Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dolphins panic, fire...

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3766793]gcherd gets it. Too bad the Dolphins dont. They will waste another game or 2 with henne and bring in Pennington when its to late. Dont they know this is an even year when chad is coming off surgery? [B]This is when Chad is at his best[/B].[/QUOTE]

LMAOAOAOAOAOAO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3766566]I don't get the talk on Henne getting benched. He looked good against us. He had a bad game last night. It happens.

I love that they're losing it though. I can't stand the Dolphins.[/QUOTE]
    i don't get why people think henne is so good. he only plays well against the jets. he stinks 14 games a year. the jets game is his only good game this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Henne sucks wolf balls.

Dollphins are a bunch of frauds. Everything they do is a panic move after the JETS get it right!

:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3766761]Bonamego absolutely deserved to be fired. The special teams have been our achilles heel for two of our three years since he's been here. Last night's performance was unforgivable. Firing this incompetent moron is not "panicking." It's the only logical choice.[/QUOTE]

Then he should have been fired one of those offseasons.

Now they not only look desperate but they look like they're making him out to be a scapegoat.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Zombo;3766831]i don't get why people think henne is so good. he only plays well against the jets. he stinks 14 games a year. the jets game is his only good game this year.[/QUOTE]

Not even this. He threw for what 50 yards and could hardly move the fish against the Jets in GS last year. It's only in Miami heat where he causes the Jets problems.

Cool weather, road game, not so much. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins would be insane for benching Henne. I actually think he's going to be pretty good, he's a young QB, which means he will be inconsistent (So will Sanchez, at some point this season) but while he was bad yesterday, he wasn't so pitiful to deserve being benched.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3766815]Why would Sparano bring Chad P. in for garbage time when he knows he'll likely be his starter again very soon?!
    I watched #10 in preseason and his arm is healthy again.
    Better dust off your "Pennington Portfolio" SAR, it's almost time for some more "Chad Pennington football"! [/QUOTE]

I fear for Chad's life. Don't want to see the warrior get hurt. That team is about to quit on its sunglass-donning head coach and that means Penne would get obliterated.

Much as he was a complete failure for the Jets and allowed the Patriots to win three Super Bowls on his watch, I've got a heart.

SAR I

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3766857]Dolphins would be insane for benching Henne. I actually think he's going to be pretty good, he's a young QB, which means he will be inconsistent (So will Sanchez, at some point this season) but while he was bad yesterday, he wasn't so pitiful to deserve being benched.[/QUOTE]

Henne blows, a 4 year starter in college, watched Chad P. for over a season until injury opened the door. He choked when the playoffs were on the line last year.

It's obvious that he isn't an NFL starter. He can't make touch throws and locks on the receiver and to quote one idiot talking head commentator "he looks like robo-qb".

The special teams play is more a reflection of the quality of the players on ST - Fatcells released some good ST guys and gambled that scrubs could get the job done. Fail once again for the fatman.

NE used the same play scheme to block the punt as we did - the Dolphags coached how to defense that play but the players didn't do their job.

Besides the "feed the wolf" deal the Phags also have an Orange Carpet where D-list celeb's make an entrance.

How about this one:
    [IMG]http://www.page2live.com/2010/10/05/memo-to-the-miami-dolphins-d-list-celebs-dont-bring-
    wins/[/IMG]

It's a pic of the Geico caveman - don't know why the image isn't showing up.
    Last edited by Jets2K5; 10-05-2010 at 02:51 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3766869]I fear for Chad's life. Don't want to see the warrior get hurt. That team is about to quit on its sunglass-donning head coach and that means Penne would get obliterated.

Much as he was a complete failure for the Jets and allowed the Patriots to win three Super Bowls on his watch, I've got a heart.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like to believe you SAR, I instead think that you'd love nothing more than to see Chad P. pounded into the turf for another photo opportunity like that one you love to post of Chad trying to get up after having his ankle ligament shredded from a Patriots pass rush. You know, that day when Jets fans cheered his injury :(!

P.S. I do believe you have a heart, just not one for Chad Pennington! :)
    Last edited by gcherd; 10-05-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;3766566]I don't get the talk on Henne getting benched. He looked good against us. He had a bad game last night. It happens.

I love that they're losing it though. I can't stand the Dolphins.[/QUOTE]

Because the Jets were playing in 85 degree weather with 80% humidity.

There is a reason why Henne doesn't look so good on the road. Also, the weather last night wasn't as bad as it was on SNF the week before with the Jets.

Henne's numbers benefit from opposing defenses being worn down by the oppresive heat of Miami. The conditions change and Henne's numbers drop.

Henne has not played well in 3 of the 1st 4 games, 2 on the road, and 1 (list night) where the conditions weren't bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3766857]Dolphins would be insane for benching Henne. I actually think he's going to be pretty good, he's a young QB, which means he will be inconsistent (So will Sanchez, at some point this season) but while he was bad yesterday, he wasn't so pitiful to deserve being benched.[/QUOTE]

Henne is 25 yrs old and 16 months older than Sanchez. Henne also has 45 collegiate starts under his belt.

Sanchez was an elite prospect coming out of college, but Henne wasn't for a reason.

I still don't understand how people continue to predict that Henne will be "pretty good." Based on what? Arm strength. Henne has played A LOT of football at a high level with college & the pros to still look like he does now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3766761]Bonamego absolutely deserved to be fired. The special teams have been our achilles heel for two of our three years since he's been here. Last night's performance was unforgivable. Firing this incompetent moron is not "panicking." It's the only logical choice.[/QUOTE]

Firing a coach mid-season, the day after a bad performance is pretty much the definition of panicing. If he was the wrong guy, he should have been gone after last year. They obviously didn't think so then. They obviously felt he was the right guy for the job then that they allowed him to keep his job.

Why don't they fire their OC for putting up a ****ty 14 point performance against a Defense that even Buffalo put up 30 points on?

Why don't they fire their DC after he had no answer for the Jets offense last week?

Coaches have a bad game, it happens. But, this was absolutely a panic move.

Maybe it was long overdue, doesn't change the fact that this move was nothing more then a short-sighted reaction to an awful performance though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3766815]Why would Sparano bring Chad P. in for garbage time when he knows he'll likely be his starter again very soon?!
    I watched #10 in preseason and his arm is healthy again.
    Better dust off your "Pennington Portfolio" SAR,[B] it's almost time for some more "Chad Pennington football"! [/B]:yes:[/QUOTE]

Hope so. No stretching the field = QB brutalized by our D.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;3767263]Henne is 25 yrs old and 16 months older than Sanchez. Henne also has 45 collegiate starts under his belt.

Sanchez was an elite prospect coming out of college, but Henne wasn't for a reason.

I still don't understand how people continue to predict that Henne will be "pretty good." Based on what? Arm strength. Henne has played A LOT of football at a high level with college & the pros to still look like he does now.[/QUOTE]

25 is still really young for a QB I know Ryan, Roethlisberger, Flacco, and other have showed success on the NFL level early, but it takes many good QBs a few years to find their stride... Eli Manning for one, Aaron Rodgers didn't start until his 5th season, even Brees wasn't really successful until his 4th year in the league (3rd year playing).
    Writing off a 25 year old QB after 16 starts is insane, especially a guy who has had some success like Henne has.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3767548]
    Writing off a 25 year old QB after 16 starts is insane, especially a guy who has had some success like Henne has.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree that it seems absurd to write off Henne so early in his career. I think it's likely that Chad Pennington will play soon this season to see if he can recapture some of his 2008 magic, and then next season a young Henne and young Thigpen will fight it out for the # 1 spot while Chad P. signs with Minnesota to reunite with Randy Moss on their way to the NFC championship!
    Last edited by gcherd; 10-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.