Thread: Nick Folk

Veteran

Nick Folk

I've worried about this guy all year but so far he's missed like a 63 yarder and one chip shot in Buffalo but other than that has been perfect. I'm quite surprised, I thought he was going to be a disaster.

[QUOTE=VinnieTheLush;3774894]I've worried about this guy all year but so far he's missed like a 63 yarder and one chip shot in Buffalo but other than that has been perfect. I'm quite surprised, I thought he was going to be a disaster.[/QUOTE]

no jinx please

Undrafted Free Agent
    5 for 5 tonight with a long of 53 awesome tonight!

[QUOTE=VinnieTheLush;3774894]I've worried about this guy all year but so far he's missed like a 63 yarder and one chip shot in Buffalo but other than that has been perfect. I'm quite surprised, I thought he was going to be a disaster.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter.

When he shanks a FG in the playoffs, all the clueless asstards will forget how the kicker kept us alive throughout the season. Go figure.

And wasn't that 63 yarder AFTER a made FG that was penalized? Good stuff so far

[QUOTE=innerjet;3776105]Doesn't matter.

When he shanks a FG in the playoffs, all the clueless asstards will forget how the kicker kept us alive throughout the season. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Folk has done a great job though. Hope he keeps it going.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3776179]Exactly...

Folk has done a great job though. Hope he keeps it going.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes fairly though. Remember the Bengals kicker last season against us?

Folk did an outstanding job!

All League
    Folk helped us win this game. If we missed any of those early FG's it would of changed the momentum of the game/crowd in the Viking's favor. Folk was clutch today.

That being said... His kickoffs weren't the best today. I wish we had a kicker that could get us a touchback or two per game. I was scared Harvin was going to run one back there towards the end of the game.

[QUOTE=KingofNY;3776406]Folk helped us win this game. If we missed any of those early FG's it would of changed the momentum of the game/crowd in the Viking's favor. Folk was clutch today.

That being said... His kickoffs weren't the best today. I wish we had a kicker that could get us a touchback or two per game. I was scared Harvin was going to run one back there towards the end of the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he reall was clutch today. Great pickup by the Jets!!

He's been money on the FGs.

I thought he had a better kickoff leg though - really barely ever reaches the endzone.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

best surprises of the year

1. LT

2. Sanchez

3. Folk

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    The entire special teams unit but particularly both kickers were absolutely lights out great yesterday and in awfully tough conditions too. Great job Folk and Weatherford and let's not forget that Weatherford was the holder for all 5 FGs and a couple of PATs.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;3776433]Yeah he reall was clutch today. [B]Great pickup by the Jets!![/B][/QUOTE]

i guess as fans we just need to start trusting the front office more...lt was finished, folk was done...we would probably be 1-4 without those two!!

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;3776551]i guess as fans we just need to start trusting the front office more...lt was finished, folk was done...we would probably be 1-4 without those two!![/QUOTE]

I agree but I think Rex was second guessing after the first couple of practices also. It seems the adjustment that Westhoff had him make was huge. :yes: