Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR Dwayne Jarrett charged with DWI

All League
    [QUOTE=petejet;3766271]The Charlotte Observer reports Panthers wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett was arrested overnight and charged with DWI. His arrest was by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department at 2:08 a.m.

In March of 2008, Jarrett was arrested and charged with driving while impaired.

More details to come as they become available.

----------------------------------------------------------

I expect nothing less than complete outrage from all corners of the media.[/QUOTE]

YAWN, this stuff is in the papers every day. This is example #2 million why you should never promote these idiots as role models to your kids.

I know this kid from my work in New Brunswick and lets just say most of this stuff is expected. Oh well.

Not sure if it was mentioned here but as you all know by now he got cut. If he was good that never would have happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=ozu;3767191]David Clowney signed by the Panthers to replace the released Dwayne Jarrett.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy for Clowney that he landed on his feet somewhere else. I want to wish him good luck. Unless the Jets play against him, then all bets are off.

;)

[QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3767127]@Adam_Schefter Panthers cut Dwayne Jarrett. 7 minutes ago[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit late for this but.....[b]GOOD.[/b]

At least now we see that someone ELSE got punished for something like this and it wasn't a NY Jet. :yes:

Good for Carolina. They DO have standards.

And it doesn't matter whether he was good or not. The fact remained that others have gotten off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist while our WR got crucified for it....Nice to see that teams are now FORCED to do things like this after this Edwards Fiasco so as not to look like they were being hypocritical....
    Last edited by Vin; 10-05-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Vin;3767519]I'm a bit late for this but.....[b]GOOD.[/b]

At least now we see that someone ELSE got punished for something like this and it wasn't a NY Jet. :yes:

Good for Carolina. They DO have standards.

And it doesn't matter whether he was good or not. The fact remained that others have gotten off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist while our WR got crucified for it....Nice to see that teams are now FORCED to do things like this after this Edwards Fiasco so as not to look like they were being hypocritical....[/QUOTE]

Think you're missing the boat on this. He's cut for 2 reasons
    1) second offense
    2) hes not good

[QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;3767643]Think you're missing the boat on this. He's cut for 2 reasons
    1) second offense
    2) hes not good[/QUOTE]

And i think you missed this part of my post....somehow :

[quote][b]And it doesn't matter whether he was good or not.[/b] The fact remained that others have gotten off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist while our WR got crucified for it....Nice to see that teams are now FORCED to do things like this after this Edwards Fiasco so as not to look like they were being hypocritical.... [/quote]

I've even bolded the part for emphasis. I did not miss "any boat". I take a JET...from NY. ;)

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Vin;3767648]And i think you missed this part of my post....somehow :

I've even bolded the part for emphasis. I did not miss "any boat". I take a JET...from NY. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ok then you are just wrong. If this was Steve Smith he wouldnt have been cut.

[QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;3767656]Ok then you are just wrong. If this was Steve Smith he wouldnt have been cut.[/QUOTE]

No he wouldn't of. I'll give you that *BUT* my point is that he would've been punished in some capacity. I'm merely basing what they did in comparison to the Hell-fire-and-brimstone Circus that occurred with Braylon.

OR perhaps he wouldn't be punished at all, too.....

Hypocrisy is alive and well..

[QUOTE=FF2;3766374]Where does this put Jets now on the Criminal Power Rankings? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I think it knocked us down a few places. Much to the dismay of Francesa and friends.

Clowney is sending BUDWIESER a THANK YOU NOTE.