Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO RESPECT!

NO RESPECT!

Can are these homer freaking announcers be serious? NO Love for the Jets? The Jets hang on? Seriously? No respect for the Jets 'D'? You know what ESPN, screw you! ALL you assinine mancrust Favre lovers, 'F' the hell off! The Jets 'D' got this game done, and the Jets WON !!!!!!!!!!! Show the proper respect!! :steamin:

We WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :steamin:

Already said it in another thread but...

This game was always going to be about Favre. If Favre threw 5 picks, and didn't get any of those records, it still would have been about Favre losing the game for them.

This is one week I'll handle the media being pro the-other-team. As I said in the other thread, Kyle Orton hands Jets a win would be much worse.

All League
    Charter JI Member

We won. We're 4-1. We're in first place. Why do you care what people say about us. Proof is in the record.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't give a sh-t about respect, moral victories, etc. and neither does Rex.

All I care about is victories. Let the media discount or diss the team. Beating everyone and saying FU and the same time is most enjoyable.

Wins > Respect

:yes:

yeah it's annoying, also, sanchez in particular all of a sudden in the minds of these people regressed, he may not have gotten the tds but he made the plays to keep us in the game

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;3776226]I don't give a sh-t about respect, moral victories, etc. and neither does Rex.

All I care about is victories. Let the media discount or diss the team. Beating everyone and saying FU and the same time is most enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

+1000

[QUOTE=SMC;3776226]I don't give a sh-t about respect, moral victories, etc. and neither does Rex.

All I care about is victories. Let the media discount or diss the team. Beating everyone and saying FU and the same time is most enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Lead the league in ****ing wins! :yes:

Jets vs. the world son!!!

[QUOTE=Warfish;3776231]Wins > Respect

:yes:[/QUOTE]

Well put. Would you rather be a Viking fan watching Favre get all this "respect" while having 1 win, or a Jets fan with the Rodney Dangerfield thing but at 4-1?

Personally, and for one of the few times in my life that I have been able to say it, I would rather be a Jets fan.

Veteran
    and the #1 play of the week on the countdown was favre's td pass to moss...are you kidding me? the vikings could end up 1-15 and they will still slob his knob all day and night.

[QUOTE=CaliJetsFan;3776369]and the #1 play of the week on the countdown was favre's td pass to moss...are you kidding me? the vikings could end up 1-15 and they will still slob his knob all day and night.[/QUOTE]

I certainly thought this stat was newsworthy......

NEW YORK JETS - 150+ RUSHING YARDS.....
    FIRST TIME VIKINGS DEFENSE HAS GIVEN UP THAT MANY RUSHING YARDS IN FIFTY-ONE GAMES.

Now thats a stat that should get mentioned.

Exactly.

1) We did "hold on"

2) It never ceases to amaze me how the way some random guy on TV talks about your team is somehow taken as a personal attack against certain individual fans.

3) These announcers are very good, and very fair.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3776192]Can are these homer freaking announcers be serious? NO Love for the Jets? The Jets hang on? Seriously? No respect for the Jets 'D'? You know what ESPN, screw you! ALL you assinine mancrust Favre lovers, 'F' the hell off! The Jets 'D' got this game done, and the Jets WON !!!!!!!!!!! Show the proper respect!! :steamin:[/QUOTE]
    I could care less who does or doesn't respect the Jets. This isn't college football. Garnering respect or not, being perceived as a good/great team or not, none of that matters, it won't help the Jets make the playoffs or keep them out of it, give them a division title and homefield advantage, or force them into a wild card spot. Just win.

Hell yeah! Who cares about the critics. When you're at the top everyone gripes cause all they see is your balls

All Pro
    I honestly thought we'd lost the game, when I looked up the score on nfl.com today. (UK fan, so game happened during the early hours of the morning here).

Here's what i saw on the home page :

Main article :
    Big Apple turnover (picture of Favre)

Side articles :
    Watch : Favre to Moss TD
    Favre's 500th career TD pass ...
    Favre talks football, not allegations ...
    Report : Revis' hamstring "sore and swollen"

It was only after I checked the actual box score that I saw we'd won, and did a double take to check that i hadn't mis-read the score.

Enough about Favre - he lost, damnit! :mad:

Yeah, no respect. :rolleyes:

every analyst on MNF but the ex-Viking and Randy Moss teammate Chris Carter picked the Jets in the pre-game. And they were right. Gruden was talking up Sanchez all game.

They were fair. We did hang on. If that game goes another qtr, we probably lose. But it didn't and we didn't.

Good call by the MNF crew.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3776192]Can are these homer freaking announcers be serious? NO Love for the Jets? The Jets hang on? Seriously? No respect for the Jets 'D'? You know what ESPN, screw you! ALL you assinine mancrust Favre lovers, 'F' the hell off! The Jets 'D' got this game done, and the Jets WON !!!!!!!!!!! Show the proper respect!! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

But they did just hang on were you watching the game? They allowed the Vikes to come back within 2 pts so yes they hung on to a lead they had all game.