Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 594

Thread: The Walking Dead

  1. #481
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now Lori is back...as a ghost.

    Somehow, a show about zombies managed to jump the gun.

  2. #482
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I hate her. Whiney bithc.
    +1

    Been waiting for this slut to die since the CDC.

  3. #483
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And now Lori is back...as a ghost.

    Somehow, a show about zombies managed to jump the gun.
    lol so glad I stopped watching this abortion.

  4. #484
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    lol so glad I stopped watching this abortion.
    I hope you get rammed in the backdoor by that deer in the woods.

  5. #485
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I hope you get rammed in the backdoor by that deer in the woods.
    sorry can't help myself sometimes.

  6. #486
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait til Breaking Bad is back. BB > Walking Dead.

  7. #487
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Can't wait til Breaking Bad is back. BB > Walking Dead.

  8. #488
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And now Lori is back...as a ghost.

    Somehow, a show about zombies managed to jump the gun.
    I'm pretty sure you mean "jumped the shark". But I agree with you - I was wondering when I'd see something and say to myself, "ok, I'm done." Lori's ghost might've done it. Too bad.

  9. #489
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully y'all were just kidding and really CAN tell the difference between a hallucination and a ghost!

    Awesome episode tonight, but I'm curious about something (**SPOILER ALERT**):

    If everyone is infected and turns when they die even when not bitten by a walker (like Shane did), why didn't Axel or the Governor's guard tower sniper turn? Were they both shot in the head? Or is it possible that some people aren't infected?

    Darrell still my hero

  10. #490
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Hopefully y'all were just kidding and really CAN tell the difference between a hallucination and a ghost!

    Awesome episode tonight, but I'm curious about something (**SPOILER ALERT**):

    If everyone is infected and turns when they die even when not bitten by a walker (like Shane did), why didn't Axel or the Governor's guard tower sniper turn? Were they both shot in the head? Or is it possible that some people aren't infected?

    Darrell still my hero
    Both were shot in the head...

  11. #491
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I'm pretty sure you mean "jumped the shark". But I agree with you - I was wondering when I'd see something and say to myself, "ok, I'm done." Lori's ghost might've done it. Too bad.
    Indeed. Ghost Lori is just pushing it. Somehow, a show about zombies managed to do that, lol.

    At this point, some of the effect of the show has worn off. A show in which times have gone barbaric and everyone needs a bath? I'm waiting for the Mayor to bring out a captive Andrea, screaming "Outlander! We have your woman!".

  12. #492
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last season, everyone b*tched that there wasn't enough action. Now there's tons of action and people are acting like Rick going nuts and seeing a hallucination of Lori is the last straw?

    LOL, okay.

    Does the show have flaws? Sure, but it's still better than the vast majority of sh*t on TV. I personally have no idea why crap like Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men consistently win Emmy awards over shows like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

    I like zombies, and The Walking Dead is an entertaining show about zombies. Pretty refreshing if you ask me, especially since there hasn't been a remotely decent zombie movie made since the late 80's/early 90's.

    How many cop dramas and ER shows can you take?

  13. #493
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because people aren't allowed to have an opinion. How dare they critique something.

  14. #494
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, because people aren't allowed to have an opinion. How dare they critique something.
    Who is saying no one can have their own opinion?

    What I'm saying is how is a guy hallucinating about seeing his dead wife so outlandish for a show thats main premise involves a bunch of re-animated corpses walking around eating people?

  15. #495
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because suddenly, BAM! A wild ghost appears. Like, what the hell? And now she's calling him on the phone? U WOT M8.

    I just think the novelty is wearing thin, overall. The Zombie genre as a whole has gotten to the point where it needs a little re-imaging. I personally liked what REC started to do, and the spin they took on it. They brought it to a spiritual realm outright, where the "zombies" weren't necessarily zombies, but rather people who were possessed by a demon.

  16. #496
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because suddenly, BAM! A wild ghost appears. Like, what the hell? And now she's calling him on the phone? U WOT M8.

    I just think the novelty is wearing thin, overall. The Zombie genre as a whole has gotten to the point where it needs a little re-imaging. I personally liked what REC started to do, and the spin they took on it. They brought it to a spiritual realm outright, where the "zombies" weren't necessarily zombies, but rather people who were possessed by a demon.
    I think it's pretty clear that she isn't a ghost. She's a hallucination that only Rick can see.

    So far in the past year, the guy has woken up from a coma to find the world overrun by zombies, been in charge of the welfare of dozens of people, killed his best friend, and had his pregnant wife torn apart by walking corpses. Something tells me that would take a pretty big toll on your mental state.

    And Rick hearing Lori on the phone was in the comics, so I'd say it's being faithful to the source material in that regard.

    I don't know, I still like it.

  17. #497
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghosts, doe.

    Just don't be mad when the series finale ends with Rick "waking up". Watch it happen, lol.

  18. #498
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Last season, everyone b*tched that there wasn't enough action. Now there's tons of action and people are acting like Rick going nuts and seeing a hallucination of Lori is the last straw?

    LOL, okay.

    Does the show have flaws? Sure, but it's still better than the vast majority of sh*t on TV. I personally have no idea why crap like Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men consistently win Emmy awards over shows like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

    I like zombies, and The Walking Dead is an entertaining show about zombies. Pretty refreshing if you ask me, especially since there hasn't been a remotely decent zombie movie made since the late 80's/early 90's.

    How many cop dramas and ER shows can you take?
    +1000! I love the Walking Dead. Huge zombie fan here. But are you a zombie purist - noticed you didn't count Resident Evil or 28 Days Later as zombie movies. I understand why you left out my fave Shaun of the Dead, since it's a spoof

    Of course, I hate Hallucination Lori almost as much as Real Lori. And like you said, tons of great zombie kills and special effects this season, as well as character development. Best show on TV.

    I hate to disagree with you because your post is so spot on, but Big Bang is a funny show. It just doesn't have any zombies LOL. Sunny in Philadelphia is funny too.

  19. #499
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    25,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    +1000! I love the Walking Dead. Huge zombie fan here. But are you a zombie purist - noticed you didn't count Resident Evil or 28 Days Later as zombie movies. I understand why you left out my fave Shaun of the Dead, since it's a spoof

    Of course, I hate Hallucination Lori almost as much as Real Lori. And like you said, tons of great zombie kills and special effects this season, as well as character development. Best show on TV.

    I hate to disagree with you because your post is so spot on, but Big Bang is a funny show. It just doesn't have any zombies LOL. Sunny in Philadelphia is funny too.
    I liked 28 Days Later, even though it isn't a zombie movie per say.

    Hated the Resident Evil movies. A shame too. The games had good enough source material to be translated very well to the big screen. But Mila Jovovich fighting zombies with superpowers? Now THAT is a lot more cringe worthy to me than Rick seeing a hallucination of a dead Lori.

    I don't count movies like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland because like you said, they're spoof movies. Not a scary moment in either flick.

  20. #500
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Both were shot in the head...
    Thanks - I wasn't sure about the guy in the Tower. Just watched it again and now I'm wondering who drove the zombie truck into the prison.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us