Thread: Drew Coleman

Drew Coleman

This kid has really developed this year. Nice job of the coaching staff to get Coleman up to playing a productive corner role. He is atleast up the level of Strickland.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes he is. I attribute it to REX and Thurmond as well as our DC. We have a real staff and they are able to develop players. I have noticed a big difference in DREW this year. He seems so confident and willing to mix it up. he is not a liability in coverage. Lowery is looking good and so is COLE. I saw him flying around yesterday on special teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank god for coleman because we just cant put wilson out there. He cant cover anyone. Way to step up drew!

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3765704]Thank god for coleman because we just cant put wilson out there. He cant cover anyone. Way to step up drew![/QUOTE]

Wilson will get it over time.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;3765715]Wilson will get it over time.[/QUOTE]

What makes you sure?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3765704]Thank god for coleman because we just cant put wilson out there. He cant cover anyone. Way to step up drew![/QUOTE]

lol....Wilson actually has done fine when placed in the role he should, a part-time contributor to a great defense...SINCE HE IS A ROOKIE. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=genom;3765748]What makes you sure?[/QUOTE]

This thread is about a guy most here, cause they know just go with the direction the wind blows, wanted to be a UPS driver less than a month ago. You combine the coaching that has obviously benefited Coleman in a great way and the measureables that Wilson has, which far exceed Coleman and you have your awnser. Wilson is also already made a great impression as a tireless worker and as I said in the post above, has looked good when placed in the proper role.

Drew has been a pleasant suprise this year and has shown great improvement. I think overall as well, the D is firing on all cylinders with the stalwarts on D having had a year's experience and then some in Rex's D. Guys are just attacking and flowing to the ball, everybody seems to know their role, there's less hesitation just action look at De Vito, Pouha, Ellis, Harris, BT and Scott - they are really setting the tone for the game and sharing the load really well.

Same thing on the O, guys all seem to be hitting their stride at the same time and really paying dividends on all the work, recruitment etc in the preseason.

I wouldn't even spend a second justifying to these brainless, shallow, and SOJF fans why Wilson will be good and why he is good NOW. Figure it out guys. Fu(cking kid was covering one of the most physical WRs in all of the NFL man to man his first game. Everything is there don't embarrass yourself in the meantime.

[QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;3765715]Wilson will get it over time.[/QUOTE]

yes he will. cb's at this pt are usually swimming

Another productive player from the 2006 draft. Hopefully he can keep improving and be a starting caliber player for us.

D'Brick
    Mangold
    Leon
    B Smith
    E Smith
    Coleman

Pretty sick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Drew Coleman has been a pleasent surprise so far this season.

I hope he keeps improving.

Bah. To me, not hearing Drew Coleman's name after an opponent scores a TD is telling me that Drew is doing a good job.

Not Fuking up makes Drew TOLERABLE for me in the Secondary but I count the day until Revis gets back(which is next monday) so Drew can sit his azz down on the sidelines and resume his normal duties as the Water Boy....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;3766186]Bah. To me, not hearing Drew Coleman's name after an opponent scores a TD is telling me that Drew is doing a good job.

Not Fuking up makes Drew TOLERABLE for me in the Secondary but I count the day until Revis gets back(which is next monday) [B]so Drew can sit his azz down on the sidelines and resume his normal duties as the Water Boy....[/B][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

^ Yeah....I said he's the Water Boy. Got a problem with that? ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;3766408]^ Yeah....I said he's the Water Boy. Got a problem with that? ;)[/QUOTE]

No sir. I'm not about to argue with a guy named Vin from New York.