Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 611

Thread: The Walking Dead

  1. #581
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,839
    The finale pretty much sucked until the last 2 mins when Andrea died.

    About damn time

  2. #582
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,225
    I thought it was good all in all. I could go either way on Andrea, I kept hoping she would become more like the comic character but this version of Andrea was ok to kill. Agree it seems as though there were a lot of commercials.

    Not sure where they are going with keeping the Governor alive. Good character but I think they are dragging it out. Looking forward to season 4 though. Don't think it starts until October.

  3. #583
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,361
    The only non-cliche thing that happened was Carl's dark streak.

    During every poignant pause, I write a line in my head that's better than the one actually delivered, and I'm an idiot.

    They blew a perfect opportunity for an A-Team-esque defense of the prison. That would've been cool.

    Thank God Game of Thrones is back. Where's that thread?

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I thought it was good all in all. I could go either way on Andrea, I kept hoping she would become more like the comic character but this version of Andrea was ok to kill. Agree it seems as though there were a lot of commercials.

    Not sure where they are going with keeping the Governor alive. Good character but I think they are dragging it out. Looking forward to season 4 though. Don't think it starts until October.
    The show needs an antagonist they can keep around for several seasons. Especially considering the zombies - I'm sorry "Walkers" - are pretty lame.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    They keep teasing this big war, and it doesn't happen.

    Getting chased around an abandoned building by zombies?! Wow. Get the Emmy ready.

    They're phoning it in. I watch because I'm invested, but I'm finding I could care less if somebody dies.
    I find this show to be highly overrated - mostly by people who still get a kick out of watching zombies get blown up (last good zombie movie was Dawn of Dead in '04). The arc they were doing with the central character having a small war with a bigger clan led by a megalomaniac was interesting but poorly executed with zero payoff whatsoever.

    I know it's tv and basic cable at that and the budgets are nothing compared to big hollywood movies but for once can was see some f'n action?

  6. #586
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,665
    Love the show, don't understand the hate, or what y'all would Want the show to be like to make it perfect... Too many commercials last night, ridiculous ...

  7. #587
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,839
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Love the show, don't understand the hate, or what y'all would Want the show to be like to make it perfect... Too many commercials last night, ridiculous ...
    The people who constantly b*tch about the show are the same people who still tune in and watch it every week.

    I don't get it.

    If I don't enjoy something, then I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing and devote an hour of my life to it every Sunday.

  8. #588
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The people who constantly b*tch about the show are the same people who still tune in and watch it every week.

    I don't get it.

    If I don't enjoy something, then I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing and devote an hour of my life to it every Sunday.
    Sure you get it. There are levels to everything. You think the show is perfect? I don't; I like it, I watch it, and I'm free to complain about the things I think are wrong with it.

    And, help yourself to a dvr. No need to drop anything to devote yourself to TV show.

  9. #589
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,474
    The Gov character has run its course...he is evil and kills people (repeatedly), ok we get it. That epsiode would've been great if Martinez fragged the Gov after he mowed down the reluctant Woodbury warriors.

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    The Gov character has run its course...he is evil and kills people (repeatedly), ok we get it. That epsiode would've been great if Martinez fragged the Gov after he mowed down the reluctant Woodbury warriors.
    I would have liked to have seen them wrap up that storyline in the finale (akin to the graphic novel) but i get that they spend mucho dinero on the prison set so they want to stretch that out into next season, so expect a few episodes and then wham, return of the governor.

  11. #591
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Watched Game of Thrones first so Facebook spoiled the finale but I didn't care really. I kept up with it this year just to what the deal with the Governor was. He was ok but I always felt like something was missing with the character.

  12. #592
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The people who constantly b*tch about the show are the same people who still tune in and watch it every week.

    I don't get it.

    If I don't enjoy something, then I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing and devote an hour of my life to it every Sunday.
    My wife has essentially the same positions with respect to my relationship with the Jets

  13. #593

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The finale pretty much sucked until the last 2 mins when Andrea died.

    About damn time
    Pretty much ...

  15. #595
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,239
    I found this, it belongs here



  16. #596
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I found this, it belongs here



    that is major league funneh

  17. #597
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,917
    I hear Casey Kasum is making a guest appearance next season.

  18. #598
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,388

  19. #599
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If I don't enjoy something, then I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing and devote an hour of my life to it every Sunday.
    The NY Jets say hi.


  20. #600
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,388
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    The NY Jets say hi.

    And they take WAY more than an hour

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us