Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez vs. The Vikings

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vin;3766661]FIXED.[/QUOTE]

Both BRICK & WOODY have allowed more sacks and pressures then Slauson. just saying.....!

I really don't see this game developing into an all out aerial assault from Sanchez & Co. unless Sanchez reverts to a pick machine....and I absolutely do trust that he is just better than that now. Otherwise, especially assuming we have Revis & Pace back at 100% this week, the Vikings are not doing anything on offense. If that proves to be true Schotty/ Rex will continue to call a balanced attack regardless of how consistent any facet thereof produces. I'd expect to see a lot of punting, and just enough big plays from counters, hot routes, Brad Smith, and hopefully a successful deep ball or two to make this a fairly smooth W. I'd guess something like 24-10.

[QUOTE=Vin;3766661]FIXED.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that Jared Allen is going to line up against Slauson?

[QUOTE=southside;3766741]What makes you think that Jared Allen is going to line up against Slauson?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will try to force that matchup some, but Brick will definitely carry most of the load there......but w/ Brick presumably occupied on that elite pass rusher I'm sure that the Vikes will run some stunts and overloads at Slauson and we will desperately need him to recognize and execute his pass protection role very well.....I don't think that's unreasonable to expect...I'd bet he gets beat once or twice, but as long as Sanchez doesn't cough it up I really think that just "very well" from Slauson is something we should not have much trouble overcoming.

[QUOTE=thshadow;3766177]Our running game was dominant .... against the Bills. Let's not read too much into *that*. I don't think our running game is good enough (yet) that we can just run at will against the very good defenses - like Minnesota. We'll need to mix it up, pass on first down - like we've been doing the last couple of weeks.

Anyone that thinks this is will be an easy game is crazy. No, Sanchez is not going to throw 11 TDs, 3 each to Holmes/Edwards/Keller and 2 more to JCo.[/QUOTE]

on a day where our passing offense was nonexistant, we ran to the tune of 116 yards and 5.5 ypc on the Baltimore defense.

if Sanchez can stretch the field a little bit, we can definitely run on the Vikings.

All League

Laughing at Vikings Fans...

These dumbass Vikings fans think they are going to roll all over us... Check out these comments about our Big 3 returning this week.

I can't help but laugh at these morons at Vikings Nation.

[I]PurpleFreak
    [I]Re: Jets will get 3 players back on Monday
    Holmes is a b****, Pace sucks dick, and Revis couldn't hold Fred Smoots jock.

We're fine[/I][/I]

[I]thehurricane4
    Not really worried. I highly doubt Holmes is on the same page as his QB/offensive scheme already. Pace is an over-rated player to begin with. And Revis can cover his guy whether he's hurt or not.

Read more: [url]http://thevikingnation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=25215#ixzz11VILYH1j[/url]
    [/I]

[QUOTE=eldanimal;3766757]I'm sure they will try to force that matchup some, but Brick will definitely carry most of the load there......but w/ Brick presumably occupied on that elite pass rusher I'm sure that the Vikes will run some stunts and overloads at Slauson and we will desperately need him to recognize and execute his pass protection role very well.....I don't think that's unreasonable to expect...I'd bet he gets beat once or twice, but as long as Sanchez doesn't cough it up I really think that just "very well" from Slauson is something we should not have much trouble overcoming.[/QUOTE]

For this reason I expect to see a lot of Tony Richardson or LT staying in the backfield to make sure Sanchez doesn't get smacked around.

My opinion on this matter is that D'Brick can't afford to be beaten one on one. He's had a shaky season thus far. These guys get their money and then they start playing like crap. I don't get it.