Thread: Post Game Observations ...

All League

Post Game Observations ...

I've noticed a ton of negative posts after the MIN win last night. Granted
    there are some things that need to be improved but the amount of "venom"
    in these posts is strange. I wonder if Hard Knocks and the amount of media
    coverage the Jets have received has attracted a bunch of "bandwagon
    hoppers" who don't know the team's history? Because a true Jet fan knows
    we would have lost a game like last night's in previous years. The fact that
    the team was resourceful enough to make a play and seal the win is HUGE,
    remember MIN is not BUF we were not going to blow them out!!!

- Props to Purdum, Folk & Weatherford because the way they handled the ball
    on all the punts & FG's in that weather was excellent

- The O-line was fantastic 150+ yards against MIN's D-line is a big accomplishment

- Brick absolutely destroyed Allen

- Favre is the absolute tease!!! He was worthless in the first half, got hot
    then as he always does breaks your heart with an INT!!! That's our present
    for his crappy 2008

- Sanchez was not as sharp and his handling of the pass at the 2 minute
    warning was inexcusable. But last year he would not have won this game
    Last edited by KRL; 10-12-2010 at 06:26 AM.

[QUOTE=KRL;3776493]I've noticed a ton of negative posts after the MIN win last night. Granted
    there are some things that need to be improved but the amount of "venom"
    in these posts is strange. I wonder if Hard Knocks and the amount of media
    coverage the Jets have received has attracted a bunch of "bandwagon
    hoppers" who don't know the team's history? Because a true Jet fan knows
    we would have lost a game like last night's in previous years. The fact that
    the team was resourceful enough to make a play and seal the win is HUGE,
    remember MIN is not BUF we were not going to blow them out!!!

- Props to Purdum, Folk & Weatherford because the way they handled the ball

- The O-line was fantastic 150+ yards against MIN's D-line is a big accomplishment

- Brick absolutely destroyed Allen

- Favre is the absolute tease!!! He was worthless in the first half, got hot
    then as he always does breaks your heart with an INT!!! That's our present
    for his crappy 2008

- Sanchez was not as sharp and his handling of the pass at the 2 minute
    warning was inexcusable. But last year he would not have won this game[/QUOTE]

I'm also surprised to see the INTENSITY of the negative posts, but at the same time I'm really sick of hearing how "the SOJ would have lost this game . . ."

So that's my barometer? I should be happy because we appear to be better than a team that would've CHOKED down the stretch? Sorry, but I'm WAY too amped for this season to settle for that.

Maybe it is HK and all the preseason hype, but I want to truly be that "elite" team. How often do the Colts or Pats (pre-2010) have to talk about "winning ugly"? How often did the dominating teams of the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. have to "eek" a win out?

Maybe I'm not giving the Vikes enough credit. If our receivers could have held on to the ball, if Revis was in game shape, if we brought our "A" game, I just don't see how this one would have even been close.

Again, not screaming that the sky is falling. It was a quality win over a quality opponent.

But I believe this team can TRULY be "special", and want to hold them to that standard.

Others are just happy Rich Kotite is no longer here . . .

this team can be special. there is no reason why the game was still in doubt at the 1'30" mark and needed a pick six to truly seal it. that's the rub. great teams would not have kicked 5 field goals given the field position. they wouldn't turn down points but they would have put this game away early.

the blame for this has got to fall on sch$tty. all season the jets have been in the red zone and only come up with field goals. they need to score touchdowns or they risk keeping teams in games.

[QUOTE=OCCH;3776494]I'm also surprised to see the INTENSITY of the negative posts, but at the same time I'm really sick of hearing how "the SOJ would have lost this game . . ."

So that's my barometer? I should be happy because we appear to be better than a team that would've CHOKED down the stretch? Sorry, but I'm WAY too amped for this season to settle for that.

Maybe it is HK and all the preseason hype, but I want to truly be that "elite" team. How often do the Colts or Pats (pre-2010) have to talk about "winning ugly"? How often did the dominating teams of the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. have to "eek" a win out?

Maybe I'm not giving the Vikes enough credit. If our receivers could have held on to the ball, if Revis was in game shape, if we brought our "A" game, I just don't see how this one would have even been close.

Again, not screaming that the sky is falling. It was a quality win over a quality opponent.

But I believe this team can TRULY be "special", and want to hold them to that standard.

Others are just happy Rich Kotite is no longer here . . .[/QUOTE]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=KRL;3776493] Because a true Jet fan knows
    we would have lost a game like last night's in previous years.
    [/QUOTE]

... very true ...

[QUOTE=KRL;3776493]
    Props to Purdum, Folk & Weatherford because the way they handled the ball
    [/QUOTE]

... unsung but this was HUGE!!!:yes: ...

... folk has been amazing all year ... after LT & sanchez the 3rd best surprise this year ...

l_j_r

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3776497]this team can be special. there is no reason why the game was still in doubt at the 1'30" mark and needed a pick six to truly seal it. that's the rub. great teams would not have kicked 5 field goals given the field position. they wouldn't turn down points but they would have put this game away early.

the blame for this has got to fall on sch$tty. all season the jets have been in the red zone and only come up with field goals. they need to score touchdowns or they risk keeping teams in games.[/QUOTE]

You expect a lot from a perennial also-ran. Now that we are acknowledged front runners, things like ball security become even more meaningful. The lack of TDs had me VERY NERVOUS; yet #6 took care of the ball even though the deluge(s) had SOAKED that pigskin. Not a perfect game, but your whining makes it seem worse than it was. The offense made mistakes and still won; that's a problem?