Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 600

Thread: The Walking Dead

  1. #221
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post

    The "saving the guy on the fence" scene while a few dozen zombies were closing in simply insulted the viewer's intelligence. The writer(s) missed a golden opportunity to show that Rick and Herschel had in fact accepted how F*cked up the world had become. One of them should have coldly capped the kid in the melon to spare his agony during the imminent zombie attack but that's where their (annoying) mercy should've ended. It would've played perfectly against Shane's decision to cap Otis last season. Instead we get another wishy washy storyline that goes against the very lesson they learned the episode before.
    Couldn't of said it better myself. The writers are all over the map. This show is incoherent.
    Last edited by Mantle & Namath; 02-22-2012 at 01:04 AM.

  2. #222
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    Couldn't of said it better myself. The writers are all over the map. This show is incoherent.
    At the very least, they could've shown us how they made it from the fence to the car while being nearly surrounded by walkers. Bad enough they don't shoot the guy, but then we're left to completely imagine how they made it to the vehicle. At least give us a couple more head-shots and near-misses on the way to the truck.

  3. #223
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zombies! Time for a new episode!

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Zombies! Time for a new episode!
    I didn't like the episode again...
















    Hope there's going to be a good one soon

  5. #225
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best episode in a while.

    Still flawed though. Suicide plot did nothing for me.

    And I don't get the big deal with the kid they rescued. He is not a serious threat. He doesn't have a strong allegiance to this other guys from last episode.

    Also annoying that Rick went back for Shane, and there still is no advancement for them to get off this damn farm and actually do something.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Best episode in a while.

    Still flawed though. Suicide plot did nothing for me.

    And I don't get the big deal with the kid they rescued. He is not a serious threat. He doesn't have a strong allegiance to this other guys from last episode.

    Also annoying that Rick went back for Shane, and there still is no advancement for them to get off this damn farm and actually do something.
    That's what I'm waiting for. Next episode looks to be the same. 3 freakin episodes left already wtf.

  7. #227
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Best episode in a while.

    Still flawed though. Suicide plot did nothing for me.
    +1

    Ok we get it, it's very depressing that zombies have pretty much taken over...how many times can the characters whine about this in an episode? Its like the writers grabbed a thesaurus for different ways to say it's hopeless and/or depressing. It's not a soap opera...you become more annoyed with the serial whiner characters than sympathetic.

    And I don't get the big deal with the kid they rescued. He is not a serious threat. He doesn't have a strong allegiance to this other guys from last episode.
    Yeah not to mention that they don't need the kid to ramp up the suspense as to whether he is dangerous because oh, I dunno I think the zombies do a pretty good job there.

    Also annoying that Rick went back for Shane, and there still is no advancement for them to get off this damn farm and actually do something.
    The Rick and Shane thing is getting a bit tired. They all need to move off that farm and move the plot forward. The depressed farm girl plot last night would've torpedoed the episode if it weren't for the zomboe battle in the DPW yard.

  8. #228
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    +1

    Ok we get it, it's very depressing that zombies have pretty much taken over...how many times can the characters whine about this in an episode? Its like the writers grabbed a thesaurus for different ways to say it's hopeless and/or depressing. It's not a soap opera...you become more annoyed with the serial whiner characters than sympathetic.



    Yeah not to mention that they don't need the kid to ramp up the suspense as to whether he is dangerous because oh, I dunno I think the zombies do a pretty good job there.



    The Rick and Shane thing is getting a bit tired. They all need to move off that farm and move the plot forward. The depressed farm girl plot last night would've torpedoed the episode if it weren't for the zomboe battle in the DPW yard.
    I really like the show, I just take it for what it is. As far as "18 Miles Out", Rick finally talked to Shane about what's been brewing for a while, and Shane finally said what he's wanted to ("You can't protect them").

    I thought the fight between Rick and Shane was stupid, though. They looked like two middle school kids fighting. I thought they were bad asses? The idea of the fight was good, just not the fight. It got better when the zombies came out of the window. And I understand Rick going back for Shane. I probably would have done the same.

    One question, with all the blood spurting all over the place, how did they not get infected?

    The attempted suicide? I think there's some symbolism in the show. The "Walker" in the field as they were driving? That's Shane looking at being a pariah for the first time since the show began. Anyway, that's how I see it. It's a fun show, IMO, and a welcomed break from a lot of the other stuff that's on TV.

  9. #229
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last episode was a bit better.

    But I can see why Rick and Lori get are married:

    Fighting Shane almost to the death only to later say, we probably will need to kill that boy!?!?

    Driving 18 miles out to make sure you gave the kid a good fighting chance only to almost get killed?

    Some good things –

    They kept the “sappy” drama down a bit.
    No marks on the dead cops, alluding to the virus possibly being airborne…

  10. #230
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The last episode was a bit better.

    But I can see why Rick and Lori get are married:

    Fighting Shane almost to the death only to later say, we probably will need to kill that boy!?!?

    Driving 18 miles out to make sure you gave the kid a good fighting chance only to almost get killed?

    Some good things –

    They kept the “sappy” drama down a bit.
    No marks on the dead cops, alluding to the virus possibly being airborne…
    Yeah that was interesting. I thought that what was wrong with the chick who tried suicide, thought she was infected.

    Best episode of season, good zombie action, and they seemed to move much faster than I remember, or maybe just havent seen them in a bit.

  11. #231
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    This show has completely imploded.

    So sad considering the start.

  12. #232
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    This show has completely imploded.

    So sad considering the start.
    You've been complaining a lot lately... Everything okay?

  13. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #234
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last segment redeemed what was otherwise a boooring and long winded episode. The zombie dude must've been on roids, he was strong enough to rip Dale's abdomen apart with his hands...never saw that before, can anyone 'splain this?

  15. #235
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shane is dead soon

  16. #236
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    The last segment redeemed what was otherwise a boooring and long winded episode. The zombie dude must've been on roids, he was strong enough to rip Dale's abdomen apart with his hands...never saw that before, can anyone 'splain this?
    For us zombie "nerds", it's easily explained as to why the zombie would do it.

    They smell guts, and that's what they go after. Remember in last season's episode when Rick and Glenn draped themselves with zombie parts?

    As to the strength, who knows? As one of the serial killers on JI if that's possible.

  17. #237
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Shane is dead soon
    Are you stating an opinion, or merely giving spoilers?

  18. #238
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Shane is dead soon
    My guess is that it will be the last episode this season when Shane gets it.

  19. #239
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    My guess is that it will be the last episode this season when Shane gets it.
    I think you're right.



    SPOILER ALERT!































    The actor who plays Shane was cast in a new TNT drama, in a leading role. A Frank Darabont show.

  20. #240
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't love it.

    I thought when Carl crawled down the ladder in the barn that HE was going to shoot the kid (I thought Carl had a gun for some reason).

    Would have sent the show in a completely different direction.

    _

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us