Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Rubes, I love you, but you're wrong on this.
    Fagalist?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Fagalist?
    Super

Huge Walking Dead fans in our house.

Would greatly appreciate if you all could take a moment to vote for my daughter's video in the Walking Dead one-of-a-kind fan contest (max one vote per day):

https://www.facebook.com/TheWalkingD...3A%22318%22%7D

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

Would greatly appreciate if you all could take a moment to vote for my daughter's video in the Walking Dead one-of-a-kind fan contest (max one vote per day):

Hilarious. Well done. I have to set up a FB account to vote, but I will for that.

Jets Insider VIP

Done. She did a really good job with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    thank you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    +1...nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Justifiable? It's a show about the zombie apocalypse. Nothing is justifiable. If you don't like the show don't watch it. Is it necessary to post on every page how bad the show is for the people that enjoy the show and are a fan of the comic? TWD has millions of viewers and has added seasons 4 and 5 so obviously they're doing something right.
    +1000. Tons of Zombie fans out there. And popular enough that this year the "Talking Dead" has been extended to an hour instead of half an hour. I love the "In Memoriam" part of Talking Dead.

I think of the Walking Dead more as a post-apocalyptic TV series than as a horror show. The zombies just add more fun, and I happen to enjoy special effects. I even watch "Face Off", that reality competition for Special Effects artists.

A lot of post-apocs have been successful over the past few years; maybe we're all feeling a little uncertain about the world today - nothing wrong with stocking up on some supplies just like you'd do for a hurricane, or imagining how people would react in such a drastically changed world.

I don't know if any of y'all watched Falling Skies (the Spielberg TV series on TNT), but it's pretty good too. Not as good as Walking Dead, but still pretty good. Aliens instead of zombies. Post-apocalyptic of course. Supposed to begin its new season this summer, I think. Then there was the short-lived Terra Nova series, which sounded interesting but completely sucked - only lasted one season.

The Special Effects of TWD and Falling Skies don't bother me at all. But I watched about 15 minutes of a Dexter episode with Dexter doing some hideous crap to a dude's eyeballs .... and I couldn't watch any more. Give me the Walking Dead any time. Hell, visit my creepy nightmares and show me your boomstick, that won't faze me one bit. Just protect me from Dexter and from creepy clowns!

I just voted for her! She did a nice job zombiefying her face and trying to get some quick snacks at work and in the car LOL! 3 out of 4 people in my home are Dead Fans. Hope your daughter wins a chance to go to the Season 4 Premiere.

All League
    Still a fan, I swear, so don't tell me to take a hike, but that episode blew. Next episode they go to war?! That was supposed to be this one! They're phoning it in.

All League
    Falling Skies sucks donkey balls compared to TWD.

Not every episode of TWD is stellar but on average its still one of the most interesting shows on basic cable, People will whine if it's too much zombie and and not enough human drama and vice versa.

The only bitter critique I have is the kid actor who plays Carl- I've seen a wooden Indian with more range...he makes Ben Affleck look like Brando.

All League
    Yaaaaaawn

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Yaaaaaawn
    L-O-L! Yea, real boring sh!t watching Andrea running for her life and the whole abandoned factory thing. Positively a snooze-fest.

Seriously, some of you need a hard does of ritalin or something, not sure what expectations you're all, errr, expectin'.

All League
    They keep teasing this big war, and it doesn't happen.

Getting chased around an abandoned building by zombies?! Wow. Get the Emmy ready.

They're phoning it in. I watch because I'm invested, but I'm finding I could care less if somebody dies.

I like the show but my expectations are higher than most I guess.
    They have an opportunity to make something great, but instead are settling.

The writing is pretty uneven and tends to get stuck on same old formulas before branching out to something new only to rehash that a few times before moving on again:

Season 2 - hang out on the farm, oh need to retrieve something in town, go to town... find trouble. That was like 3-5 episodes of the same exact plot design. With maybe 1-3 stupid irrational things happening in between (ex. Lori driving to town to look for Rick, etc.)...

Season 3 has gotten better, just because taking prisoners is more interesting than retrieving items. Glenn, Maggie, then Daryl and his brother, (Michonne/Andrea) a few times...and now Andrea again...

The governor reminds me of an evil genius that James Bond would deal with...
    He's got the patch + likes to keep people alive to give them a chance to be rescued/escape.

I will say if you view the show strictly as a comedy then it's pretty good.

All League

Starring NY Jets head coach Rex Ryan, who will be a sought after defensive coordinator after this next season.

So, reactions on the finale?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansocal View Post
    So, reactions on the finale?
    Very underwhelming but glad to see Andrea bit it. Carl blew my mind, damn!

Seemed like extra commercials for this episode.

Curious to see what happens but think show may have run it's course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Enjoyed the finale, was happy they did the right thing and had the governor go completely bat-sh!t crazy and Andrea die. Carl's development as a character is going to be very interesting. And it looks like we're done with Ghost Laurie! What's not to like!