Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ratliff5 View Post
    At first the producers had planned to have dale come upon a dead cast member in the field but instead decided to go with a cow. Not sure which character they would've picked.
    Should have been Lori.

Or the whiny blonde chick who pfailed at suicide.

She needs to be eaten real soon.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Should have been Lori.

Or the whiny blonde chick who pfailed at suicide.

She needs to be eaten real soon.

_
    I feel like almost all the characters need to be eaten.

Shane and Daryl are the only two likable/believable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

I like Maggie... And Herschel...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I like Maggie... And Herschel...
    Yeah there ok I guess.

I wonder if T Dog is ever going to get any screentime

All Pro
    Yeah there ok I guess.

I wonder if T Dog is ever going to get any screentime

My wife and I laugh about that every week. "Look quick, there he is", like he's bigfoot.

Hall Of Fame

Every week--that's exactly what I say to the GF.

_

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    My wife and I laugh about that every week. "Look quick, there he is", like he's bigfoot.
    Racist?

Jk

All League

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I was thinking about the ending to this week’s episode and how a better ending might have be done:

Kill the kid (have Shane do it if need be), and show Dale seeing it…
    Disheartened, and distraught, he then wanders towards the meadow, witnesses the cow being eaten by the Zombie. He pauses a minute, unstraps his shotgun, aims towards the zombie who is now aware of his presence. But instead of firing the gun, he pauses again, drops it and just walks towards the zombie.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that happens in the comic, but gets lost on TV.
    Not sure why exactly, though…

Yet another great example of how a bunch of schlubs on a football message board are 10x more creative and therefore more qualified than a WD writer. The are beating us over the head with the whining, moronic and spineless characters and sappy storylines.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

Yet another great example of how a bunch of schlubs on a football message board are 10x more creative and therefore more qualified than a WD writer. The are beating us over the head with the whining, moronic and spineless characters and sappy storylines.
    If he only knew more about football

_

Thanks buddy… yeah, it’s not like it’s rocket science. There’s so many opportunities for drama without the forced crap dialog.

I think the best we can hope for is the writers from this season to get replaced next season. This show should be dark, and gritty. I’d love to see them take a risk and bring in a young, talented horror writer who thinks outside the box…

Think back to season 1, they really have come a long (bad) way from that first episode… that hospital, with all the blood everywhere, the chained-locked doors, with zombies pushing to get out. Rick waking up, you felt like you were there with him. Also the different scenery where it showed people were trying to resist, but their efforts were hopeless. The deserted army, body bags, the very first time he was walking down the street and the black guy shoots the zombie in the head. The half zombie woman crawling…It was all a lot more visceral, with a lot of dark imagery that was downright scary and shocking.

That’s what made the show great, but we get none of that now and instead on every episode, we get painful “The world has changed” dialog…

In just a few episodes in season 1, I felt more for the black man, his son and Rick than I do for all the characters combined in this 2nd season (including Rick, who I now hate).

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    If he only knew more about football

_
    Let’s hope they don’t make that a requirement down the road.

I've been very dissapointed with Season 2.

For my personal tastes, it has far too much static (location) personal melodrama, too many unrealistic/silly characters and character decisions/actions, and no clear course for the story. It feels like filler.

I'm also very dissapointed that they choose to kill of Dale, who was (IMO) the only character who was likeable in any way. Sure, he was a bit preachey and moralistic, but frankly he was one of the few characters on the show who came accross as even half realistic in his motivations.

The show has taken (for me) a nosedive, one I hope it can overcome.

Better news (IMO), The Killing comes back next month.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I've been very dissapointed with Season 2.

For my personal tastes, it has far too much static (location) personal melodrama, too many unrealistic/silly characters and character decisions/actions, and no clear course for the story. It feels like filler.

I'm also very dissapointed that they choose to kill of Dale, who was (IMO) the only character who was likeable in any way. Sure, he was a bit preachey and moralistic, but frankly he was one of the few characters on the show who came accross as even half realistic in his motivations.

The show has taken (for me) a nosedive, one I hope it can overcome.

Sadly I think they think they are "developing characters" with all of this dialog and drama.

I can't believe so many people don't like the show now. Still better than most of the garbage that's on tv now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I can't believe so many people don't like the show now. Still better than most of the garbage that's on tv now.
    I still like the show, but I'd be lying if I said Season 2 has been on par with Season 1.

I just personally don't care for any of the characters at this stage. It's exactly like what Monsterxman said, I cared more for the black guy, his kid, and Rick during the first few episodes of Season 1 more than I care about the 20 or so characters in Season 2 combined. No one is likeable on this show anymore besides maybe Darryl, that's it.

Not to mention just how goddamn clueless everyone in the group seems to be. Darryl and Shane are the only two who are in full blown survival mode. Everyone else is concerned with "doing the right thing" and sticking to their moral values when there are f*cking corpses walking around and eating people.

Incredible first season... I'm honestly thinking there's no way they can follow it up. But they have phenomenal actors cast in that show...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Incredible first season... I'm honestly thinking there's no way they can follow it up. But they have phenomenal actors cast in that show...

Agreed. So much so that I didn't mind the cliff hanger ending at all. Figured we'd just find out the killer, etc this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I still like the show, but I'd be lying if I said Season 2 has been on par with Season 1.

I just personally don't care for any of the characters at this stage. It's exactly like what Monsterxman said, I cared more for the black guy, his kid, and Rick during the first few episodes of Season 1 more than I care about the 20 or so characters in Season 2 combined. No one is likeable on this show anymore besides maybe Darryl, that's it.

Not to mention just how goddamn clueless everyone in the group seems to be. Darryl and Shane are the only two who are in full blown survival mode. Everyone else is concerned with "doing the right thing" and sticking to their moral values when there are f*cking corpses walking around and eating people.
    Perfectly exemplifies my own opinion, with the exception of the "moral code" portion at the end. Solid post, +1

All League
    I was a devoted Killing fan until that last episode. When the season started I wondered who killed Rosie Larsen. As the season progressed I thought variations of "ahaa he did it, opps I guess not (x10)"- I need to know who killed her this is great! I was happy that they were finally gonna fulfill their pledge at the end to reveal the killer but then they did a 180 at the very end and insulted the viewer's intelligence.

It was disguised as an intriguing tease but came off like the audience didn't deserve to know or worse enjoyed getting jerked around with no real answers or even worse want to get similarly jerked around in season 2.

Now I don't give a rat's ass who killed her and won't waste another hour of my time on a show that potrays itself as dark and clever. Other than that I have no strong feelings about the show.

I was a devoted Killing fan until that last episode. When the season started I wondered who killed Rosie Larsen. As the season progressed I thought variations of "ahaa he did it, opps I guess not (x10)"- I need to know who killed her this is great! I was happy that they were finally gonna fulfill their pledge at the end to reveal the killer but then they did a 180 at the very end and insulted the viewer's intelligence.

It was disguised as an intriguing tease but came off like the audience didn't deserve to know or worse enjoyed getting jerked around with no real answers or even worse want to get similarly jerked around in season 2.

Now I don't give a rat's ass who killed her and won't waste another hour of my time on a show that potrays itself as dark and clever. Other than that I have no strong feelings about the show.
    exactly how I felt. The first few episodes were great, but then it was one red herring after another. Rinse and repeat. I thought that last episode was lame and I swore not to waste another hour of my life on that show.

I loved Rubicon and couldn't believe when they cancelled it after one season.

I can't wait for Mad Men.

The Walking Dead has been lame this season, but a lame zombie show still beats a lot of other crap.