Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The writing is still weak, how do we know?
    Take away zombies and none of us would ever watch it…

However, they do have a knack for creating amazingly, annoying characters by creating drama where none exists:

Dale, Lori, Andrea, Rick’s son and now Maggie and Glenn, who argued about the non-raping event that went on?? Say what??

And for the record, the Governor is a total *****…
    You’re this evil dude and in a zombie world you have a perfect opportunity to rape a rare, hot chick and in turn have all the viewership truly hate you and think you’re the evil slime that we want you to be… But you instead look at her boobs? You’re not wicked, you’re sinister, you’re an idiot.

Also I love the same formula played out every few episodes almost like a split decision like this is made:

Director - “Writers, we need to kill a character.”
    Writers – “Ok, how about we show the character more in the particular episode, give him/her some lines to humanize and then have someone shoot him or a zombie attack them.”
    Director – “Brilliant”

And that’s just it, usually you root for characters to be killed or live… I just root for everyone to get killed. Including Rick… there said it.

All that said, I’ll keep watching… it’s got Zooooombies!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Few things...

I think the person driving the truck will be a newly introduced character at Woodbury that isn't part of the comics ala Daryl...

To the poster above and the rape scene... Read the comics not Maggie but it happens...

Also, whoever said it was spot on about Glenn freaking out for no reason. I think it was the poster above. It happens all the freaking time in this show too... There's ****ing zombies galore running around, we know there's animosity and drama. You don't need to make any. Writers suck.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad sucks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Breaking Bad sucks
    Better than Walking Dead, lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad sucks
    LMAO

Breaking Bad is The Wire compared to Walking Dead.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad sucks
    Seriously?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Seriously?
    He doesn't know about the dipping sticks, John.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad sucks
    LOL - no way! But Breaking Bad < Walking Dead. And apparently everybody is out fighting zombies instead of hanging in the Hampur. So I'll start:

What was the friggin' meaning of the title of Sunday's episode: I Ain't No Judas (or whatever it was)? I didn't see anybody Judas-ing: Milton stayed loyal to the Governor, Merle stayed loyal to Darrell, Carl stayed loyal to Rick (sorta hahahaha), and Andrea stayed loyal to the Governor. Terrell and the group that Rick psycho-kicked out of the prison last week are now at Woodbury and whether or not they support our gang doesn't matter - they can't be Judases because they were never a part of Rick's group.

Who else thinks the Governor was pretending to be asleep and would have grabbed Andrea's arm if she'd brought that knife down to stab him? She's been #1 on my sh*t list ever since she put Bros b4 Hoes by ditching Mischonne for the Gov. And remember when she told the Governor that she got all creamy watching the zombie arena fight? Maybe she's got the potential to be just as bad as the Gov.

So who's Judas? Andrea? Or is Merle in deep undercover at the Prison and still loyal to the Governor - in exchange for Darrell's life. Bwahahahaha!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    LOL - no way! But Breaking Bad < Walking Dead. And apparently everybody is out fighting zombies instead of hanging in the Hampur. So I'll start:

What was the friggin' meaning of the title of Sunday's episode: I Ain't No Judas (or whatever it was)? I didn't see anybody Judas-ing: Milton stayed loyal to the Governor, Merle stayed loyal to Darrell, Carl stayed loyal to Rick (sorta hahahaha), and Andrea stayed loyal to the Governor. Terrell and the group that Rick psycho-kicked out of the prison last week are now at Woodbury and whether or not they support our gang doesn't matter - they can't be Judases because they were never a part of Rick's group.

Who else thinks the Governor was pretending to be asleep and would have grabbed Andrea's arm if she'd brought that knife down to stab him? She's been #1 on my sh*t list ever since she put Bros b4 Hoes by ditching Mischonne for the Gov. And remember when she told the Governor that she got all creamy watching the zombie arena fight? Maybe she's got the potential to be just as bad as the Gov.

So who's Judas? Andrea? Or is Merle in deep undercover at the Prison and still loyal to the Governor - in exchange for Darrell's life. Bwahahahaha!
    If no one was "Judas- ing, " why are you confused at the title?

And, this show is spiraling into the silly pretty fast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    And, this show is spiraling into the silly pretty fast.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Show is so boring. Blah blah blah Rick's crazy, blah blah blah Carl's not a little kid anymore, blah blah blah crazy Governor doing crazy Governor things, blah blah blah unlikable Andrea being unlikable. 5 minutes of anything sort of interesting.

Does it REALLY take an hour to do that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breaking Bad sucks
    jokey sarcasm?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Justified is their best show, IMO (not including Archer).

The Americans has me intrigued, but I'm not completely hooked yet.
    SOA is dope!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The writing is still weak, how do we know?
    Take away zombies and none of us would ever watch it…

However, they do have a knack for creating amazingly, annoying characters by creating drama where none exists:

Dale, Lori, Andrea, Rick’s son and now Maggie and Glenn, who argued about the non-raping event that went on?? Say what??

And for the record, the Governor is a total *****…
    You’re this evil dude and in a zombie world you have a perfect opportunity to rape a rare, hot chick and in turn have all the viewership truly hate you and think you’re the evil slime that we want you to be… But you instead look at her boobs? You’re not wicked, you’re sinister, you’re an idiot.

Also I love the same formula played out every few episodes almost like a split decision like this is made:

Director - “Writers, we need to kill a character.”
    Writers – “Ok, how about we show the character more in the particular episode, give him/her some lines to humanize and then have someone shoot him or a zombie attack them.”
    Director – “Brilliant”

And that’s just it, usually you root for characters to be killed or live… I just root for everyone to get killed. Including Rick… there said it.

All that said, I’ll keep watching… it’s got Zooooombies!
    That's a pretty accurate summary.

It's easy to predict the zombie cannon fodder based on their lines or lack thereof. Rick's crew does need some new blood...it's growing rather tireseome with the dynamic in the prison.

On a side note that rear view glimpse of Andrea in the shadows...yowzaa.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    jokey sarcasm?
    Thaaaaank you

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else never realize that Reedus (Daryl) was in Blade 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m822scb5MA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not until your "hot guys" thread.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Anyone else never realize that Reedus (Daryl) was in Blade 2?
    His biggest role is Boondock Saints, IMO.

Fan favorite right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've only seen a few episodes.

Question: what's with the chick walking a zombie around on the end of a dog control stick? Was it explained why that would be a good thing to do?

Also: rats in cages as decoys

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I've only seen a few episodes.

Question: what's with the chick walking a zombie around on the end of a dog control stick? Was it explained why that would be a good thing to do?

Also: rats in cages as decoys
    It's supposed to mask her from the other zombies, I think.