Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson

Adrian Peterson

I am not hearing his name mentioned at all both from fans or even the media hype. He's the best talented back in the league along with chris johnson ... Nobody is talking about him right now with all the slouch, revis, favre and all the etc drama. He's arguably the best player on that field on Monday. Monday Night on primetime I think he's going to be pumped up for this game. We take our awesome run D for granted thinking no matter who we're playing we won't get ran on but I wouldn't be shocked if this game turned into the Adrian show. I hope the game plan is built to stop Peterson more than anything and make favre beat us all game.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3771840]I am not hearing his name mentioned at all both from fans or even the media hype. He's the best talented back in the league along with chris johnson ... Nobody is talking about him right now with all the slouch, revis, favre and all the etc drama. He's arguably the best player on that field on Monday. Monday Night on primetime I think he's going to be pumped up for this game. We take our awesome run D for granted thinking no matter who we're playing we won't get ran on but I wouldn't be shocked if this game turned into the Adrian show. I hope the game plan is built to stop Peterson more than anything and make favre beat us all game.[/QUOTE]

its not turning into the AP show with that passing attack. the Jets will stack the box and bring the safeties early and often.

I'm concerned about our potential offensive gameplan from time to time, but I NEVER worry about the approach that we'll take defensively. Rex and Pettine are too good. If we lose the game because we gave up too many points, it will be because of poor execution, not the gameplan.

While I can delude myself into thinking that I could do as good a job as Schotty, I never even entertain the thought that I know a fraction of what Rex does about defense, so I'm not worthy to question him.

[I]In Rex We Trust[/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JB1089;3771847]I'm concerned about our potential offensive gameplan from time to time, but I NEVER worry about the approach that we'll take defensively. Rex and Pettine are too good. If we lose the game because we gave up too many points, it will be because of poor execution, not the gameplan.

While I can delude myself into thinking that I could do as good a job as Schotty,[B] I never even entertain the thought that I know a fraction of what Rex does about defense, so I'm not worthy to question him.[/B]

[I]In Rex We Trust[/I][/QUOTE]

Wow that's refreshing to hear with all the Defensive genius's we have on the Board.. So your just a Offensive genius then?..:P

i'm sure a hamster can call a game as good as sch$tty.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3771888]Wow that's refreshing to hear with all the Defensive genius's we have on the Board.. So your just a Offensive genius then?..:P[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3771904]i'm sure a hamster can call a game as good as sch$tty.[/QUOTE]

Harry the Hamster says; Run Baby Run...

[IMG]http://kecute.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/hamster-wheel-race.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He was talked about in a "concerns" thread, and others. D must shut him down. Why talk, "it is what it is".

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzf7Bgdcdcg[/url]
    Last edited by Apache 51; 10-09-2010 at 10:40 AM.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3771904]i'm sure a hamster can call a game as good as sch$tty.[/QUOTE]

hahaha... Most people on this board probably could, look at the talent on this team

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3771914]Harry the Hamster says; Run Baby Run...

[IMG]http://kecute.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/hamster-wheel-race.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:D

All Pro
    I have also seen Peterson fumble the game away under the lights. He is a great player, no question, but our run defense is legit and we don't have to fear anybody, be it AD, Barry Sanders or Walter Payton...

[QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3771941]hahaha... Most people on this board probably could, look at the talent on this team[/QUOTE]

you guys are nuts ... schotty is a very good OC ...

All Pro
    I think it's pretty much a given the key to this game defensivley is stopping Peterson.

Moss is scary, but Favre has looked awful, they can't protect, and Moss hasn't been with the team long.

Peterson is still one of the best RBs in the league. Stopping him is the first objective.

He will be our D's biggest test for the season so far. The man has it all, but he has had some issues in the past with fumbles. Lets see if we can get him to give up a few this week.

All League
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;3771840]I am not hearing his name mentioned at all both from fans or even the media hype. He's the best talented back in the league along with chris johnson ... Nobody is talking about him right now with all the slouch, revis, favre and all the etc drama. He's arguably the best player on that field on Monday. Monday Night on primetime [B]I think he's going to be pumped up for this game[/B]. We take our awesome run D for granted thinking no matter who we're playing we won't get ran on but I wouldn't be shocked if this game turned into the Adrian show. I hope the game plan is built to stop Peterson more than anything and make favre beat us all game.[/QUOTE]
    i'm guessing rex might have reminded our boys once or five hundred times this week AP is coming to town in prime time..

i got the D being geeked up & ready to make a league wide statement with a balls to the wall type effort!!

[SIZE="1"]but yeah, the kid is a freakin' beast..[/SIZE]
    Last edited by jetgreen13; 10-09-2010 at 06:39 PM.

[QUOTE=Austin;3772193]I think it's pretty much a given the key to this game defensivley is stopping Peterson.

Moss is scary, but Favre has looked awful, they can't protect, and Moss hasn't been with the team long.

Peterson is still one of the best RBs in the league. Stopping him is the first objective.[/QUOTE]

agreed. i'd be willing to bet that Rex has made stopping AD priority #1 on defense.

Moss is a big boost to their passing game, but our D knows how to stop him and we're getting Revis and Pace back.

our run defense has been very good, if we can contain Peterson it'll make it that much easier to go after Favre.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3771937]He was talked about in a "concerns" thread, and others. D must shut him down. Why talk, "it is what it is".

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzf7Bgdcdcg[/url][/QUOTE]

Sometimes utube video and music is a joke, not this time, that is a bad boy right there!!!! A BAD BOY!!! Oh MY!!!!!:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=JB1089;3771847]I'm concerned about our potential offensive gameplan from time to time, but I NEVER worry about the approach that we'll take defensively. Rex and Pettine are too good. If we lose the game because we gave up too many points, it will be because of poor execution, not the gameplan.

While I can delude myself into thinking that I could do as good a job as Schotty, I never even entertain the thought that I know a fraction of what Rex does about defense, so I'm not worthy to question him.

[I]In Rex We Trust[/I][/QUOTE]

+1 I totally agree with you. With the talent we have I think I could successfully run our offense no problem. Hell, half of the people on this board that live and die football could probably call the offense just as good as sch*tty.

I would trust the worst NFL offensive coordinator to come into NY with this team and run an offense just as well as Marty's son.

Rex on the other hand is a defensive GENIUS.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=srobjets;3772196]He will be our D's biggest test for the season so far. The man has it all, but he has had some issues in the past with fumbles. Lets see if we can get him to give up a few this week.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the 88 yards.

He had 2 runs of any significance all night. Our guys did an awesome job.

[QUOTE=fullblast;3776434]He had 2 runs of any significance all night. Our guys did an awesome job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the D was great tonight. Really liking the big grunts upfront Pouha and
    De Vito as usual were doing a lot of the dirty work that paid dividends for the team