Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fins/Pats: Stat line vs. reality

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3766360]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Blow me Fred.

:alien:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3766342]All that really matters is the points scored.

The game situation may make it OK that you give up short passes all night long as long as they don't lead to points. Both the Jets and Pats D gave up 14 points. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's where we differ. I agree that points is the bottom line, but my question was: what should we take away from this game regarding the Pats' or Fins' core offense and defense? TO's are tricky as indicators of anything since more often than not they reflect offensive mistakes rather than defensive prowess. In other words, they say more about the Fins than the Pats.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3766380]Well, that's where we differ. I agree that points is the bottom line, but my question was: what should we take away from this game regarding the Pats' or Fins' core offense and defense? TO's are tricky as indicators of anything since more often than not they reflect offensive mistakes rather than defensive prowess. In other words, they say more about the Fins than the Pats.[/QUOTE]

See my post #18.

[QUOTE=FF2®;3766400]See my post #18.[/QUOTE]

a good record in teh Hampur/Doots fantasy league doesn't mean you can all of the sudden start spewing your foozball "knowledge"

:rolleyes:

All Pro
    See my post #25.

:D

I think the Dolphins looked good at the beginning, their offense was moving the ball pretty well. Their defense was doing well too, getting a lot of pressure on Brady, etc.

The picks that Henne threw were absolutely awful though.

As the first half went on, it seemed like the Pats offense was getting moving, especially when they went to that hurry up.

In the 2nd half, due to the special teams explosion / implosion (depending on who you were rooting for), it wasn't really a game anymore.

If you factor out the special teams (which is probably the best way to judge the teams long term) I think it would have been a pretty exciting game. Can't really say who I think would have won...

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    I heard the fish just fired their Special Teams Coach.

[url]http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?285156-JB-Fired-as-Special-Teams-Coach[/url]!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3766427]a good record in teh Hampur/Doots fantasy league doesn't mean you can all of the sudden start spewing your foozball "knowledge"

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No a GOOD record doesn't do that.

But when you are the ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM...it carries with it a certain caché.

I have a duty to spread my knowledge.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;3766380]Well, that's where we differ. I agree that points is the bottom line, but my question was: what should we take away from this game regarding the Pats' or Fins' core offense and defense? TO's are tricky as indicators of anything since more often than not they reflect offensive mistakes rather than defensive prowess. In other words, they say more about the Fins than the Pats.[/QUOTE]

Hot night in Miami special teams scores means the D is on the field a long time. Lead means you keep everything in front of you and make a young QB who is shaky use a load of plays to score. That's exactly what the Pats did.

What you take away is they are 3 and 1 and wiped the floor with a division opponent on the road in a big game for both teams.

We're 4 games into the season teams that are for real will get better teams that aren't will fall away from the pack. There isn't enough statistical evidence with teams at their peak to take to much away from any performance one way or another.