXACTLY does it look like when a young runningback DOES suck???[/B] Okay.. if Joe isn't that bad, than what the hell does bad actually look like??

I have no idea if he's gonna be able to turn the corner down the road. I'm a Jet fan, and he's a Jet, so i sure as hell hope he can, but right now the guy has stunk it up and there's no shame in calling him out for it. He's a RB and so far has sucked at anything runningback related.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3767067]

So you KNOW which players are going to pan out and you KNOW which players are going to bust. Right from day 1, to a certitude?

Just goes to show you how silly that is--Brad Smith did NOTHING for years--people HATED him here--wanted him gone cut to disappear, but apparently you had faith and LOVED him and just look how right you turned out?

And you're going to be right about McKnight because you KNOW he's going to be a bust, just like you KNEW that after years of showing nothing, that Brad Smith was going to be a player.

_[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about. I already cleared most of this up. Brad's haters were more about him being put into situations that weren't called for, or weren't appropriate. He never will be, and shouldn't have been asked to be, the #2 WRs, or a pure WR at all. It was never about him sucking on the field in situations he was supposed to be good at. Mcknight can't even play Special Teams!!

Just answer the question i asked. If he doesn't suck, then what the hell does suck look like. Rex called the man out for pete's sake. He's a runningback. Its not like we scolding him for things unrelated to his position. He can't even hang on to the ball.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3767057]are you a betting man or all mouth?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sure, its a win-win bet for me. Either i get money, or McKnight vastly improves cause he sure as sh*t won't make the cut next year without a massive improvement.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3767067]What a crock, you sound like DWC.

_[/QUOTE]

What is the point about waiting to know for sure if a player is going to pan our or not? It is totally meaningless and all it gets you is the old 'Hindsight!' hollars from people who refuse to make a judgment. The Jets front office had to make a judgment on the draft choices before they play a snap of pro ball. It should be just fine for fans to do so as well.

You make your judgment and then a couple years later you say, gee I was right. i made a good call on this guy or you say, boy I screwed up and deserve to be called on my judgment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Two of the posters proclaiming McKnight is a bust in this thread were quite sure that Sanchez was going to be a bust last Summer as well. Just sayin'

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3767256]Two of the posters proclaiming McKnight is a bust in this thread were quite sure that Sanchez was going to be a bust last Summer as well. Just sayin'[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO! Its sad to see how little faith they have in REX and Mr.T. as well as our staff. Rex put the kid on the roster and bragged about his play in our last game on special teams. Yet the K-I-A's have proudly proclaimed McKnight as a bust. Rex & T drafted the guy. I think they know a bit more then the KIA's do about NFL personnel. yes, they can make a mistake. But at least let the guy either prove his worth! If he can't, he will be cut or traded. There is no denying that he is a very athletic and talented player. They can hate him but I think they are wasting their time. They have no inside information that JOE will fail. REX said some very complementary things at his presser yet the KIA's are still yelling: BUST.

Its not much but I saw a guy on another board respond this way:

McKnigt: 3.0 yards per carry

Leon: 2.5 yards per carry

Initially guys were down on Leon too. He fumbled a few times when he wa sa rookie. They started to get on Greene too last year until he did well in the playoffs. What McKnight ever did to these Negative Nancies is unbelieveable. From the minute he was drafted guys on this board were predicting that he was a bust! Its almost wishful thinking. I'd wish that every Jets player does great! No desire to say: I told you so when a guy does flame out. GO JETS!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 10-05-2010 at 06:07 PM.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3767288]ROTFLMAO! Its sad to see how little faith they have in REX and Mr.T. as well as our staff. Rex put the kid on the roster and bragged about his play in our last game on special teams. yet the K-I-A's have proudly proclaimed as a bust.

Its not much but I saw a guy on another board respond this way:

McKnigt: 3.0 yards per carry

Leon: 2.5 yards per carry

Initially guys were down on Leon too. He fumbled a few times when he wa sa rookie. They started to get on Greene too last year until he did well in the playoffs. What McKnight ever did to these Negative Nancies is unbelieveable. From the minute he was drafted guys on this board were predicting that he was a bust! Its almost wishful thinking. I'd wish that every Jets player does great! No desire to say: I told you so when a guy does flame out. GO JETS![/QUOTE]

Leon: 2TDs
    McKnight: 0TDs

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3767224]What is the point about waiting to know for sure if a player is going to pan our or not? It is totally meaningless and all it gets you is the old 'Hindsight!' hollars from people who refuse to make a judgment. The Jets front office had to make a judgment on the draft choices before they play a snap of pro ball. It should be just fine for fans to do so as well.

You make your judgment and then a couple years later you say, gee I was right. i made a good call on this guy or you say, boy I screwed up and deserve to be called on my judgment.[/QUOTE]

It is said by knowledgable people that its takes 3 to 5 years to evaluate a draft. Why do teams develop players? If initially they are lacking something, why not just cut them and move onto a sure bet. The KIAs can point REX & T in the right direction as far as picking talent goes. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;3767290]Leon: 2TDs
    McKnight: 0TDs[/QUOTE]

Duh! Both TDs were on Special teams , not from the LOS. I know that you conveniently forgot that! Just sayin......:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3767296]Duh! Both TDs were on Special teams , not from the LOS. I know that you conveniently forgot that! Just sayin......:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So? why isn't mcknight (a 3rd down scatback type) returning kicks then?? OH YA.. cause he sucks at that too.

All League
    Paradis is owning this thread. Carry on. :P

All Pro
    This is a retarded debate.

It's times like these that fans just have to trust the judgement of a coach who sees practice every day and says there has been significant improvement in the player.

Joe was clearly not ready for the pros, but the kid is what 22 years old? I'm pretty sure that 1/4th of the way through his rookie season, behind a HOF like LT, it's only going to get better. For him to go from Rex's sh!t list to active roster in three weeks, from "Joe McKnight won't play this year" to active roster is remarkable.

But everyone has their opinion set in stone "from day 1" and very rarely will the stubborn Computer Chair GMs here admit they just might be wrong about a player.

Suckchize? LMAO.

All Pro
    i'll tell you why he's suddenly been active..

cause our offense has been on fire, and Rex smartly figured there's a chance we're gonna blow the scoreboard apart by the 4th QT (see buffalo). Need JAGs to burn the clock at that point if possible.

;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3767325]i'll tell you why he's suddenly been active..

cause our offense has been on fire, and Rex smartly figured there's a chance we're gonna blow the scoreboard apart by the 4th QT (see buffalo). Need JAGs to burn the clock at that point if possible.

;)[/QUOTE]

haha yeah, that must be it.:cool:

so is your tongue-in-cheek comment to be taken as an admission that you were wrong or that, at the very least, you should reserve judgement until later in the season?

I think we all know that Rex wouldn't just activate a player for garbage time duty.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Paradis;3767173]

Just answer the question i asked. If he doesn't suck, then what the hell does suck look like. Rex called the man out for pete's sake. He's a runningback. Its not like we scolding him for things unrelated to his position. He can't even hang on to the ball.

[/QUOTE]

You're just pissed because the director you love sucks balls. :D

Seriously, you've said some dumb stuff here, but chastising a 4th round pick RB because he hasn't lit it up IMMEDIATELY is just silly. Leon was THAT guy. Tiki fumbled for YEARS. A ton of 4th round RBs never make a team or go straight to the practice squad.

But because he came in out of shape and coughed it up a few times in PRESEASON means he sucks?

Just really dumb.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3767438]You're just pissed because the director you love sucks balls. :D

Seriously, you've said some dumb stuff here, but chastising a 4th round pick RB because he hasn't lit it up IMMEDIATELY is just silly. Leon was THAT guy. Tiki fumbled for YEARS. A ton of 4th round RBs never make a team or go straight to the practice squad.

But because he came in out of shape and coughed it up a few times in PRESEASON means he sucks?

Just really dumb.

_[/QUOTE]
    It isn't the coming into camp out of shape and puking up or even fumbling
    the ball too frequently. It is the looking completely lost out there when he does get an opportunity. Offensive linemen and QBs come into the league needing years to learn their craft. Runnings backs pretty much come into the league ready to go (or not). The exception to that rule is picking up the blitz which does need to be learned.

I am not saying it cannot turn around but coming in to camp out of shape speaks to his IQ and his football desire. Not the best signs out of a 4th round pick.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3767338]

so is your tongue-in-cheek coment to be taken as an admission that you were wrong or that, at the very least, you should reserve judgement until later in the season?
    .[/QUOTE]

oh no, he's definitely sucked so far.. at a position that on average has the quickest and easiest learning curve to climb. Again, i'm just backing up what i said before. At this rate, he won't be a Jet next season. He's not Rex Ryan material. period.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3767438]You're just pissed because the director you love sucks balls. :Don

Just really dumb.

_[/QUOTE]

RBs... need to not fumble and be in shape above everything else. He sucks at both.
    Tiki... good for you. Good FOR you. I'm glad you're comparing Tiki to Joe
    this guy couldn`t carry could leons dirty socks.

and finally... the cinema elite all love malick.... you vs the cinema elite. i get it.
    Last edited by Paradis; 10-05-2010 at 09:14 PM.