Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Brian now (merged)

Jets Insider VIP

Fire Brian now (merged)

There's no defending the call to THROW on 2nd and 11 and GIVE the Vikings a free timeout/the game.

Fire Brian now

I would of fired brian schott right on the field on the spot, the vikings have no timeouts left and were still throwing the ball, i swear to god if they blow this game

Worst call I can remember in a long time

Rookie
    you wont do shyt and you'll be right back here next week. DUMP!!

Wrong. That was absolutely the right play call. It was the execution that was poor. Sanchez snapped the ball with about 12 seconds left on the play clock (there was a 2 second differential between play clock and game clock). If he runs the clock all the way down, then at worst you have an incomplete pass that stops the clock at the two minute warning (plays take longer than 2 seconds). In that situation, you have to call pass, since it gives you your best shot at converting a game winning first down, and there is - well, there should be - no downside (since the clock is stopping anyway).

Bad job by Sanchez there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not a smart call at all, agreed.

All League
    Relax. I will say the red zone offense HAS to get better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bad call, but lets relax.

Schotty has been damn good this year.

This was kinda iffy game for him though.

Dont know why we continued to throw in the crappy conditions.

Banned
    Marty's son is a worthless piece of sh*t. This stupid f*ck will derail our season.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    There's no defending the call to THROW on 2nd and 11 and GIVE the Vikings a free timeout/the game.
    Throwing would have been fine, if Sanchez would have snapped the ball at :01 sec left on the clock, not with :07 sec left...cause the clock was stopping anyway.

Snapping it too early made the pass stupid...not the pass itself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Wrong. That was absolutely the right play call. It was the execution that was poor. Sanchez snapped the ball with about 12 seconds left on the play clock (there was a 2 second differential between play clock and game clock). If he runs the clock all the way down, then at worst you have an incomplete pass that stops the clock at the two minute warning (plays take longer than 2 seconds). In that situation, you have to call pass, since it gives you your best shot at converting a game winning first down, and there is - well, there should be - no downside (since the clock is stopping anyway).

When you have a second year QB the coordinator needs to say that when he calls in the play.

no you run the ball get to the two minute warning, than run the ball again they have no time outs we have the best running attack, worst case you dont pick up the first down you punt on 4th with the clock running down to close to a min and they have no time outs! instead we some how waste 10 seconds and punt at the 2 min warning, dumbest play calling ever, retarded!we got lucky thank god

Bad Call, Bad Execution. First run should have taken more time. Pass was a mistake (I agree, you run there).

Thankfully, the D finally stepped back up, and made the play that was needed.

Great teams win ugly games when they're far from perfect.

Same Old Jets lose.

We won. Enjoy winning ugly.

It's better than losing ugly, or heartbreakingly.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post

+1000

But Schotty should have been yelling in his ear piece NOT to snap the ball before the end of the play clock.

Hire Jimmy Raye!

All Pro
    I think it was a combination of Schotty and Sanchez for the reason the offense lagged.But good teams still win football games and that is what we did.

All League
    You mean, Dick Curl...the clock management guy?

LOL

Could someone please tell me why that's a bad playcall if Sanchez snaps it at the right time? It's only a bad call if you think there's a chance Sanchez snaps it too early.

I can tell you that as soon as I saw the difference between the play clock and game clock when Tomlinson got tackled on first down I went "OK, at least we get a free pass attempt"

The run before didnt eat enough time. The pass call wasnt bad but was poor execution, it needed to be run so that clock ran down to 2:00 before play was over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Careful guys, you're starting to sound like those loons over at FinHeaven.....inexcusable but lets relax shall we?