Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins panic, fire...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Dolphins panic, fire...

Their Special Teams coach.

Also, had to announce that Henne wil remain their starter.

Got to love it.

Banned
    I don't get the talk on Henne getting benched. He looked good against us. He had a bad game last night. It happens.

I love that they're losing it though. I can't stand the Dolphins.

[IMG]http://dsskcorp.com/ibidem/fotographia/misc/panic!at.teh.dsskcorp.gif[/IMG]

But yeah....I don't know why they have to say that about Henne. Question his performance but I don't know why they had to say he will be the starter still.

mortreport

[QUOTE]No matter what Sparano says publicly, there have been discussions re: Henne. He's got time to turn it around but it's been internal topic.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3766576][IMG]http://dsskcorp.com/ibidem/fotographia/misc/panic!at.teh.dsskcorp.gif[/IMG]

But yeah....I don't know why they have to say that about Henne. Question his performance but I don't know why they had to say he will be the starter still.[/QUOTE]

LOL Im stealin that gif

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3766566]I don't get the talk on Henne getting benched. He looked good against us. He had a bad game last night. It happens.

I love that they're losing it though. I can't stand the Dolphins.[/QUOTE]

Actually his one and only good game was against us. 15 points against the weak Bills, who give up near 40 every week & only one offensive score vs. The Vikes. And that was a gift. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    they need to put pennington in immediately or the season is over for them.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3766744]they need to put pennington in immediately or the season is over for them.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely; immediately!...Chad Pennington is signed by Miami for this one season and he will be a starting NFL QB elsewhere in 2011; let Henne and Thigpen fight it out in training camp next year. Meanwhile, bring in CP10 now to "right the ship" as he did in 2008!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD9kDsqUt-A[/url]
    Last edited by gcherd; 10-05-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Bonamego absolutely deserved to be fired. The special teams have been our achilles heel for two of our three years since he's been here. Last night's performance was unforgivable. Firing this incompetent moron is not "panicking." It's the only logical choice.

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3766761]Bonamego absolutely deserved to be fired. The special teams have been our achilles heel for two of our three years since he's been here. Last night's performance was unforgivable. Firing this incompetent moron is not "panicking." It's the only logical choice.[/QUOTE]

Agreed that kind of performance and past bad play from what I've heard justifies the firing. Having said that, if I'm the Phins fans and the writers I would really turn up the heat on the head coach and or GM who decided to keep the coach into this year if he was bad in the past.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3766765]Agreed that kind of performance and past bad play from what I've heard justifies the firing. Having said that, if I'm the Phins fans and the writers I would really turn up the heat on the head coach and or GM who decided to keep the coach into this year if he was bad in the past.[/QUOTE]

The special teams were really improved in 2009. I don't believe we allowed a single return for a TD all year. Outside of the second Jets game, our returns were unspectacular, but it looked like Bonamego fixed our special teams problems. After the special teams melt downs that have cost us two winnable home division games, that's clearly not the case, but I can't blame Parcells & Co. for keeping Bonamego around after how much better the special teams were in 2009 than they were in 2008.

Firing a coordinator midseason reflects poorly on your leadership (you came into the season believing someone could get the job done that could not)

BUT what would have reflected even worse was not firing him. This was not an offense that had a bad game or a defense that got exploited. Those things can be fixed. We are talking about a special teams unit that was so thoroughly unprepared that it really made you wonder if that practiced it all.

Credit to Sporano/Ireland for saying that they made a mistake by thinking this guy could get the job done but not compounding the mistake by keeping him.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=gcherd;3766760]Absolutely; immediately!...Chad Pennington is signed by Miami for this one season and he will be a starting NFL QB elsewhere in 2011; let Henne and Thigpen fight it out in training camp next year. Meanwhile, bring in CP10 now to "right the ship" as he did in 2008!

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mspin.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mspin.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mspin.gif[/IMG]

Ha ha ha!

Chad Penne couldn't even get garbage time reps when Chad Henne was pulled.

It over. It very, very over.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Absolutely; immediately!...Chad Pennington is signed by Miami for this one season and he will be a starting NFL QB elsewhere in 2011; let Henne and Thigpen fight it out in training camp next year. Meanwhile, bring in CP10 now to "right the ship" as he did in 2008![/QUOTE]

gcherd gets it. Too bad the Dolphins dont. They will waste another game or 2 with henne and bring in Pennington when its to late. Dont they know this is an even year when chad is coming off surgery? This is when Chad is at his best.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3766761]Bonamego absolutely deserved to be fired. The special teams have been our achilles heel for two of our three years since he's been here. Last night's performance was unforgivable. Firing this incompetent moron is not "panicking." It's the only logical choice.[/QUOTE]

I'm Starving! Feed The Wolf!

SAR I

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3766659]Actually his one and only good game was against us. 15 points against the weak Bills, who give up near 40 every week & only one offensive score vs. The Vikes. And that was a gift. :yes:[/QUOTE]

It's about time someone pointed this out; he's not even worth posting about.

Dolphins have been exposed as frauds, and my good buddy is crestfallen. The guy grew up in Cocoa Beach (honestly) and saw those good teams...he's walking around throwing up right now.

lol ;)

[IMG]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/269/d/9/johnny_the_gay_wolf_3_by_johnny_the_gay_wolf.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=SAR I;3766791]
    Ha ha ha!

Chad Penne couldn't even get garbage time reps when Chad Henne was pulled.

It over. It very, very over.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Why would Sparano bring Chad P. in for garbage time when he knows he'll likely be his starter again very soon?!
    I watched #10 in preseason and his arm is healthy again.
    Better dust off your "Pennington Portfolio" SAR, it's almost time for some more "Chad Pennington football"! :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    wow that's ghey.

Bewildered Beast

That sounds right.