Thread: Mark Sanchez: 5 games without a pick

Mark Sanchez: 5 games without a pick

:yes:

Should have definitely had one INT tonight, but whatever. Turnovers the difference in the end tonight, and our 2nd year QB didn't flinch against arguably one of the best defense in the league.

Sure, he wasn't great, but he did what he had to, and made some crucial plays. The 3-11 to Santonio in the 4th was as emblematic of his development as anything.

Long may it continue. PS. Obvious props to the O-Line as well..:cool:

He has at least 3 "shoulda's", but it all evens out. He had a lot of drops as well.

Every game every QB throws a ball that could have been picked off.

Haters gonna hate. Its a legit stat, and it counted tonight.

Definitely should have thrown a pick tonight, but Favre got away with about 2 or 3 himself. It happens to every QB. Sanchez wasn't great tonight but not turning the ball over still shows growth on his part.
    Last edited by fullblast; 10-12-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3775950]He has at least 3 "shoulda's", but it all evens out. [B]He had a lot of drops as well[/B].[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the night!:cool:

bottom line for a qb is wins .. Mark is developing very nicely before our eyes. We would not have won this game last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=JetFuel;3775993]bottom line for a qb is wins .. Mark is developing very nicely before our eyes. We would not have won this game last year.[/QUOTE]

Well said

[QUOTE=JetFuel;3775993]bottom line for a qb is wins .. Mark is developing very nicely before our eyes. We would not have won this game last year.[/QUOTE]

True. That said if Minn were more competent first half we probably still don't win tonight :)

Just like catches, INT's only count if they catch um'.

Enjoy that they failed to do so.:yes:

People will b*tch about the almost-picks and that clock management snafu, but without all those drops he probably would have also had at least one TD. And that big 1st down to Santonio shouldn't be forgotten in the shuffle.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3776017]Just like catches, INT's only count if they catch um'.

Enjoy that they failed to do so.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed yes. Even so, unless I've got my blinkers on competely, Sanchez really only has 2 'must intercepts (if you will)', the one against Phins and tonight. And since turnovers are usually the difference between top teams, a lot of props goes to Sanchez. Again, not to take away from the o-line and their effort this season so far.

Had only a few of the catches that were dropped not been, the almost-INT's would probably not have happened.

Its all relative..

All Pro
    [QUOTE=3_Libras;3776037]Agreed yes. Even so, unless I've got my blinkers on competely, Sanchez really only has 2 'must intercepts (if you will)', the one against Phins and tonight. And since turnovers are usually the difference between top teams, a lot of props goes to Sanchez. Again, not to take away from the o-line and their effort this season so far.[/QUOTE]

McKelvin should have had one in the Bills game ... only a GREAT play by Braylon stopped him coming down with the ball. But hey, I'd rather he took chances downfield than went into a check-down shell. Sooner or later, someone will pick him off, but no big deal - how we respond will be the key then, and the way we're playing at the moment I expect us to overcome it. I just hope Mark doesn't get too rattled when it does happen.

Love the way our qb is playing, so this is not a complaint, but merely an observation: It is strange, that his completionpercentage is among the worst in the league, while his td/int-ratio is the second best. Those things usually go together.

[QUOTE=foxtrot;3776619]Love the way our qb is playing, so this is not a complaint, but merely an observation: It is strange, that his completionpercentage is among the worst in the league, while his td/int-ratio is the second best. Those things usually go together.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, but not always. McNabb is routinely low in the Completion % area, but he has one of the lowest interception rates in the league. Actually, I would say that Sanchez compares to a young McNabb pretty well, very mobile, can make some plays with the ball, doesn't have quite the arm McNabb does, but can make all the NFL throws, and has a tendency to throw the occasional ball into the ground or sky one out of bounds.

Veteran
    It's pretty awesome. There should have been picks but you can't really complain since there should have been catches. I may be pretty greedy but I want Sanchez to break the franchise TD record this year.

I think they said on ESPN last night that the Jets tied an NFL record with 4 consecutive games without a turnover.