Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    I think you're right.

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER PART 2

AMC had a season 2 DVD preview online and the description highlights the death of Shane.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Rubys take on the show sort of. The first season was way better and showed a lot of potential. This season (fall included) has been dull and the characters sort of suck. I watch it anyway because Game of Thrones isnt back yet. Its a shame because the comics are great stuff and the show should reflect that. They arent getting cancelled anytime soon so they can turn it around. Last 2 weeks have had some nice moments so thats a plus.

BTW, they casted the part of "the governor" so fans of the comics should be excited/this gives you an idea of where theyre heading.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Im not trying to portray myself as smarter than anyone else. If you don't see the flaws in this show that's fine. If I do, that should be fine too.
    I'm not trying to insult you in any way Ruby and I apologize if you took it, or take it in a negative manner. You're one of my favorite posters.

The problem I'm seeing is that some of us are trying to discuss the show and you come along and say that show sucks, terrible actors, the storyline isn't going anywhere. I know you don't mean it that way though.

I'm a big fan of the comic and the series. The show is slow at times but I guess you have to be a fan to really understand the show. Again, I apologize if any misconception occurred.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I agree with Rubys take on the show sort of. The first season was way better and showed a lot of potential. This season (fall included) has been dull and the characters sort of suck. I watch it anyway because Game of Thrones isnt back yet. Its a shame because the comics are great stuff and the show should reflect that. They arent getting cancelled anytime soon so they can turn it around. Last 2 weeks have had some nice moments so thats a plus.

BTW, they casted the part of "the governor" so fans of the comics should be excited/this gives you an idea of where theyre heading.
    Things are about to get fukced up in the series.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Things are about to get fukced up in the series.
    Yeah, its one the reasons Im struggling through this season.

I stuck through a lot of rough patches with Lost and Im glad I did. I think a character like this will really help.

I knew Dale was done last night when he made that speech about the group being broken. But I was kind of hoping the dead cow was a zombie cow. Whatevs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not trying to insult you in any way Ruby and I apologize if you took it, or take it in a negative manner. You're one of my favorite posters.

The problem I'm seeing is that some of us are trying to discuss the show and you come along and say that show sucks, terrible actors, the storyline isn't going anywhere. I know you don't mean it that way though.

I'm a big fan of the comic and the series. The show is slow at times but I guess you have to be a fan to really understand the show. Again, I apologize if any misconception occurred.
    None at all.

We are all good, I am not taking any of this personal. Again, I think when discussing anything the negatives should be discussed as well as the positives. I apologize if they seemed overwhelming but it really was meant as further areas to discuss in regards to the show.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    None at all.

We are all good, I am not taking any of this personal. Again, I think when discussing anything the negatives should be discussed as well as the positives. I apologize if they seemed overwhelming but it really was meant as further areas to discuss in regards to the show.
    I think partly because so much was expected after season 1. Things are about to get fukced though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, its one the reasons Im struggling through this season.

I stuck through a lot of rough patches with Lost and Im glad I did. I think a character like this will really help.

I knew Dale was done last night when he made that speech about the group being broken. But I was kind of hoping the dead cow was a zombie cow. Whatevs.
    I was waiting for Dale to die and then come back as a zombie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think partly because so much was expected after season 1. Things are about to get fukced though.
    Yeah, season 1 was really awesome.

I did read a spoiler for next week, sounds very intense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Supposedly Season 3 is filming in a prison, so it sounds like they're moving along to that part, and then the Governor storyline. Should be worth waiting for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the spoiler I read just now is accurate, we may now have confirmation of what the guy at the CDC whispered to Rick, and what they were hinting at with the lack of bites on the guards the other week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pooping in cereal is a personal favorite past time of mine.
    ...and the greatest argument you've ever made for becoming a mod.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, season 1 was really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    If the spoiler I read just now is accurate, we may now have confirmation of what the guy at the CDC whispered to Rick, and what they were hinting at with the lack of bites on the guards the other week.
    link?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not trying to portray myself as smarter than anyone else. If you don't see the flaws in this show that's fine. If I do, that should be fine too.
    You are right on 2 accounts.

You're not

And I think this season has been pretty flawed. Just too many scenes that should never be happening.

There is no way Carl is walking around in the woods by himself.

Lori driving into town alone.

No perimeter defense.

It's still a good watch, but it's very frustrating seeing really stupid mistakes being made when there is no way they should be.

I almost feel insulted as a viewer sometimes.

But I'm still watching!

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

You're not

And I think this season has been pretty flawed. Just too many scenes that should never be happening.

No perimeter defense.

It's still a good watch, but it's very frustrating seeing really stupid mistakes being made when there is no way they should be.

But I'm still watching!

_

Yup. All the annoying idiot Lori has to do related to the execution is keep an eye on Carl and keep him away from it, and she can't even do that? I can see Carl wandering into the woods by himself, he' sthat kinda kid. So knowing that, she let's him slip away?

Really wish she would get killed and won't miss Dale's constant whinin at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was waiting for Dale to die and then come back as a zombie.
    The Dale zombie would still have a habit of long winded pontifications in the form of "arrrrrgggghhhhs, gurrraaahhhsss...". It'd be kinda funny to see Shane and Daryl playing keep away with Dale's floppy fishing hat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

You're not

No perimeter defense.

But I'm still watching!

_
    Good post. If Carl was my son, he'd be on a leash.
    People are far too relaxed. Makes the show seem unrealistic.
    Still zombies, so Ill keep watching.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about the ending to this week’s episode and how a better ending might have be done:

Kill the kid (have Shane do it if need be), and show Dale seeing it…
    Disheartened, and distraught, he then wanders towards the meadow, witnesses the cow being eaten by the Zombie. He pauses a minute, unstraps his shotgun, aims towards the zombie who is now aware of his presence. But instead of firing the gun, he pauses again, drops it and just walks towards the zombie.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that happens in the comic, but gets lost on TV.
    Not sure why exactly, though…

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This weeks episode was a total borefest up until the last 5 minutes.

I'm really getting sick and tired of everyone trying to "do the right thing". It's f*cking ridiculous. Undead corpses are walking around and preying on the living, but hey, forget all of that. We should still help our fellow neighbor and stick with our moral values, even if it means putting yourself and/or others in the group in danger.

And all of the events that have played out in the past two episodes just reaffirms mine and others opinion of how f*cking retarded it was to save that kid on the iron fence. They should've just put one in his brain and dipped. They've pretty much come to terms that they have to kill him, so it was basically a gigantic wast of time, food, and resources to save the kids life. And judging by the preview for the newest episode, f*ckface gets free and now the entire group is in danger.

It's like these idiots look for trouble.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    At first the producers had planned to have dale come upon a dead cast member in the field but instead decided to go with a cow. Not sure which character they would've picked.