Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Belicheat looking towards B. Edwards next season?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's what Ive been saying!! Braylon Edwards is a Patriot next season no doubt in my mind. :mad: Its almost worth more to resign him for the added benefit of keeping him away from New England.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    if im belicheck im focusing on aj green, julio jones or vj before i look to braylon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;3767617]Oh that's what Ive been saying!! Braylon Edwards is a Patriot next season no doubt in my mind. :mad: Its almost worth more to resign him for the added benefit of keeping him away from New England.[/QUOTE]

And that's the crux of the matter. I do NOT want him anywhere near New England unless it's as an opponent on the JETS.

But also, I do not want Holmes to be there either.

Signing those two HAVE TO BE a priority to at least prevent New England from Reloading as opposed to Rebuilding(which they are in a way doing now).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are unbelievably funny. SOJF mentality of trying to conjure up the worst possible scenario you can possibly manage built up in your heads. At least what you think is the worst possible scenario.

1. Julio Jones is not an unbelievable receiver anyway.
    2. THem losing Randy Moss is a huge hit... ANy receiver they pick in the first round is simply NOT going to be as good as Moss.

THey would more likely pick for players on the defense.

And the Pats have sucked with Belichick at drafting so I'm not worried about much. The only thing he's remotely good at is stacking picks, which mostly turn out to be garbage anyway. He hit huge on Brady, and that has carried him.

And Braylon could go to them. Either way, he's not as good as Moss. And no, we just can't go re-signing everyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3767631]
    And Braylon could go to them.[/quote]

That's what I'm afraid of. I do NOT want Brady getting another Go-To receiver. His moment in the Sun is OVER. Let's not give him a Sequel, okay? :mad:

[quote]Either way, he's not as good as Moss. [/quote]

Based on what? He's not as good right now but he's got the potential though to be right up there, though....I'm a little biased but whatever...

[quote] And no, we just can't go re-signing everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yes we can 'cause we've got Tannenbaum. He'll do what needs to be done when the time comes. And he'll do everything in his power(along with Woody) to keep Both Braylon and Holmes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't Edwards an RFA after this season? That would require picks. No way Kraft trades us picks for a player... no way

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect313;3767525]is edwards a RFA?[/QUOTE]

Believe that he will be unrestricted free agent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rambler;3767719]Believe that he will be unrestricted free agent.[/QUOTE]

Well there goes that idea, Freshbaked. Now can we worry? :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3767732]Well there goes that idea, Freshbaked. Now can we worry? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I also don't see Tanny giving up Braylon. As much as we all drool over Holmes the fact of the matter is we have not seen him play for the Jets. We haven't seen any chemistry with Sanchez like Edwards. Given Rex's track record I wouldn't be surprised if we let Cro walk before we let both WR's walk (depending on Holmes' production). We drafted wilson and have 1st round rookie money invested in him. It will be up to Cro if he wants to leave or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3767740]I also don't see Tanny giving up Braylon. As much as we all drool over Holmes the fact of the matter is we have not seen him play for the Jets. We haven't seen any chemistry with Sanchez like Edwards. Given Rex's track record I wouldn't be surprised if we let Cro walk before we let both WR's walk (depending on Holmes' production). We drafted wilson and have 1st round rookie money invested in him. It will be up to Cro if he wants to leave or not.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Cro will leave. He is like Sprewell : He has to feed his family. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;3767753]I don't think Cro will leave. He is like Sprewell : He has to feed his family. :D[/QUOTE]

More incentive for him to take a pay cut

Woody
    Jenkins
    Ellis
    Taylor

There's a lot of good money in their to work with after the players above are gone

Also count in the possibility of a rookie salary cap and we could be in business

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards will [B]BOTH[/B] be Jets next year.

Mark that sh8

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the patsies may be going after a big time receiver next season and that receiver may be edwards. but the bellichicken has got to have some serious questions about his qb. brady is simply not as good throwing as he used to be. he has a bad arm and age is only going to make this worse. so even if bellichicken signs edwards, so what? who's going to throw him the ball.

look at what a mess this whole moss thing can be. for the patsies to offer him up means they have little intention of keeping him past this season. moss has a history of being a problem if he;s not interested in playing. if moss stays with the team it could be very interesting up in foxboro.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is great news to me.

1) Favre and Moss will not be on the same page this week and Favre will force some balls to him which means INT's. (Hopefully not PI)
    2) There is no way NE can win the division with their current WR core. Welker is not even at 100% and teams will just take him out now.
    3) By the time NE draft picks potentially become effective NFL players in a couple years Brady will be in serious decline and it wont matter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3767631]You guys are unbelievably funny. SOJF mentality of trying to conjure up the worst possible scenario you can possibly manage built up in your heads. At least what you think is the worst possible scenario.

1. Julio Jones is not an unbelievable receiver anyway.
    2. THem losing Randy Moss is a huge hit... ANy receiver they pick in the first round is simply NOT going to be as good as Moss.

THey would more likely pick for players on the defense.

And the Pats have sucked with Belichick at drafting so I'm not worried about much. The only thing he's remotely good at is stacking picks, which mostly turn out to be garbage anyway. He hit huge on Brady, and that has carried him.

And Braylon could go to them. Either way, he's not as good as Moss. And no, we just can't go re-signing everyone.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% What is wrong with us!!!!!! Good Grief!!!!:eek: