Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez vs. The Vikings

Sanchez vs. The Vikings

This week against the Vikings will Schotty allow Sanchez to throw like he has the last 3 games or will he run it more. If I were Schotty this would be a perfect week to get Holmes started off. Knowing Schotty though he might stick to the ground and pound.

if it aint broke, don't fix it. Miami's D has been better than Minnesota's and look how we did there.

Yeah, but this is Schotty were talking about. Imagine Sanchez with Holmes back?? Jeeze. Its pretty scary.

Veteran
    running alot will not be in the cards. not against that DL IMO.

All League
    Pass, build a lead, ground n' pound and unleash the hounds on Defense.

Game over at the half.

Massive air and ground assaults. Lts. Holmes and Tomlinson reporting for duty.

As good as we are at Ground and Pound, it makes no sense to test the Williams Wall too much. They're that good.

This is the game to unleash Sanchez and all our weapons in the passing game. You go 3 wide (Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery), put Keller in at TE, and Tomlinson in at RB, and you tell them good luck stopping this.

We ran all over the Bills because they knew they couldn't do a thing about it. So why try to air it out? Luxury of a balanced offense.

With Jared Allen, I would think they try to maybe do some 3 step drops, get the ball out of Sanchez's hand quickly. But yeah this game is all about going through the air. I can't f'n wait.

1. D'Brick better bring his A Game. This will IMO validate whether he's as good as some people claim him to be.

2. I like the 3 WRs, Keller and LT formation. Seriously, how in the hell would you stop that?! Could you imagine if Sanchez and Brad Smith were merged into one QB? I don't think you'd be able to keep them from dropping a 40-Bird week in and out.

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;3765777]if it aint broke, don't fix it. Miami's D has been better than Minnesota's and look how we did there.[/QUOTE]

Minnesota's defense has quietly been outstanding...haven't let off more than 14 all year and in their loss to Miami, 7 of the Dolphins' 14 came off a Favre fumble in the end zone recovered by Miami..

...but then again they played Chad Henne :rolleyes:

Our running game was dominant .... against the Bills. Let's not read too much into *that*. I don't think our running game is good enough (yet) that we can just run at will against the very good defenses - like Minnesota. We'll need to mix it up, pass on first down - like we've been doing the last couple of weeks.

Anyone that thinks this is will be an easy game is crazy. No, Sanchez is not going to throw 11 TDs, 3 each to Holmes/Edwards/Keller and 2 more to JCo.

Jets Insider VIP
    We aren't running wild on Minnesota like we did against Buffalo. No way, no how.

IMO we need Sanchez more this week than we have the entire season so far. With Holmes making his debut and with Revis and Pace coming back on the defensive side, this is the week that we should definitely take some chances. Not that we haven't already, but still.

I love Favre and consider him one of the greatest of all-time, but he's at the end. I'm honestly not scared of him at all heading into this game. Stack the box to stop AP and dare Brett to beat us. He's bound to make a mistake (or multiple mistakes) at one point or another.

Sanchez is fastly becoming the player we drafted him to be. The kid really looks like he has it all. Good arm, cool as a cucumber in the pocket, very athletic, can throw on the run, is developing into a tremendous leader, and has that certain "it" factor that you really can't explain but you know that it's there.

This is honestly the best I've felt about this team in my 25+ years as a fan.

[QUOTE=Ven0m;3766080]
    You go 3 wide (Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery), put Keller in at TE, and Tomlinson in at RB, and you tell them good luck stopping this.[/QUOTE]

man its been a long time since we could actually do something like that......

**** a long time

In this game, I fully expect a lot of Shonn Greene to pound the ball down the Vikings' throats....and LT to 'cause Havoc.

Don't underestimate Rex's desire to run the ball. If we're continuously getting 5 yards a carry or more from our RBs, why stop when the Vikings can't stop it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;3766183]In this game, I fully expect a lot of Shonn Greene to pound the ball down the Vikings' throats....and LT to 'cause Havoc.

Don't underestimate Rex's desire to run the ball. If we're continuously getting 5 yards a carry or more from our RBs, why stop when the Vikings can't stop it?[/QUOTE]

The Vikings are dominant against the run. I think they've been #1 in rush defense something like 3 out of the past 4 years. We're not going to hammer them like we did the Bills.

This is going to be a game where we have to air it out most likely.

All League
    I like Minnesota's defense a lot more than Miami's. I think this is going to be a great test to the Jets offense.

You have f'n LITO SHEPPARD starting, and people wanna run it? Braylon Edwards can and should be able to abuse Sheppard.

Minnesota has a very very good D-line and pass rushers. Our o-line better come to play.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3766615]Minnesota has a very very good D-line and pass rushers. [b]Slauson[/b] better come to play.[/QUOTE]

FIXED.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Darth Vader;3766182]man its been a long time since we could actually do something like that......

**** a long time[/QUOTE]

A long time as in never :yes: Seriously, we've never had offensive weapons like this. And only had a couple decent QB's in the team's 40+ year history.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 10-05-2010 at 02:16 PM.