Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The finale pretty much sucked until the last 2 mins when Andrea died.

About damn time

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought it was good all in all. I could go either way on Andrea, I kept hoping she would become more like the comic character but this version of Andrea was ok to kill. Agree it seems as though there were a lot of commercials.

Not sure where they are going with keeping the Governor alive. Good character but I think they are dragging it out. Looking forward to season 4 though. Don't think it starts until October.

All League
    The only non-cliche thing that happened was Carl's dark streak.

During every poignant pause, I write a line in my head that's better than the one actually delivered, and I'm an idiot.

They blew a perfect opportunity for an A-Team-esque defense of the prison. That would've been cool.

Thank God Game of Thrones is back. Where's that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I thought it was good all in all. I could go either way on Andrea, I kept hoping she would become more like the comic character but this version of Andrea was ok to kill. Agree it seems as though there were a lot of commercials.

Not sure where they are going with keeping the Governor alive. Good character but I think they are dragging it out. Looking forward to season 4 though. Don't think it starts until October.
    The show needs an antagonist they can keep around for several seasons. Especially considering the zombies - I'm sorry "Walkers" - are pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    They keep teasing this big war, and it doesn't happen.

Getting chased around an abandoned building by zombies?! Wow. Get the Emmy ready.

They're phoning it in. I watch because I'm invested, but I'm finding I could care less if somebody dies.
    I find this show to be highly overrated - mostly by people who still get a kick out of watching zombies get blown up (last good zombie movie was Dawn of Dead in '04). The arc they were doing with the central character having a small war with a bigger clan led by a megalomaniac was interesting but poorly executed with zero payoff whatsoever.

I know it's tv and basic cable at that and the budgets are nothing compared to big hollywood movies but for once can was see some f'n action?

Veteran
    Love the show, don't understand the hate, or what y'all would Want the show to be like to make it perfect... Too many commercials last night, ridiculous ...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Love the show, don't understand the hate, or what y'all would Want the show to be like to make it perfect... Too many commercials last night, ridiculous ...
    The people who constantly b*tch about the show are the same people who still tune in and watch it every week.

I don't get it.

If I don't enjoy something, then I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing and devote an hour of my life to it every Sunday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The people who constantly b*tch about the show are the same people who still tune in and watch it every week.

I don't get it.

If I don't enjoy something, then I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing and devote an hour of my life to it every Sunday.
    Sure you get it. There are levels to everything. You think the show is perfect? I don't; I like it, I watch it, and I'm free to complain about the things I think are wrong with it.

And, help yourself to a dvr. No need to drop anything to devote yourself to TV show.

All League
    The Gov character has run its course...he is evil and kills people (repeatedly), ok we get it. That epsiode would've been great if Martinez fragged the Gov after he mowed down the reluctant Woodbury warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    The Gov character has run its course...he is evil and kills people (repeatedly), ok we get it. That epsiode would've been great if Martinez fragged the Gov after he mowed down the reluctant Woodbury warriors.
    I would have liked to have seen them wrap up that storyline in the finale (akin to the graphic novel) but i get that they spend mucho dinero on the prison set so they want to stretch that out into next season, so expect a few episodes and then wham, return of the governor.

All Pro
    Watched Game of Thrones first so Facebook spoiled the finale but I didn't care really. I kept up with it this year just to what the deal with the Governor was. He was ok but I always felt like something was missing with the character.

Hall Of Fame

I don't get it.

My wife has essentially the same positions with respect to my relationship with the Jets

The finale pretty much sucked until the last 2 mins when Andrea died.

About damn time
    Pretty much ...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I found this, it belongs here

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I found this, it belongs here

that is major league funneh

All League
    I hear Casey Kasum is making a guest appearance next season.

Banned

Jets Insider VIP
    The NY Jets say hi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    The NY Jets say hi.

And they take WAY more than an hour