Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodhead

Woodhead

would be happy for him if he was playing for any team but the Pats

What was Tanny and co THINKING! ughghhughhguhggg

Good for him..He's the only Pat I like...Jets need to crush him though..

All I want is for all you loud mouths talking sh!t about Woodhead to come in here and eat your crow. I said it over and over and over and all you small minded people say "He's too small, too slow...blah blah blah."

I'm telling you, we cut a good football player and I knew this sh!t would happen. We sometimes make the dumbest moves man. Infuriates me. :steamin:

lol...

You guys gotta chill with this stuff.

There will simply be times where the Jets cut good football players that go on to do nice things with other teams.

Live with it and don't cry like little babies.

Big picture is that he was never going to get a snap over LT or Greene. ANd nor should he.

Jets Insider VIP
    Woodhead is sick. Big mistake by the jets. But with lt, we really did not need him. And if faulk doesnt get hurt, pats wouldnt need him either

All Pro
    DUMB move by Tanny. Drop McKnight before this stud.

Danny gives a damn about football and McKnight's been coasting on rep since high school.

Good pick up by the Pats. Ugh.

I'm not crying. I just want some of these know-it-alls who continued to go around and mock the posters that supported Woodhead and knew the kid had talent to ShowTFU and take some medicine. :D

All Pro
    I'm happy for him. I really don't see him gashing [I]our[/I] D like this, so there isn't really a reason to be bitter. It's still a good story.

[QUOTE=southside;3765865]All I want is for all you loud mouths talking sh!t about Woodhead to come in here and eat your crow. I said it over and over and over and all you small minded people say "He's too small, too slow...blah blah blah."

I'm telling you, we cut a good football player and I knew this sh!t would happen. We sometimes make the dumbest moves man. Infuriates me. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

LOL...

He can make some plays..good for him...I would have liked to keep him too..BUt I'd rather have Greene and LT as would every single GM in the league...It's a numbers game...BUt Woodhead could have easily been the the #6 wr on the Jets..Much better player than Clowney..

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3765875]lol...

There will simply be times where the Jets cut good football players that go on to do nice things with other teams.

Big picture is that he was never going to get a snap over LT or Greene. ANd nor should he.[/QUOTE]

i think the reason people are pissed is because he's on the pats...

if he signed with san fran people would be cheering him on all the way I think...and I am still happy for him seeing him do well, just irritates me the pats swooped him

but lets be honest guys...woodhead didn't get a LEGIT shot in the regular season with the jets like he is getting with the pats...he deserves it

we are set at RB at the moment...woodhead never would of seen the field here. Plus when we had him, we still had Washington too.
    Last edited by jetsfan920; 10-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.

All League
    Woodhead is the type of guy thats good to have on the roster. People want to kill him because hes "small" or "slow" (my arse)....people didn't believe what they saw because hes a little white kid and THOSE guys NEVER do well in the NFL. Right?

He works harder than almost anyone else. He wants it more. He gives a $hit. He has a chip on his shoulder. Hes SMART. Hes versatile. Hes tough.

Hes everything that Clowney and McKnight AREN'T. ANd after 3 years of developing him, the Jets throw him away because Tanny is to embarrassed to admit mistakes in the draft.

Good for Danny. He deserves all the recognition and success he gets. Too bad its with a division rival....could you imagine a Wes Welker type threat to go along with Holmes, Cotch, Edwards, Keller, Smith, LT etc?

Rant over.

[QUOTE=southside;3765885]I'm not crying. I just want some of these know-it-alls who continued to go around and mock the posters that supported Woodhead and knew the kid had talent to ShowTFU and take some medicine. :D[/QUOTE]

The people who blasted Woodhead and called him not an NFL player were stupid.

But the Jets weren't keeping him over McKnight.

And just about any RB the Pats use in that system is going to look good. Every opposing defense is worried about stopping Brady.

Whats up with the Boston town and the small white guys that can play?? They now have 3. Edelman is ok. Its like they're the celtics from the 80's. Any how great for Woodhead. He deserves his time. We will still kick their ass come December on national TV. No worries.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3765875]lol...

Big picture is that he was never going to get a snap over LT or Greene. ANd nor should he.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess...you also think Wes Welker is "overrated", right? And Eric Smith "sucks" because he "Can't cover"....and Toby Gerhardt ain't a Halfback.

You betcha.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am glad for Woodhead so JI can implode upon itself.

Just because anything longer than 24 hours of calm on this board just feels weird.

Back in the Pile!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=southside;3765865]All I want is for all you loud mouths talking sh!t about Woodhead to come in here and eat your crow. I said it over and over and over and all you small minded people say "He's too small, too slow...blah blah blah."

I'm telling you, we cut a good football player and I knew this sh!t would happen. We sometimes make the dumbest moves man. Infuriates me. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

True, happy though that he's making a living in the league I always liked the guy. But in all fairness, with all the talent we have on the team he wouldn't have lasted or seen the field as much. Its prolly the best thing for both parties. Kudos to him, we seem to be doing just fine.

[QUOTE=bman;3765889]LOL...

He can make some plays..good for him...I would have liked to keep him too..BUt I'd rather have Greene and LT as would every single GM in the league...It's a numbers game...BUt Woodhead could have easily been the the #6 wr on the Jets..Much better player than Clowney..[/QUOTE]

CLowney was cut. So... That doesn't matter.

Danny Woodhead is 27 in December. Joe McKnight is 22.

Danny Woodhead has been out of college for 3 years now. He was not able to get on the field his first year, and had 120 yards from scrimmage in his 2nd.

I'm sorry. Woodhead's upside is severely limited, I don't care how well the Pats are using Woodhead, there's no logical reason to keep Woodhead.