Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: I don't play Revis on a wet field

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,780

    I don't play Revis on a wet field

    Cro on Moss, Coleman in for Revis, and we still beat them

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    God, fans are such babies sometimes.

    If he's healthy, and the doctors and apparently Revis says he is, then he plays. Period.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,850
    If he's ready to play, he should play. Enough babying him already. He's healthy.

  4. #4
    are you kidding me?????????????

    When does Revis ever play?? Does he play if the dew point is at a certain level? Does he play depending on the type of cloud cover? Is there a certain MPH limit for the wind?

    I mean come on

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,684
    Pouring here

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Yes, heaven forbid someone worry about our busted-hammy DB who held out, got hurt immediately, and has all but missed the entire 1st quarter of the 2010 season.

    Conditions look like utter slop tonight. The worry about Revis, "declared healthy" or not, is legitimate.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,180
    Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
    Look for Jets CB Antonio Cromartie, not Darrelle Revis, to cover Vikings WR Randy Moss, and for Revis to cover WR Percy Harvin.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,394
    Use longer cleats

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Cro on Moss, Coleman in for Revis, and we still beat them

    Of course everyone on this thread wants to act like he's a tough guy, but I agree with you. Considering how easy it is for hamstring injuries to recur, it would be the smart move to keep Revis off a WET FIELD.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,511
    It's not like a wet field in the old days.

    There is nothing to stay wet.

    There is an artificial layer of grass, a layer of rubber pelletts, and then grates which drain the water from the field almost as fast as it falls. Drains instantly.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    You're right, Moss is much faster on wet turf

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,149
    Chance of flurries in Denver next weekend. Send him home, let him sleep

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Of course everyone on this thread wants to act like he's a tough guy, but I agree with you. Considering how easy it is for hamstring injuries to recur, it would be the smart move to keep Revis off a WET FIELD.
    act like a tough guy?

    not sure how...if the doctors have cleared him to play then play him..

    he held out for this contract and if he is cleared to play then he needs to play end of convo

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    Chance of flurries in Denver next weekend. Send him home, let him sleep
    and PLEASE someone make him some cocoa

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    It's not like a wet field in the old days.

    There is nothing to stay wet.

    There is an artificial layer of grass, a layer of rubber pelletts, and then grates which drain the water from the field almost as fast as it falls. Drains instantly.
    Yep...the drainage systems on these fields today are amazing. Virginia Tech Hokies stadium can drain 6 inches of rain an hour! The field is virtually dry during rainstorms. For 1.6 billion clams, you better believe that the field will be in great condition

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
    Look for Jets CB Antonio Cromartie, not Darrelle Revis, to cover Vikings WR Randy Moss, and for Revis to cover WR Percy Harvin.
    the way it should be

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
    Look for Jets CB Antonio Cromartie, not Darrelle Revis, to cover Vikings WR Randy Moss, and for Revis to cover WR Percy Harvin.
    I like Cro on Randy because of the height difference

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,850
    Kolber on ESPN just said it doesn't feel like it rained on the turf at all. Stop worrying.

  19. #19
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    243
    MAN UP YA DAMN PANZIES!!!!! LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Kolber on ESPN just said it doesn't feel like it rained on the turf at all. Stop worrying.
    And, given her experience, Suzy would be able to recognize even the faintest amount of moisture.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us