Thread: Source: Ellis is "fine"

Veteran

Source: Ellis is "fine"

[B]Source: Ellis is "fine"[/B]
    By Rich Cimini
    [url]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/2143/source-ellis-is-fine[/url]

New York Jets DE Shaun Ellis went for an MRI exam Monday on his injured left knee and, as expected, it showed no significant damage, a league source said Tuesday.

Ellis is "fine," the source said, and he should be ready to play Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings. The Jets should know more Wednesday, when they begin on-the-field preparations with a light practice.

On Monday, [B]Rex Ryan[/B] downplayed the injury, saying, "We don't anticipate any ligament damage or anything like that." It was termed a minor sprain.

Ellis was hurt Sunday on a third-quarter sack against the Buffalo Bills. He didn't return to the game, saying afterward it was a sprained patellar ligament.

I 'm glad he's ok, he's rbeen playing really good for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude's a warrior, no doubt he'll be on the field Monday night.

Rookie
    Among the 300 questions yesterday on Brett Favre, I wish one of the reporters asked Rex if Ellis would have re-entered the game if it were not a blowout. His answer would be telling as to the severity of the injury. I'm not sure if it was addressed.

:clapper:

We need Ellis. He is a rock upon which our D works. Too bad people have to get old, cause he really has been (IMO) a great all-time Jet who doesn't get the appreciation he probably deserves for his durabillity and consitent good play. He's a rock against the run, and a good enough pass rusher to to man the "other side" froma great rusher. We just never got that "great rusher" once Abraham was dumped (for good cause btw, guy was an egg).

[QUOTE=JETSJetsJetsJets;3766334]Among the 300 questions yesterday on Brett Favre, I wish one of the reporters asked Rex if Ellis would have re-entered the game if it were not a blowout. His answer would be telling as to the severity of the injury. I'm not sure if it was addressed.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure how much that would tell you. If you doubt there's structural damage - but you're not sure - you shouldn't put him back in. Then after he's checked out, you find out he's fine.

So the fact that they wouldn't have put him back in doesn't mean he's any worse...

[QUOTE=JETSJetsJetsJets;3766334]Among the 300 questions yesterday on Brett Favre, I wish one of the reporters asked Rex if Ellis would have re-entered the game if it were not a blowout. His answer would be telling as to the severity of the injury. I'm not sure if it was addressed.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I recall in a recent interview with Ellis that he said he would've gone back in if the score was close(which is wasn't). He said that since the score was not close, they decided to call it a night for him in order to not take any unnecessary chances.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;3766346]:clapper:

We need Ellis. He is a rock upon which our D works. Too bad people have to get old, cause he really has been (IMO) a great all-time Jet who doesn't get the appreciation he probably deserves for his durabillity and consitent good play. He's a rock against the run, and a good enough pass rusher to to man the "other side" froma great rusher. We just never got that "great rusher" once Abraham was dumped (for good cause btw, guy was an egg).[/QUOTE]

+ 1000

We really need to have some sort of Sean Ellis fan appreciation day.

Guy has been a solid, all around, lifetime Jet.

You never hear him whine or complain, you never hear him point fingers at anyone else on the team. Guy just keeps him mouth shut and goes about his business of snuffing the run and sacking QBs.

Dude is one of the most underrated Jets ever.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Vin;3766359]Actually, I recall in a recent interview with Ellis that he said he would've gone back in if the score was close(which is wasn't). He said that since the score was not close, they decided to call it a night for him in order to not take any unnecessary chances.[/QUOTE]

I figured that it was addressed somewhere, but I did not see anything on it. To me, that is the best sign of all. It also shows our responsibility and concern with the long-term goal in mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Shaun Ellis's MRI reveals no significant damage.

This is excellent news!!!

An MRI on Jets DE Shaun Ellis' left knee Monday showed no significant damage.

The injury wasn't expected to be serious, and Ellis should be "fine," a source told ESPN New York's Rich Cimini. It's believed he has a minor sprain, and the Jets anticipate him being able to play in Week 5.
    Source: ESPN New York

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=184805"]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=184805[/URL]

HIGH FAIVE!

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219221[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

:dunno: Hey I just woke up and didn't see it posted anywhere at first glance.

All League
    good to hear the Big KAT is ready to roll

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;3766346]:clapper:

We need Ellis. He is a rock upon which our D works. Too bad people have to get old, cause he really has been (IMO) a great all-time Jet who doesn't get the appreciation he probably deserves for his durabillity and consitent good play. He's a rock against the run, and a good enough pass rusher to to man the "other side" froma great rusher. We just never got that "great rusher" once Abraham was dumped (for good cause btw, guy was an egg).[/QUOTE]

Shaun Ellis is VERY VERY underappreciated by our fanbase.

I hope he spends however many years he has left in the NFL playing for the Jets.

Ellis is the most consistent D-Lineman the Jets have.

I am very, very glad that he is O.K. :beerme: