Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about Woody Johnson...

Jets Insider VIP

Say what you want about Woody Johnson...

But at least he cares about his ****ing team. Henne just said he never met J-Lo or Marc Anthony... How out of touch is that organization? 36 different owners,its more of a spectacle then a game tonight,they have a red carpet.... So dumb.

Woody to me is a good owner,he cares about the team, and will do what ever it takes... My opinion.

I don't think anyone has been bashing Woody or his tram.

[IMG]http://www.wirednewyork.com/images/roosevelt-island/roosevelt_island_tram_queensborough_7apr02.jpg[/IMG]

He looked especially good after Hard Knocks.

Great, now that you fixed your typo, MY joke looks stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3765570]Great, now that you fixed your typo, MY joke looks stupid.[/QUOTE]

lmao.

Yeah Woody was given **** on here for years... But he's done a great job.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3765574]lmao.

Yeah Woody was given **** on here for years... But he's done a great job.[/QUOTE]

A great job with what?

Winning?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765575]A great job with what?

Winning?[/QUOTE]

Giving our coaches free reign, letting them draft who they want... He's certainly not Al Davis thankfully. Getting us a new stadium, helping the Jets become a team to be proud of.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3765580]Giving our coaches free reign, letting them draft who they want... He's certainly not Al Davis thankfully. Getting us a new stadium, helping the Jets become a team to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer winning.

But, if that's what floats your boat, great.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3765581]I'd prefer winning.

But, if that's what floats your boat, great.[/QUOTE]

Winning is up to the players...

[QUOTE=SBIII;3765566]But at least he cares about his ****ing team. Henne just said he never met J-Lo or Marc Anthony... How out of touch is that organization? 36 different owners,its more of a spectacle then a game tonight,they have a red carpet.... So dumb.

Woody to me is a good owner,he cares about the team, and will do what ever it takes... My opinion.[/QUOTE]

You are mistaken... they have an [I]orange[/I] carpet. :D

The rhythm's gonna get you! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Good post, the fact that Woody wasn't part of the NFL ownership by birth, having only 10 years in it looks like he is getting it right, ahead of his counterparts. Let's go Woody!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SBIII;3765586]Winning is up to the players...[/QUOTE]
    I agree Supe

good post

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;3765570]Great, now that you fixed your typo, MY joke looks stupid.[/QUOTE]

Suuuuuuurrrrrrre, that's the reason.:P

[QUOTE=SBIII;3765580]Giving our coaches free reign, letting them draft who they want... He's certainly not Al Davis thankfully. Getting us a new stadium, helping the Jets become a team to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

I have been to a few away games over the last few years and Woody comes on the field, behind the JETS bench and signs autographs and is a terrific JET rep. I would take him over a LOT of owners.

His "demanding" we have a franchise QB and going after Sanchez took guts and conviction. He has the tendency to meddle a bit but he wants to win.

Anybody who remembers the Hess/Gutman years loves Woody.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3765641]I have been to a few away games over the last few years and Woody comes on the field, behind the JETS bench and signs autographs and is a terrific JET rep. I would take him over a LOT of owners.

His "demanding" we have a franchise QB and going after Sanchez took guts and conviction. He has the tendency to meddle a bit but he wants to win.[/QUOTE]

I had a family pass at camp a few years back, he came over and chatted for a good fifteen minutes. I was surprised at how he was just another guy... Lol never mind him being a billionaire...

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3765648]Anybody who remembers the Hess/Gutman years loves Woody.[/QUOTE]

Leon "I hire Kotite" Hess....................

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3765693]Leon "I hire Kotite" Hess....................[/QUOTE]

"I'm an old man and want to win now..."

- Leon Hess on the hiring of Richie Kotite.

"Now lets go out there and show them we're not a bunch of horses asses."

- Leon Hess inspiring the troops

woody is great, hard knocks proved that....

[QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3765703]"I'm an old man and want to win now..."

- Leon Hess on the hiring of Richie Kotite.

"Now lets go out there and show them we're not a bunch of horses asses."

- Leon Hess inspiring the troops[/QUOTE]

I remember reading about how angry he got and demanded a superbowl before he died.

I was all for it until I heard about Kotite. Even I knew that was a mistake.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3765593]Good post, the fact that Woody wasn't part of the NFL ownership by birth, having only 10 years in it looks like he is getting it right, ahead of his counterparts. Let's go Woody![/QUOTE]

Thanks to him the Jets are a much better run organisation top to bottom than the dolfags who look unprofessional and amateurish by comparison. He took a chance on Rexy who'd been passed over by other teams as HC, opened the cheque books for the free agents - not everything has been successful but thanks to him the Jets organisation has turned the corner and we're growing from strength to strength. Bye bye SOJs