Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFT Power Rankings

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

PFT Power Rankings

Week Four power rankings
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 8:38 AM ET
    Week Four is in the books, so our Week Four power rankings are fresh off the presses.

Come to think of it, does anyone uses presses anymore?

Either way, here they are. Press your nose against the monitor to see if you can smell the ink.

1. [B]New York Jets[/B] (No. 2 last week; 3-1): I have come to two conclusions since Sunday: (1) Rex Ryan was right; and (2) crow doesn't taste like chicken, but like crow.

8. [B]New England Patriots[/B] (No. 10; 2-1): Things get very interesting after the bye, with five of the next six against the Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Steelers, and Colts.

15. [B]Miami Dolphins[/B] (No. 13; 3-1): After losing back-to-back homes games against the Jets and the Patriots, it's nearly time to declare the Dolphins dead in the water.

32. [B]Buffalo Bills [/B](No. 32; 0-4): If getting benched means getting cut, there are 22 guys right now who'd love to get benched.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO

1. Steelers
    2. Ravens
    3. Jets

But I think the teams are so close, that you can make a serious argument for all 3 teams being the best in the NFL right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3766284]IMO

1. Steelers
    2. Ravens
    3. Jets

But I think the teams are so close, that you can make a serious argument for all 3 teams being the best in the NFL right now.[/QUOTE]

With Roethlisburger coming back, it's anybody's guess how effective the offense will be, but mine is it will pick up right where it left off with him. I agree with your ranking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for Florio. Banks also owned up to being wrong (about LT in that case). Make room on the bandwagon, fellas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Florio has been the biggest Jets Basher for the past year, as good as it is to see him eat crow I have no respect for this douche bag...... Right now top 5 teams in my opinion are

1.) Ravens - Hey They beat us ( Even if it was by a point !)
    2.) Jets- We are looking great
    3.) Saints- Could be 4-0 right now
    4.) Steelers- This team will only get better with Big Ben back
    5.) Packers- Another team that could be 4-0 right now, Rodgers looks like an elite qb

Notice that the Colts aren't even on the list!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=manmrmoore;3766255]Week Four power rankings
    Week Four is in the books, so our Week Four power rankings are fresh off the presses.

Either way, here they are. Press your nose against the monitor to see if you can smell the ink.

1. [B]New York Jets[/B] (No. 2 last week; 3-1): I have come to two conclusions since Sunday: (1) Rex Ryan was right; and (2) crow doesn't taste like chicken, but like crow.

8. [B]New England Patriots[/B] (No. 10; 2-1): Things get very interesting after the bye, with five of the next six against the Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Steelers, and Colts.

15. [B]Miami Dolphins[/B] (No. 13; 3-1): After losing back-to-back homes games against the Jets and the Patriots, it's nearly time to declare the Dolphins dead in the water.

32. [B]Buffalo Bills [/B](No. 32; 0-4): If getting benched means getting cut, there are 22 guys right now who'd love to get benched.[/QUOTE]

This idiot and absolute loser does not even knows team records. While comforting to be in first place his opinion means crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=manmrmoore;3766255]Week Four power rankings

15. [B]Miami Dolphins[/B] (No. 13; [b]3-1[/b]): After losing back-to-back homes games against the Jets and the Patriots, it's nearly time to declare the Dolphins dead in the water.

32. [B]Buffalo Bills [/B](No. 32; 0-4): If getting benched means getting cut, there are 22 guys right now who'd love to get benched.[/QUOTE]

[b]WTF???? THEY'RE 2-2, YOU FUKIN' SAUSAGE-SMOKER!!![/B]

Does anyone have his Email Address? I'd like to email him about his.....INTENTIONAL BUTTHURT MISTAKE.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-05-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line for me: the only power ranking that matters is the last one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough for me to rate Baltimore #1. They did beat the Jets on the road but they lost to Cincy and didn't wallop Cleveland. Pittsburgh has looked pretty good so far without their top 2 QB's.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3766313]Tough for me to rate Baltimore #1. They did beat the Jets on the road but they lost to Cincy and didn't wallop Cleveland. Pittsburgh has looked pretty good so far without their top 2 QB's.[/QUOTE]

Let's be real here. Had Schottenheimer not kept Mark Sanchez on training wheels in that game, Jets would've won BIG.

They should never have lost that game only scoring 9 points....Never.

Baltimore could just as easily be 2-2 right now.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Steelers
    2. Ravens
    3. Jets

But I think the teams are so close, that you can make a serious argument for all 3 teams being the best in the NFL right now.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=thechadzone10;3766295]Florio has been the biggest Jets Basher for the past year, as good as it is to see him eat crow I have no respect for this douche bag...... Right now top 5 teams in my opinion are

5.) Packers- Another team that could be 4-0 right now, Rodgers looks like an elite qb

Notice that the Colts aren't even on the list![/QUOTE]

everyone is overrating the ravens
    week 1- win over jets, jets commit 14 penalties, including one that extended a drive that resulted in a TD. Our qb was held back from making throws, we were missing pace and jenkins, offense didnt have holmes, revis wasnt 100%, and we probably would have won if keller knew where the first down was
    week 2- flacco throws picks everywhere, they get beat by the bengals in an ugly game
    week 3- cleveland leads a good chunk of the game, ravens barely pull out the win
    week 4- they barely beat a steelers team that is using their 4th string qb

the ravens could very easily be 0-4 right now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=thechadzone10;3766295]Florio has been the biggest Jets Basher for the past year, as good as it is to see him eat crow I have no respect for this douche bag...... Right now top 5 teams in my opinion are

Notice that the Colts aren't even on the list![/QUOTE]

1-steelers(amazing def 3-1 w/out big ben)
    2-saints(they are the champs-no reggie bush)
    3-jets-we beat ravens if schotty lets sanchize play!!
    4-ravens

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only reason why I placed the ravens first because a win is a win..Well see how the season goes and January.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vinluvr;3766291]With Roethlisburger coming back, it's anybody's guess how effective the offense will be, but mine is it will pick up right where it left off with him. I agree with your ranking.[/QUOTE]

You guys are so high on Roethisburger, but neglect the fact the Jets are getting back Revis, Holmes and Pace. The Steelers were lucky to get by the Falcons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3766457]You guys are so high on Roethisburger, but neglect the fact the Jets are getting back Revis, Holmes and Pace. The Steelers were lucky to get by the Falcons.[/QUOTE]

No guarantee that Revis and Pace are 100%. And the value of getting Roethlisberger over Dixon and Batch is far higher than getting Santonio over the Jets current WR core (Not a dig at Santonio, but with Sanchez as locked into Keller the way he is, the Jets WRs were already in the upper half of the league w/o Santonio)

Roethlisberger is a far bigger upgrade for the Steelers, since they were struggling so badly on passing offense (31st in Passing YPG, 3 TD passes, 32nd in First Downs through the air). A rusty Roethlisberger makes a big difference.

Again, despite the circumstances, the Ravens came into NY and beat the Jets on the road. So for me, it's still
    1) Pitt
    2) Balt
    3) Jets

But, remember, the Giants and Broncos were top 5 teams after 4 weeks last year. And Kyle Orton's stats after 4 games are remarkably similar

[B]Orton [/B]
    69-117
    59% Completion Rate
    906 Yards
    5TDs
    0Ints
    97.7 QB Rating

[B]Sanchez[/B]
    60-103
    58.3% Completion Rate
    711 Yards
    8TDs
    0Ints
    105.3 QB Rating

My point is that it doesn't matter. The Saints, Colts, and Vikings were among the league's elite after 4 games, but so were the Broncos and Giants

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;3766457]You guys are so high on Roethisburger, but neglect the fact the Jets are getting back Revis, Holmes and Pace. The Steelers were lucky to get by the Falcons.[/QUOTE]

Getting back someone like Roethlisberger means more than all 3 of those guys combined. He's great on a consistent basis, and only gets better when the pressure amps up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Steelers
    2. Ravens
    3. Jets

I don't agree with the Ravens being so high in the ranking. The only reason they beat us was because the refs were in their pocket and it was by one point. The Steelers D is good but I think think our O is better than theirs. I think Florio's rankings are pretty spot on. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3766527]No guarantee that Revis and Pace are 100%. And the value of getting Roethlisberger over Dixon and Batch is far higher than getting Santonio over the Jets current WR core (Not a dig at Santonio, but with Sanchez as locked into Keller the way he is, the Jets WRs were already in the upper half of the league w/o Santonio)

Roethlisberger is a far bigger upgrade for the Steelers, since they were struggling so badly on passing offense (31st in Passing YPG, 3 TD passes, 32nd in First Downs through the air). A rusty Roethlisberger makes a big difference.

Again, despite the circumstances, the Ravens came into NY and beat the Jets on the road. So for me, it's still
    1) Pitt
    2) Balt
    3) Jets

But, remember, the Giants and Broncos were top 5 teams after 4 weeks last year. And Kyle Orton's stats after 4 games are remarkably similar

[B]Orton [/B]
    69-117
    59% Completion Rate
    906 Yards
    5TDs
    0Ints
    97.7 QB Rating

[B]Sanchez[/B]
    60-103
    58.3% Completion Rate
    711 Yards
    8TDs
    0Ints
    105.3 QB Rating

My point is that it doesn't matter. The Saints, Colts, and Vikings were among the league's elite after 4 games, but so were the Broncos and Giants[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JB1089;3766544]Getting back someone like Roethlisberger means more than all 3 of those guys combined. He's great on a consistent basis, and only gets better when the pressure amps up.[/QUOTE]

When it is all said and done Pittsburgh is over rated and is not a playoff lock.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets, Steelers and Ravens are so close IMO you can rank them in any way you want. Personally I would put them like this through four weeks:

1. Steelers
    t2. Jets
    t2. Ravens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3766602]The Jets, Steelers and Ravens are so close IMO you can rank them in any way you want. Personally I would put them like this through four weeks:

1. Steelers
    t2. Jets
    t2. Ravens[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post. The Ravens are winning the important games. But aside from losing by 2 points to the Ravens, I would rank the Jets over Ravens regardless. We really did own that game week 1.