Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodhead

All League
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;3765914]True, happy though that he's making a living in the league I always liked the guy. But in all fairness, with all the talent we have on the team he wouldn't have lasted or seen the field as much. Its prolly the best thing for both parties. Kudos to him, we seem to be doing just fine.[/QUOTE]

He's made a bigger impact in 2 games than Clowney has in 3 years, and I'm willing to bet will continue to be a better player than that scrub McKnight whos been getting by on rep and USC entitlement-hype.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=peterock;3765901]Whats up with the Boston town and the small white guys that can play?? They now have 3. Edelman is ok. Its like they're the celtics from the 80's. Any how great for Woodhead. He deserves his time. We will still kick their ass come December on national TV. No worries.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Patriots have the whitest team ever. The entire o-line, two wide receivers, one starting running back, QB, Hernandez pretty much counts. They seriously have three black people on that team.

All League
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3765934]Yeah, the Patriots have the whitest team ever. The entire o-line, two wide receivers, one starting running back, QB, Hernandez pretty much counts. They seriously have three black people on that team.[/QUOTE]

Shhh, you're not allowed to say that.....the code word is that the Pats are a "smart" team....

Woodhead is the man. I am proud of him. He sprung the block on the special teams TD and converted that drive for a TD. Way to make an impact.
    Last edited by suprjet; 10-04-2010 at 11:04 PM.

really....who frikking cares...LT is rejuvenated and can play hopefully this year and next..Greene is in year 2 and will only get better. Hopefully 4 years from now JEts still have a great Running game and it's Greene and Mcnight..

Some fans are going nuts b/c woodhead makes a few nice little runs. Good for him..But the jets will be fine w/o him!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3765939]Shhh, you're not allowed to say that.....the code word is that the Pats are a "smart" team....[/QUOTE]

Good call. Colts have a "smart" team too. Jets a very athletic.

I agree w the OP here fellas. I'm not saying this will make or break the jets but in all honesty we seem to have poor depth at RB WR and special teams. Why not keep a true football player like Woodhead??

[QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;3766009]I agree w the OP here fellas. I'm not saying this will make or break the jets but in all honesty we seem to have poor depth at RB WR and special teams. Why not keep a true football player like Woodhead??[/QUOTE]

You reall ythink cutting a 22 year old roookie with potential (and a few fumbles in practice doesn't mean he'll never makeit on the NFL level) for a 27 year old player who's proven absolutely nothing at the NFL level makes sense?

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=bman;3765862]Good for him..He's the only Pat I like...Jets need to crush him though..[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.

[QUOTE=southside;3765885]I'm not crying. I just want some of these know-it-alls who continued to go around and mock the posters that supported Woodhead and knew the kid had talent to ShowTFU and take some medicine. :D[/QUOTE]

Havn't watched the game tonight, what did Woodhead do?

And why do you think I wouldn't admit being wrong, if I was wrong (as a leading "Woodhead is a JAG" voice)?

I'm wrong all the time. Almost as much as I am right.;)

Nevermind, looked it up. 8 Carries for 36 Yards, and a respectable 4.5 YPC.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-04-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Sucks for us Woodhead had to be cut, but when a guy like that has no place on your team, it speaks volumes for the talent you have. Now other teams are picking up our scraps :cool:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3765933]He's made a bigger impact in 2 games than Clowney has in 3 years, and I'm willing to bet will continue to be a better player than that scrub McKnight whos been getting by on rep and USC entitlement-hype.[/QUOTE]

FAIL

[QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;3766009]I agree w the OP here fellas. I'm not saying this will make or break the jets but in all honesty we seem to have poor depth at RB WR and special teams. Why not keep a true football player like Woodhead??[/QUOTE]

we don't have depth issues at WR or RB.

most teams would be lucky to have a ONE running back like LT or Greene, we have both.

very few teams can match the talent and versatility of Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery and Smith.

not to mention that Keller and LT are both quite adept at catching the football.

people really need to get over losing a couple of practice squad players. you guys sound like jetsrule128.

Can anyone name an elite NFL RB who is a white boy?....
    'Nuff said...

PS -- Clowney got cut to make room for Holmes.

that means Woodhead would've most likely been cut this week for the same reason. get over it.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3766042]Havn't watched the game tonight, what did Woodhead do?

And why do you think I wouldn't admit being wrong, if I was wrong (as a leading "Woodhead is a JAG" voice)?

I'm wrong all the time. Almost as much as I am right.;)

Nevermind, looked it up. 8 Carries for 36 Yards, and a respectable 4.5 YPC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you posted an awesome picture of yourself in the hampur so you get a free pass. :D

He looked great out there. His TD was a thing of beauty much like the one he scored for us in the preseason. I just hate that we kept more than one loser over him. Seriously, do we REALLY need 4 TE's on the roster? What the hell is the point of that? Danny is a good all around football player and he made an impact in that game for the Pats in every phase.

I was rooting for him. I hope we can sign him back next year.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3765924]CLowney was cut. So... That doesn't matter.

Danny Woodhead is 27 in December. Joe McKnight is 22.

Danny Woodhead has been out of college for 3 years now. He was not able to get on the field his first year, and had 120 yards from scrimmage in his 2nd.

I'm sorry. Woodhead's upside is severely limited, I don't care how well the Pats are using Woodhead, [B]there's no logical reason to keep Woodhead[/B].[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. As limited as Clowney was, I wouldn't have cut Woodhead for Clowney, no matter how thin we were at WR.

But anyone who thinks we [B]should[/B] have cut McKnight is just plain nuts. Way too much potential to give up on after a poor preseason from a 4th round pick with real physical talent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Woodhead's a good player, sucks we let him go. But McKnight can fill the role of 3rd RB I think.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3766055]Can anyone name an elite NFL RB who is a white boy?....
    'Nuff said...[/QUOTE]

Peyton Hillis?

That's all I got.

All League
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3766047]FAIL[/QUOTE]

Really? Woodhead 2 games as a Patriot. 2 TDs, 4.5 YPC, special teams contributor.

McKnight gets some garbage time carries against a demoralized Bills. CLowney is trash.

Lets revisit this next year....