Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 611

Thread: The Walking Dead

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Not necessarily, would just appreciate competent writing, people having a purpose for what there doing, and plot lines that actually go somewhere.
    I disagree

  2. #182
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    [QUOTE=quantum;4368076]
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post

    besides, aren't they dead anyway? Play bumper cars with them - what's the harm?
    That, plus they are in Georgia, on a FARM.

    You don't go riding around Zombie Apacolypse in a 4 door sedan. You get a freakin truck and you ride OVER the zombies. You mean to tell me in all of back water Georgia there are no more running trucks?

  3. #183
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    4,120
    Im glad it sped up a bit. The scenes for next week look intense, now dealing with non-walker idiots!!!!!

    Enough of Dale already, either kill Shane, or i hope Shane offs him.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I disagree
    No, he's right. The main writer didn't return this season, and the writing has been poor to date. We all love the show, but it's a bit like playing a level grinding RPG. The same thing over and over again.

    The characters are not well developed and don't come across likable.
    I couldn't care if any died, including Rick.

    They need to get off the farm and meet some new people.
    Looks like it's coming.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No, he's right. The main writer didn't return this season, and the writing has been poor to date. We all love the show, but it's a bit like playing a level grinding RPG. The same thing over and over again.

    The characters are not well developed and don't come across likable.
    I couldn't care if any died, including Rick.

    They need to get off the farm and meet some new people.
    Looks like it's coming.
    I disagree again. And they definitely will come off the farm, I guarantee it.

    You weren't excited at the end of last episode?

  6. #186
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I disagree again. And they definitely will come off the farm, I guarantee it.

    You weren't excited at the end of last episode?
    Of course we were.

    But this show is following the same lame formula every week.

    40 minutes of complaining/nothing happening, followed by some crazy cliff hanger stuff at the end that gets the audience to think, "ok now its going to get good", just to return to searching for Sophia, or Carol picking flowers, Or Andrea showing how badass she is by picking up an arm, Lori acting like a dumbass, Dale fighting with Shane, Shane fighting with Dale, etc.

    I will continue to watch because I like the premise, but outside of the first season the execution as been laughable.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Of course we were.

    But this show is following the same lame formula every week.

    40 minutes of complaining/nothing happening, followed by some crazy cliff hanger stuff at the end that gets the audience to think, "ok now its going to get good", just to return to searching for Sophia, or Carol picking flowers, Or Andrea showing how badass she is by picking up an arm, Lori acting like a dumbass, Dale fighting with Shane, Shane fighting with Dale, etc.

    I will continue to watch because I like the premise, but outside of the first season the execution as been laughable.
    I'm a fan from the comics, so I guess I appreciate it a little more. I promise you this will not fail to deliver in the last 5 episodes.

  8. #188
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Im stealing this post from IMDB


    1. Rick's search for Lori & Carl
    2. Search for Merle
    3. Search for CDC/Fort Bragg
    4. Groups search for Sophia
    5. Search for Herschel
    6. Lori's search for Rick, Glenn & Hershel
    7. ??? search for Rick, Glenn, Hershel and Lori...


    Pretty much sums up the show. Stop frigging searching for people and go do something.
    would it kill somebody to throw a pie already!?!??!

  9. #189
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I'm a fan from the comics, so I guess I appreciate it a little more. I promise you this will not fail to deliver in the last 5 episodes.
    I hope so, definitely looks like it will pick up soon

  10. #190
    The writing is fine. They have to define everything and set the mood. When Sophia walked out of the barn, did anyone see that coming? Or Rick shooting her in the head? How about what Rick did last night?

    The show is a drama. And season 3 is starting to film in a couple of months, and is filming in a converted prison, so it is definitely changing.

    Remember, it is a drama. Everyone keeps saying "the writing", "the writing".

    The show is fine. Better than the other zombie apocalypse dramas on TV.

  11. #191
    Yeah itís a good show. Seems like the pace will be picking up. Should be good.

    Does anyone watch Justified?
    Itís on tonight, but Iíd recommend going back and watching season 1+2 firstÖ

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The writing is fine. They have to define everything and set the mood. When Sophia walked out of the barn, did anyone see that coming? Or Rick shooting her in the head? How about what Rick did last night?

    The show is a drama. And season 3 is starting to film in a couple of months, and is filming in a converted prison, so it is definitely changing.

    Remember, it is a drama. Everyone keeps saying "the writing", "the writing".

    The show is fine. Better than the other zombie apocalypse dramas on TV.
    From what I read in the comics, the prison location was so fukced up. I hope they make it a little different.

  13. #193
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,915
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The writing is fine. They have to define everything and set the mood. When Sophia walked out of the barn, did anyone see that coming? Or Rick shooting her in the head? How about what Rick did last night?

    The show is a drama. And season 3 is starting to film in a couple of months, and is filming in a converted prison, so it is definitely changing.

    Remember, it is a drama. Everyone keeps saying "the writing", "the writing".

    The show is fine. Better than the other zombie apocalypse dramas on TV.
    A character going to get people who minutes before just left to do the very same thing she was going to do is evidence that the writing is not fine.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    A character going to get people who minutes before just left to do the very same thing she was going to do is evidence that the writing is not fine.
    It wasn't a few minutes it was a few hours, she even said it.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    It wasn't a few minutes it was a few hours, she even said it.
    Right.

    However... It was a bad decision because after the abortion pills, sleeping with Shane, etc... It literally paints Lori as one of the worst characters on the show...

    Not only is she an adulterer (yeah, yeah, he was dead to her) but now she's a fetus killing moron who can't keep her eyes on the road and who can't stop a vehicle from careening off the road after a brief run in with a zombie...

    Lori and Andrea, two of my favorite characters to start the show are now my least favorite...

    And Daryl, my least favorite when he was introduced is now one of my favorites...

    That's good writing in a way but they can't save Lori for me. She's dead to me... Unless they have a clause that gets her naked on a consistent basis... Then, she's salvageable...

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Right.

    However... It was a bad decision because after the abortion pills, sleeping with Shane, etc... It literally paints Lori as one of the worst characters on the show...

    Not only is she an adulterer (yeah, yeah, he was dead to her) but now she's a fetus killing moron who can't keep her eyes on the road and who can't stop a vehicle from careening off the road after a brief run in with a zombie...

    Lori and Andrea, two of my favorite characters to start the show are now my least favorite...

    And Daryl, my least favorite when he was introduced is now one of my favorites...

    That's good writing in a way but they can't save Lori for me. She's dead to me... Unless they have a clause that gets her naked on a consistent basis... Then, she's salvageable...
    I hate Lori too... wait to you see what happens in the next season. I was never a true fan of Rick until the last episode. Daryl went from an asshoIe to a
    Super good guy back to a guy that doesn't care anymore. He's too inconsistent.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I hate Lori too... wait to you see what happens in the next season. I was never a true fan of Rick until the last episode. Daryl went from an asshoIe to a
    Super good guy back to a guy that doesn't care anymore. He's too inconsistent.
    No spoilers

    Rick definitely cemented the badassery I expected from his charcter though. I was very surprised.

    And Daryl, well, he obviously can't turn it around in a few episodes. It'll be a constant struggle but it's obvious he wants to care.

  18. #198
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    They need to get off the farm and meet some new people.
    Looks like it's coming.
    Just came to post this, the farm plot line is boring. Need moar zombiez

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,252
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Right.

    However... It was a bad decision because after the abortion pills, sleeping with Shane, etc... It literally paints Lori as one of the worst characters on the show...

    Not only is she an adulterer (yeah, yeah, he was dead to her) but now she's a fetus killing moron who can't keep her eyes on the road and who can't stop a vehicle from careening off the road after a brief run in with a zombie...

    Lori and Andrea, two of my favorite characters to start the show are now my least favorite...

    And Daryl, my least favorite when he was introduced is now one of my favorites...

    That's good writing in a way but they can't save Lori for me. She's dead to me... Unless they have a clause that gets her naked on a consistent basis... Then, she's salvageable...

    Nah, that broad's way too skinny. Now Andrea, she's no Suzanne Summers.

  20. #200
    Terrible episode

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us