Thread: What is the reason for the Tuesday off day?

What is the reason for the Tuesday off day?

Why isn't it Monday. Would make more sense to me to get the day off over with and start preparing for the next week on Tuesday. Thoughts?

I think its because players come to the facility to get post game rehab done on Mondays, so might as well make it productive and study.

I know sometimes I'm more sore on day 2 after a workout than day 1. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Never heard the fotball term "See ya Wends!"?

Monday night game pushes the schedule back a day.

Veteran
    So they don't have to say "See you next Tuesday"?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=NY State of Mind;3765867]I think its because players come to the facility to get post game rehab done on Mondays, so might as well make it productive and study.[/QUOTE]

This.

[QUOTE=SBIII;3765878]Never heard the fotball term "See ya Wends!"?[/QUOTE]

i don't think ANY football player has ever uttered that phrase.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;3766289]i don't think ANY football player has ever uttered that phrase.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

Jets Insider VIP
    is it really all that important which day is the off day

The real reason is that they review the prior game tapes et al and make sure injuries are managed on Monday, then on Wednesday they start putting in the game plan and practicing for the following week

Hall Of Fame
    Because Monday is the night players go out and get trashed.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=LesterLyles;3765795]Why isn't it Monday. Would make more sense to me to get the day off over with and start preparing for the next week on Tuesday. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Aside from the players needing some downtime with family & friends, there's banking, shopping, house cleaning and laundry to be done. The NY Jets LLC does a lot for their players, but off the field chores isn't one of them.

Then there's a lot of "Two fer Tuesdays" at a few chain restaurants, 1/2 price car washes and 3 cents off every gallon of gas at Mobil, so why not take advantage of the mid week savings?

:D

Veteran
    [QUOTE=LV2;3766265]Monday night game pushes the schedule back a day.[/QUOTE]

This

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LesterLyles;3765795]Why isn't it Monday. Would make more sense to me to get the day off over with and start preparing for the next week on Tuesday. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Beacause Monday night is the Jets' official party till 6:00 am night.

All League
    Cause they can't stop laughing at the Miami dolphins until Wed... :)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3766289]i don't think ANY football player has ever uttered that phrase.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://vanshardware.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Picard_full_of_win.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by kdelgado; 10-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it also has a lot to do with actually creating a game plan for the next game. You can use Monday to review film of the last game and put it to bed. Then the players have Tuesday off while the coaches finalize the approach for the next game. Wednesday everyone hits the ground running.

Rex said it during his post game speech to the players..Monday was going to be a lifting day no film or anything just a lift. Tuesday was the off day, and then Wednesday everyone is in and they start getting ready for the vikes.