View Poll Results: Is Mark Sanchez the one guy we can't afford to lose? Is he our most valuable player?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 88.00%
  • No

3 12.00%

Thread: Is Mark Sanchez the most valuable player on the team?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Is Mark Sanchez the most valuable player on the team?

Many had argued that the Jets couldn't thrive, or even survive, without Darrelle Revis. Now, after winning 3 games without him and beating the Vikings with a subpar Revis performance, is Darrelle really the most valuable guy on the team?

I'd submit that the one single player we can't afford to lose is Sanchez. I think he's playing so well right now, making such great decisions, some clutch throws and hasn't made any mistakes, that I'm not sure the offense functions anywhere near as well with Brunnell or Clemens in there.

All League
    He always was. Always will be. That is the value of a Franchise Q.

All League
    Absolutely no doubt. The kid is the key to our run to the Super Bowl this year. We can't do it without him. We wouldn't be even close to playing at this kind of level right now if it weren't for Sanchez.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3776247]Many had argued that the Jets couldn't thrive, or even survive, without Darrelle Revis. Now, after winning 3 games without him and beating the Vikings with a subpar Revis performance, is Darrelle really the most valuable guy on the team?

I'd submit that the one single player we can't afford to lose is Sanchez. I think he's playing so well right now, making such great decisions, some clutch throws and hasn't made any mistakes, that I'm not sure the offense functions anywhere near as well with Brunnell or Clemens in there.[/QUOTE]

It's always difficult to lose your starting QB. Thus stated, I think this team would find a way to win without him... but it would be ugly football.

I agree MVP

Sanchez is the most important especially considering the position.

He's not the best player on the team, but he's definitely the most important. Even tonight his decisions were excellent. Only errors game from physical mistakes on the throws. Some nights a pitcher is just off, and he was off tonight as a QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes. When he plays wll the game doesn't seem close. He didn't play well tonight and it was close.

Well said jetsfan1983. Not the best player, but most important.

That's why QB are the best paid position afterall.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=3_Libras;3776278]Well said jetsfan1983. Not the best player, but most important.

That's why QB are the best paid position afterall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'd argue Chris Johnson is more important than Vince Young in Tennessee.

He's definitely the most important player on the team right now, as he should be. His overall smart play in the QB position has been a source of stability for the rest of the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    The Team MVP thus far is the entire team...they are playing complete TEAM football.

No. It's Revis.

I was told all offseason we couldn't win without his elite level of play. :yes:

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3776333]No. It's Revis.

I was told all offseason we couldn't win without his elite level of play. :yes:[/QUOTE]

;)
    Yes. Our MVP so far.The receivers had a couple drops tonight also, he could have had a better game.
    JETS WIN BABY