Thread: Why is SNY so weak where it comes to our Jets?

Why is SNY so weak where it comes to our Jets?

I was just watching the 1994 NYR-NJD semi final playoff game 7,(perhaps the greatest hockey game ever), and then a commercial flashed for the Giants, and it said that MSG has a 1 1/2 hour Giants pre game on at 9:30am every Sunday and thought, wht is there so little Jets stuff on SNY? Don't you all think there should be more? Some historic programs, some 1970, 80, 90, 00 team videos, something?

They made us wait 2 through hours of Mets dreck for the post game show last Sunday. And what is this crap about not being able to show highlights? Thius is supposed to be the NY Jets network as well as the Mets.

Am I off base here?

All Pro
    The Giants are now partners with Jimmy Dolan:eek:

Who would have thought:rolleyes:

I might be in the minority, but I believe they do a great job covering the Jets. There's Jets Post Game Show, Jets Extra Point, Jets Open Mic and Jets Game Plan. And that's not even the extra stuff on shows like the Wheelhouse.

All League
    One of the benefits of having DirecTV for me is being able to get SNY and see all the Jets coverage. The only thing I would change is maybe trade one of the shows like Extra Point of Gameplan for a pre-game show.

All Pro
    SNY is owned by the Mets (2/3), TimeWarner & Comcast, with some input/marketing investment by the NY Daily News. They operate across from Radio City in CNN's old digs, apparently as a predominantly non-union operation (except Mets games)

In yesterday's blood-letting post mortem, Fred Wilpon said the network had "record gross revenues and earnings" and was in a "wonderful spiral, if you will, up."

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2010/10/04/2010-10-04_jeff_wilpon_admits_being_scarred_by_bernie_madoff_scandal_says_new_york_mets_unh.html#ixzz11X2YLVXg[/url]

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/sports/baseball/29sandomir.html[/url]

Bottom line the mix of Mets, endless reruns of Brooklyn Dodgers profiles, boxing, harness racing , paid programming, poker and .001% Jets is wildly profitable and will only change when Woody decides he is getting a crappy deal- he's re-upped at least once with SNY.

The Mets game was still in progress when the Bills game ended and Mets postgame could always preempt Jets postgame as well-the Jets seem so underserved by local TV as it is, it's infuriating as they rise to the top their daily coverage seems to get worse.

Dunno what other NFL teams do or can do outside of NFLN, but a NYJ-centric TV network doesn't seem feasible and alignment with MSG/CV seems impossible as long as the Dolans are in charge.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-05-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Cablevision SUCKS. no NFL network and no redzone channel. screw the Dolans.

[QUOTE=bigdanNJ;3767622]Cablevision SUCKS. no NFL network and no redzone channel. screw the Dolans.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And i cant get satellite where I live....townhouse rules.

So yeah. They suck. I pay for 7 children TV channels and i dont have any kids.
    All i want is ONE PREMIUM CHANNEL ..........NFL NETWORK. At least we have dish at work and i stay and watch the shows.....its sick how much I love football.

Thank god for JustinTV.....thats how i watched the Steelers-Ravens game.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Miracle In The Meadowlands;3767406]I might be in the minority, but I believe they do a great job covering the Jets. There's Jets Post Game Show, Jets Extra Point, Jets Open Mic and Jets Game Plan. And that's not even the extra stuff on shows like the Wheelhouse.[/QUOTE]

+1.

The OP is smoking something. SNY does an outstanding job. As a Yankee fan very used to the excellent YES coverage of the Bombers I can say with all honesty that SNY is just as good.

SAR I

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;3767381]I was just watching the 1994 NYR-NJD semi final playoff game 7,[b](perhaps the greatest hockey game ever)[/b][/QUOTE]

NJD/DAL Stanley Cup finals in 2000 GAME 6 (Elias to Arnott with Gary Thorne making the call on TV)

That was also the year the Devils came back from a 3-1 deficit against Philly to win.....

oh sorry...are you a Ranger fan? :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3767720]+1.

The OP is smoking something. SNY does an outstanding job. As a Yankee fan very used to the excellent YES coverage of the Bombers I can say with all honesty that SNY is just as good.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

The complaint is not the quality of Jets programming, it's the paucity.

The NFL is probably hoarding films for exclusive use on NFLN, but that doesn't explain why there's so relatively little Jets-centric programming in the daily SNY lineup, especially during football season-Open Mic is often little more than just the post-game press conference.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vin;3767738]NJD/DAL Stanley Cup finals in 2000 GAME 6 (Elias to Arnott with Gary Thorne making the call on TV)

That was also the year the Devils came back from a 3-1 deficit against Philly to win.....

oh sorry...are you a Ranger fan? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Are those the greatest games ever?

Besides the Jets Flight Plan, pregame is pretty poor on Sunday morning so you're best bet is to listen to 1050 and their radio pre-game show. I enjoy Lagreca and Buttle and they are as good as any other crap you see out there, CBS or FOX. But after the game you will have SNY with no interruptions as the baseball season is over.