Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please tell me if I am crazy (last nights non-calls)

[QUOTE=J-E-T-S-Jets;3766413]I am sure no one here will be shy to tell me if they think I am off base...:confused: This is from my blog, and I am shocked no one is talking about the way the game was tipped in favor of the Pats. Have I lost my mind or did these plays totally change the game?????????????

[/QUOTE]

Since you asked . . . .

You are crazy, off-base, and have lost your mind.

Pat's got every call in the game. Including the clock, they got an extra play at the 2:00 mark in the first half - the clock clearly was at 2:00 2 to 3 seconds before the ball was snapped.

The NFL absolutely needs professional referees and some kind of public review system to keep these guys honest.

This is my biggest fear - we may be the best team, but we'll have to also beat 3 or 4 game changing penalties to take another SB home.

If that happens - I'm done w/the NFL after 45 years.

[QUOTE=sg3;3766456]non-calls against the Pats??

well, the ref was Walt "Tuck Rule" Coleman who singlehandedly wearing his Patriot underwear propelled the Cheating Douche Pattycakes into a Super Bowl when he reversed the most obvious fumble in NFL history taking away a hard won victory from the Raiders and handing it to the undeserving cheaters on whose payroll he resides[/QUOTE]

"hard won" victory -- lol. Raiders would have won the game 13-10 if they just been able to convert a 2 and 2 with just over 2 minutes left in the game. They weren't up to the task, and they got what they deserved.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;3766759]The trip should have been called. I was amazed (maybe I shouldn't have been) that the tv guys missed it.

The block in the back on the kick return was not blatant in my mind but I've seen less called. I wouldn't call that a terrible call.

[B]I am becoming increasingly annoyed with penalty calls being made and then the refs huddling and changing the call. You can't review a penalty call so why should the refs get to huddle and have one ref talk another one out of a call? Only when there is a total misinterpretation of the rules should they have that type of huddle.[/B][/QUOTE]

Ron Winter is the KING of that sh*t! :steamin:
    Even going as far as making up another penalty on the same play to offset a blatant one on the team he is rooting for.
    I wish Tonya Harding would take care of him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=PETER PAT;3766911]So you didn't notice the BS Pass interference call, where Best was inside McCourtney was outside, the throw was outside, so Best goes for the ball, and goes through Mcourtney who was looking at the ball, and of coarse gets called for a bad PI on 3rd down.

Or you didn't notice the phantom holding call, that called back a 40 yard reception to Hernandez in the 1st quarter. And I guess you didn't notice the chock hold take down on Warren on the Dolphins first TD.

And as long as you are bringing up illegal blocks in the back on KR, watch Spillers TD vs the Pats the week before, there are 2 of them at the same time in front of the ref. I am sure with your complete unbiased Pats blog, you didn't notice that either.

By the way watch to see if Woodhead blocks the player down, in the back, it looks like the player took a bad angle and was out of the play, and Woodhead was barely touching him. It would have been the ultimate of the cheap calls.

I am glad you stated you hate the Dolphins more than the Pats, but proceeded to ignore all the calls the Fins got, which were way more than the pats.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the McCourtney play. That was BS... our rookie has also been being targeted. I think they are a little harder on those guys.

P.S. Tom Brady is gay :yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Jets2K5;3766969]

This is my biggest fear - we may be the best team, but we'll have to also beat 3 or 4 game changing penalties to take another SB home.

If that happens - I'm done w/the NFL after 45 years.[/QUOTE]

Thats my point... I know the game and the ref's can't be perfect, but if I am spotting these things at full speed why can't the commentators at least blow them up? :rolleyes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;3766951]Since you asked . . . .

You are crazy, off-base, and have lost your mind.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought :D

Yes I did notice it (as well as other BS calls like the Marshal offensive pass interference call), but you'll never get people to acknowledge bad officiating (no matter how slanted it is towards one team) unless the bad call occurred on the last play of the game (see Vinny TD run in 1998, Baker force out in 2006). It's hard to envision with the lackluster special teams effort that Miami could have won the game, but you are right that the game looks a lot different at 14-3 (without the interception) than it does at 7-6 going into halftime.

What's a shame is that poor performances can cost players/coaches their jobs (see the Miami special teams coaches) and in rightfully so in most cases. However if an official or officiating crew (be it from incompotence or outright corruption) is consistently bad/slanted, the officials get to keep their jobs. I think alot of which comes from the "stop whining" rhetoric that fans lay out, but I don't get why we're so quick to hold coaches/players accountable and yet bad officiating in this BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS is so quickly brushed off.

Put it this way: So far this season I have been checking before each game to see who is the referee for the game. If I see the name "Ron Winter" on the list, I know we'll be in for a lot of bad calls (that could cost us the game since we'll have to be twice as good).

[QUOTE=LV2;3766708]I did notice the trip on the Williams run but didn't check the replay (DVR).

Bottom line - if a team that lost by 27 starts blaming the officials, they might as well just forfeit the rest of the season. They got their asses kicked in the 2nd half. They didn't even show up.[/QUOTE]

the trip was ridiculous & blatant....15 yards/& close to a first & goal is what it should have been

[QUOTE=Jets2K5;3766969]Pat's got every call in the game. Including the clock, they got an extra play at the 2:00 mark in the first half - the clock clearly was at 2:00 2 to 3 seconds before the ball was snapped.

The NFL absolutely needs professional referees and some kind of public review system to keep these guys honest.

If that happens - I'm done w/the NFL after 45 years.[/QUOTE]

holy sh*t forgot about the clock as well....a FULL 2 SECONDS- those motherf*ckers get every call

I want the Jets to decapitate Brady Dec 6th

All League
    After the Blatant hold on Cameron Wake was waved off, Gruden very pointedly said something like, "Hey, isn't that Walt Coleman down there?".

It was funny, but imo got the point across very well that COlemans impartiality is questioned by more people than just the fans. Of course nothing will be said about it or what Gruden implied, but it was a very rare example of an announcer letting his true feelings about an official be known.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=PETER PAT;3766911]So you didn't notice the BS Pass interference call, where Best was inside McCourtney was outside, the throw was outside, so Best goes for the ball, and goes through Mcourtney who was looking at the ball, and of coarse gets called for a bad PI on 3rd down.
    [/QUOTE]

McCourty

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Here's the block in the back

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/72TributeBike/BadBlockNoCall.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=FF2;3766651]:bigcry:[/QUOTE]

This...........

....is what Pats fans will be doing when the Jets sweep them this year :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3767190]Here's the block in the back

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/72TributeBike/BadBlockNoCall.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Shhhh.....Don't tell anyone that the Patriots have been benefitting from the officiating since Kraft became a power on the Competition Committee.

That still photo is a bit misleading on that play as the Phin players own momentum carried him out that way and he seemed to be wanting to turn the guy back inside. I'm as much of a Pat hater as the next guy and they do get a lot of calls but that one really in my mind was not blatantly bad when you see it at top speed.

[QUOTE=J-E-T-S-Jets;3766413]I am sure no one here will be shy to tell me if they think I am off base...:confused: This is from my blog, and I am shocked no one is talking about the way the game was tipped in favor of the Pats. Have I lost my mind or did these plays totally change the game?????????????

[URL="http://j-e-t-s-jets.blogspot.com/2010/10/pats-steal-another-win.html"]http://j-e-t-s-jets.blogspot.com/2010/10/pats-steal-another-win.html[/URL]

....[/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing new. The NFL-Darlings always get this type of treatment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images

Or you didn't notice the phantom holding call, that called back a 40 yard reception to Hernandez in the 1st quarter. And I guess you didn't notice the chock hold take down on Warren on the Dolphins first TD.

And as long as you are bringing up illegal blocks in the back on KR, watch Spillers TD vs the Pats the week before, there are 2 of them at the same time in front of the ref. I am sure with your complete unbiased Pats blog, you didn't notice that either.

By the way watch to see if Woodhead blocks the player down, in the back, it looks like the player took a bad angle and was out of the play, and Woodhead was barely touching him. It would have been the ultimate of the cheap calls.

I am glad you stated you hate the Dolphins more than the Pats, but proceeded to ignore all the calls the Fins got, which were way more than the pats.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Pete, I was watching the game with two die hard Pats fans, and even they commented on the non-calls against the Pats.

The McCourty/Devon Bess PI was a pretty solid call. McCourty clearly interfered with Bess' ability to get to the ball, and McCourty wasn't trying to catch the ball himself when he did it.

Every game is going to have marginal calls. But the blatant misses last night were glaring.

[QUOTE=J-E-T-S-Jets;3766413] Ricky Williams breaks off a huge run and after his 3rd juke he had a clear shot to the endzone. That would have made the score 14-3 and the Dolphins would have complete control of the game. Instead the final Patriot defender, who missed the tackle badly, sticks out his right leg and BLATANTLY trips Williams. No flag [/QUOTE]

here's a rules question is tripping illegal in the course of a tackle? it's illegal to trip block someone but is the trip tackle is fair game?

[QUOTE=bitonti;3767593]here's a rules question is tripping illegal in the course of a tackle? it's illegal to trip block someone but is the trip tackle is fair game?[/QUOTE]

Totally illegal, by either team.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries[/url]

"10 Yard penalties: Tripping by a member of either team."

I recall Zach Thomas (on the Dolphags) tripping up Cumar. It ended up wrecking his knee :steamin: , and Cumar never played another season after that.