Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Shlt, I just saw the preview for the next episode. Looks nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Shlt, I just saw the preview for the next episode. Looks nuts.
    Missed it. Wasn't sitting through that crappy comic book show.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Missed it. Wasn't sitting through that crappy comic book show.
    You could prob check it out online tomorrow or something.

1st season writers were scrapped at end of season 1.

Must agree with Ruby here. 1st 6 shows were a notch above.

Last season did drag some, but I don't see how you can keep the pace the 1st season did without it just getting ridiculous.

Best part of last nights show was ending. Didn't see it coming.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chirorob;4367885]She was sooo stupid. The rest of the episode was OK, but that was moronic. Why is she going to town? She drives down the road without looking where she is going. She hits a dead guy and freaks out and swerves off the road?

I don't like dramas about "smart" people suddenly doing stupid things. And that seems like what we are seeing more and more of.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, my wife and I looked at each other and wondered why Lori wasn't able to just run the walker over and keep going. That suprised by a zombie in the road?

All League
    Lori going out looking for Rick was pretty confusing. I don't get why it happened.
    As noted by others that move evoked annoyance not sympathy. My 14 year old stated "what is she... stupid"? just before the accident and said "I guess so" afterward.

Loved the ending though. Rick proved he can be a bad mother fukcer. I thought that scene was awesome.
    +1

I'm pretty sure you could see a transformation in Hershel as well. He picked up and chimed in on Rick's excuse not to allow the two shady humans to join their clan. He also had a kick ass expression in the background after Rick smoked 'em. They're all turning into Shanes and that's a good thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    She was sooo stupid. The rest of the episode was OK, but that was moronic. Why is she going to town? She drives down the road without looking where she is going. She hits a dead guy and freaks out and swerves off the road?

[B]I don't like dramas about "smart" people suddenly doing stupid things. And that seems like what we are seeing more and more of.

Exactly, my wife and I looked at each other and wondered why Lori wasn't able to just run the walker over and keep going. That suprised by a zombie in the road?
    women drivers.

no survivors.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    women drivers.

no survivors.

lol, so true

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4367929]
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    She was sooo stupid. The rest of the episode was OK, but that was moronic. Why is she going to town? She drives down the road without looking where she is going. She hits a dead guy and freaks out and swerves off the road?

I don't like dramas about "smart" people suddenly doing stupid things. And that seems like what we are seeing more and more of.[/QUOTE]

besides, aren't they dead anyway? Play bumper cars with them - what's the harm?

I was about to bash her too here.

If my pregnant wife, who is supposed to be watching my son tried to come into town to find me…

I very well might shoot her when/if I got back.
    The show almost turned into a cliché Friday the 13th on that one…

Even in a Zombie apocalypse women still cant drive.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    +1

I'm pretty sure you could see a transformation in Hershel as well. He picked up and chimed in on Rick's excuse not to allow the two shady humans to join their clan. He also had a kick ass expression in the background after Rick smoked 'em. They're all turning into Shanes and that's a good thing.
    See I don't think Rick is turning into Shane at all. Rick's intents are only for the group as for Shane is pretty much for himself. Dave Navarro said it best in the Talking Dead when Shane was helping Carol clean her hands and stuff, all he could talk about was what the group thought of him for what he did with the barn. The woman just found out her daughter was dead and he's talking about himself. Rick had to do what he did in the bar was totally different. Complete bad ass, but it's not the same.

All League
    See I don't think Rick is turning into Shane at all. Rick's intents are only for the group as for Shane is pretty much for himself. Dave Navarro said it best in the Talking Dead when Shane was helping Carol clean her hands and stuff, all he could talk about was what the group thought of him for what he did with the barn. The woman just found out her daughter was dead and he's talking about himself. Rick had to do what he did in the bar was totally different. Complete bad ass, but it's not the same.
    You're right...still nice to see Rick have an edge. Guessing it's only a matter of time before he squares off with Shane.

On another note is anyone had enough of grey bearded guy (is it Dale?). Shane was right on the money with him and his dopey and constant holier than thou expressions...would've been nice for him to slap it off his pious mug.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    You're right...still nice to see Rick have an edge. Guessing it's only a matter of time before he squares off with Shane.

On another note is anyone had enough of grey bearded guy (is it Dale?). Shane was right on the money with him and his dopey and constant holier than thou expressions...would've been nice for him to slap it off his pious mug.
    I agree that he needs to shut up a little. He's annoying, but he's right about Shane. I hope they make Shane different than the comic though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dale and his stupid hat need to go.

I hate every character on this show outside of Darryl.

Further evidence that the writing is sub par.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Dale and his stupid hat need to go.

I hate every character on this show outside of Darryl.

Further evidence that the writing is sub par.
    Just a question. What are you looking for in the series? What do you want to happen?

Jets Insider VIP
    Just a question. What are you looking for in the series? What do you want to happen?
    Them getting off the part would be a good start.

I know I sound like a whining douche, its just the first few episodes were so awesome. I dont need things to be that crazy, but I mean it just feels like they are treading water here. Same plot lines, people making totally stupid decisions for no reason, no progression. Just kinda seems stuck in quicksand at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Them getting off the part would be a good start.

I know I sound like a whining douche, its just the first few episodes were so awesome. I dont need things to be that crazy, but I mean it just feels like they are treading water here. Same plot lines, people making totally stupid decisions for no reason, no progression. Just kinda seems stuck in quicksand at the moment.
    Supposedly, these next few episodes should please you. I know you want to see killing zombies and action and everything but it's not what this series is about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Supposedly, these next few episodes should please you. I know you want to see killing zombies and action and everything but it's not what this series is about.
    Not necessarily, would just appreciate competent writing, people having a purpose for what there doing, and plot lines that actually go somewhere.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im stealing this post from IMDB

1. Rick's search for Lori & Carl
    2. Search for Merle
    3. Search for CDC/Fort Bragg
    4. Groups search for Sophia
    5. Search for Herschel
    6. Lori's search for Rick, Glenn & Hershel
    7. ??? search for Rick, Glenn, Hershel and Lori...

Pretty much sums up the show. Stop frigging searching for people and go do something.