Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodhead

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3766064]I wouldn't go that far. As limited as Clowney was, I wouldn't have cut Woodhead for Clowney, no matter how thin we were at WR.

But anyone who thinks we [B]should[/B] have cut McKnight is just plain nuts. Way too much potential to give up on after a poor preseason from a 4th round pick with real physical talent.[/QUOTE]

Well what's the point in carrying 4 TEs? Did we really need to make sure we kept Mulligan and Cumberland when Keller is obviously a young elite player? Rex can talk all he wants but I doubt anyone picks up either one of those guys if we cut them. Why the hell wouldn't we put at least Mulligan on the PS?

LT has been playing great, can't hate on him. But I'm dreading the day that Joe McKnight has to come in because Shonn or LT are hurt.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;3766055]Can anyone name an elite NFL RB who is a white boy?....
    'Nuff said...[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, and THERE IT IS!!

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Cole;3766074]Peyton Hillis?

That's all I got.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't even have bothered responding because it's a racially biased comment to begin with.

Mike Alstott, John Riggins, Larry Csonka, Jim Taylor.... the last 3 are all HOF'ers.

Veteran
    If the league let you keep 1 guy just b/c you like him, then DW is your boy. Like him and his story.
    But we're kinda loaded at RB. Yeah us... We're loaded

[QUOTE=Cole;3766074]Peyton Hillis?

That's all I got.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! No worries...
    Too bad this guy got injured... He would have eaten Woodhead as an in-game snack...

[IMG]http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/kris-jenkins.jpg[/IMG]

Woodhead is a great little player, the kind of guy you need on your team to win in this league. Can play a few positions, has some talent and gives it all each time he is out there.

I would have rather had him than Clowney many times over.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3766101]Woodhead is a great little player, the kind of guy you need on your team to win in this league. Can play a few positions, has some talent and gives it all each time he is out there.

I would have rather had him than Clowney many times over.[/QUOTE]

right.

but Clowney was cut today to make room for Holmes.

so...

guys we have 2 pro bowl caliber backs the pats don't have 1. i love woodhead and i thought he would have been an awesome 3rd down back for us but a day after both our backs post 100 yard games, LT shakes the cleats off somebody to score a TD, Shonn Green is bursting and running how he should, and our O looked ridiculous ... u guys are killing tanny for woodhead doing some work on the Pats? ... geeez ... stop it guys ... i love woodhead probly just as much if not more than most of you ... but seriously ... give it a break ... i know he won a lot of u over on hardknocks and all and mcknight obviously didn't but stop crying u guys sound like bengals fans ... there's no crying in football!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :Dwhat do you man??? where was he going to fit in the Jets O?? we are solid at RB....gimme a break..we beat them by 2 touchdowns and will beat them again.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3765861]What was Tanny and co THINKING! ughghhughhguhggg[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    :D LT-Greene-McKnight-Holmes-otch-Edwards.....hello...not having woodhead is NO big deal.

[QUOTE=southside;3765865]All I want is for all you loud mouths talking sh!t about Woodhead to come in here and eat your crow. I said it over and over and over and all you small minded people say "He's too small, too slow...blah blah blah."

I'm telling you, we cut a good football player and I knew this sh!t would happen. We sometimes make the dumbest moves man. Infuriates me. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetsfreak;3766116]:Dwhat do you man??? where was he going to fit in the Jets O?? we are solid at RB....gimme a break..we beat them by 2 touchdowns and will beat them again.[/QUOTE]

maybe instead of McKnight?

Hall Of Fame
    :Dall of a sudden woodhead is a stud??? are you people dense????

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;3765880]DUMB move by Tanny. Drop McKnight before this stud.

Danny gives a damn about football and McKnight's been coasting on rep since high school.

Good pick up by the Pats. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetsfreak;3766127]:Dall of a sudden woodhead is a stud??? are you people dense????[/QUOTE]

Do you actually watch football or are you just commenting on this because you know the Jets have some bigger name players so releasing Woodhead doesn't matter?

All League
    Nevermind us *****ing about letting Woodhead go, the Fiins fans have their own thread:eek:

[url]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?283078-Pick-up-Danny-Woodhead-immediately[/url]!

Yep.

Never listen to me though. Im lost.

Keep fluffing Parcells and the rest of the triglicerides.

Woodhead isnt better than Lex Hillard or the 2 scrubs at the end of our WR depth. He isnt a very good special teamer either. And we clearly dont need help there. Just let the Pats pick him up. Good move.

Instead lets stick with this "turning over stones" method of Sparano and Co.'s. Theyre busy turning over stones when what they needed was right there at Wal-Mart. Great shopping Bill.

They were too busy picking up bums like Carpenter, who btw totally blew the block on that blocked punt that really blew the game open. There is a reason this clown was available after being cut by THE RAMS. He blows. He blows in all phases of the game.

Danny Woodhead on the other hand is a damn good football player who was cut because he was on a good team that ran out of room for him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;3765913]I am glad for Woodhead so JI can implode upon itself.

Just because anything longer than 24 hours of calm on this board just feels weird.

Back in the Pile!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

+1 woodhead will be good for the pats....you can't always make the right move. Remember Ward? We have other teams UFA as well.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    ie...Derrick Ward...he ran for over a 1000 yards and we cut him...i think the jets were planning on resigning him but its part of the business...goodluck to wood...looked good and played nice....we got LT and Shonn....i think we'll be alright...

[QUOTE=southside;3765865]All I want is for all you loud mouths talking sh!t about Woodhead to come in here and eat your crow. I said it over and over and over and all you small minded people say "He's too small, too slow...blah blah blah."

I'm telling you, we cut a good football player and I knew this sh!t would happen. We sometimes make the dumbest moves man. Infuriates me. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Where does he fit in with the Jets? He wouldn't play ahead of Greene or LT. It wasn't dumb. The Jets are more talented then the Pats in the backfield.

obviously that's true but they kept clowney who really does live up to his name instead of woodhead.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3765875]lol...

You guys gotta chill with this stuff.

There will simply be times where the Jets cut good football players that go on to do nice things with other teams.

Live with it and don't cry like little babies.

Big picture is that he was never going to get a snap over LT or Greene. ANd nor should he.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Question - which team would you rather be?

A) 1st in the division, without Danny Woodhead

or

B) 2nd in the division, with Danny Woodhead

Face it, the sign of a TALENTED team is one where the guys who get cut are good enough to make it elsewhere.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet_Engine1;3765933]He's made a bigger impact in 2 games than Clowney has in 3 years, and I'm willing to bet will continue to be a better player than that scrub McKnight whos been getting by on rep and USC entitlement-hype.[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly believe Rex cares one iota about "rep and USC entitlement-hype"?