Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could the 2010 Draft be a bust!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jordy;3767365]We have a Mini Schroy. [/QUOTE]

that's a blood insult to the dbakes of this world

Jets Insider VIP
    Connor is having an impact but the other 3 guys stink at this point in their careers. Could they develop???? Sure. I mean, how many times do we have to see kyle wilson with his back the the qb, chasing a reciever who has toasted him and wilson not having a damn clue where the ball is? Sorry but 4 games in, im sick of it. On a team gunning for a championship, he has no business out there. Coleman has jumped him on the depth chart and by monday night lowery will have as well.

Bu back to the draft, training came next year will let us know how far these guys have come. But i belive connor will be the only one helping us this year

This is what happens when we are winning. Fans are so used to having something to worry about that we're making up problems now.

You can't know that 4 weeks into their first season...

Veteran
    [QUOTE=yayankee;3767342]Kyle Wilson Vlad Ducasse Joe McKnight John Conner

I know there is plenty of potential here and you can't judge on only 4 games, but this group is having a hard time making an impact....any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5087][IMG]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/1240265992468.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I know there is plenty of potential here and you can't judge on only 4 games, but this group is having a hard time making an impact....any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

if guys were considered bust after 1 full season in the NFL let alone for 4 games and then cut ... the NFL would only have about 2 teams ... maybe 1 ... i dont like saying that dumb thread thing ... but yeah this is pretty stupid ... talk to me in 2013 pal

See, [b]doggin94it[/b]?? Now [b]*THIS*[/b] is a true example of someone NOT thinking before he posts.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3767357]Graham had a sack in week 2 against Detroit.

FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Yep, already one more than Gholston's had in his entire career. Was pushing for the Jets to take him with their second-rounder. I support the pick of Ducasse at the time but am sort of questioning it now following his awful preseason.

I hope he can be groomed as Woody's successor at right tackle, if the guard thing doesn't work out.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;3767699]Yep, already one more than Gholston's had in his entire career. Was pushing [B]for the Jets to take him with their second-rounder[/B]. I support the pick of Ducasse at the time but am sort of questioning it now following his awful preseason.

I hope he can be groomed as Woody's successor at right tackle, if the guard thing doesn't work out.[/QUOTE]

Dude eagles traded up to get him in the FIRST. Jets never had a shot at him

[QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3767354]

JOHN CONNOR - ... KNOCKS PEOPLE ON HIS ASS, ITS ALL HE HAS TO DO[/QUOTE]

And he even had a reception this week. :D

Year of the jets.

I know we all have gotten excited in previous years. But for some reasons i feel different bout this year. I was really down and worried before the bills game. Kept thinking here we go bought into the trap game.. **** that we can do it this year.Kept thinking we beat the pats and fins then lose to the ****ty bills. I have had a change of heart..Im so excited bout this year.. I know the season is early but for once no more same ol JETS.. GO ****IN JETS!!! POSITIVE BOYS... :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Based on performance thus far and indications of future success (yes, after only 4 weeks in the NFL), here are my completely biased and premature draft grades :D :

[B]Wilson: B[/B] (He's in there every game so Rex clearly sees promise and believes Kyle isn't a complete liability out there. He needs reps and has some of what I call rookie-itis. Likely just needs to learn the tricks of the trade that come with time and seasoning. Probably turns into a very good #2 CB. Upside could be as an average #1 CB in the NFL)

[B]Conner: B+[/B] (Our biggest and best surprise. He could easily become a very good FB and special teams player for a decade. Will become one of those Jet fan cult favorites.....kinda like Clowney except with many more fans and he can actually play football ;))

[B]Ducasse: C-[/B] (Jury is completely out on this one, nowhere near enough information to judge but hasn't shown enough to even be active most games as a backup. We knew he was a project, the Jets knew he was a project.....now we're all hoping it's a project that can actually be completed.)

[B]McKnight: C-[/B] (Hoping it's only nerves and another guy with some rookie-itis. He clearly has some talent and speed but not looking anything like a Pro yet. Hopefully he just needs more reps and some maturity. Might unfortunately become a victim of constant comparisons to the 2 players let go so he could be kept - Danny Woodhead, Chauncey Washington...and the player he was drafted to replace, Leon Washington)
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-06-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    It could be BUST YOU IN THE FAKKIN MOUTH with that kinda talk!

Two things Wilson, Vlad and Conner looked good on Sunday. Its all about development. Also when you have a team thats stacked it allows us to develop our rookies at a better pace.

People said Sanchez was bust even this year, how is that looking now? When Harris was a rookie he did not play until Vilma got hurt, how is that looking now? Shonne Greene did not have his break out performance until the Oak game last year, then had a setback against Miami last year? How is he looking now?

The main point is, these guys are kids, as long as they are showing they can make plays then you have no worries, and three out of the four picks are making plays so far.

All Pro
    Jeez, I can't believe this thread...

Wilson - Has looked good at nickel, but has struggled on the outside. Still adjusting to the speed of the game at the pro level, but definitely has the talent to be a good one with some seasoning.

Ducasse - Making a massive jump in level of competition, and failed to beat out Slauson after position switch to Guard in preseason. However, has great natural gifts in terms of size, strength, intelligence and work ethic. Looked good in limited time at RT last week. A project, but one with a massive upside.

McKnight - Needs to learn how to be a pro. Guys like LT and Tony Richardson will be good for him. Very talented so, if the coaches can reach him, could be a good one. But has to want it.

Conner - Knocks people on their rear-ends on offense and on specials. Has the killer instinct that pro FBs need. If he doesn't destroy himself throwing his all-out blocks, will be the Jets' starting FB for years to come.