Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read the spoilers for next week.

I still stand by that this is a very poorly done show, but next week sounds absolutely insane/epic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Didn't love it.

I thought when Carl crawled down the ladder in the barn that HE was going to shoot the kid (I thought Carl had a gun for some reason).

Would have sent the show in a completely different direction.

_
    I like it...why couldn't the show's writers have thought of that? The WD should just solicit us for plot lines.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Saving the kid on the iron fence was a big "are you f*cking kidding me?" moment for me. Yeah, you're out in the open and there are zombies surrounding you in every direction, but let's take the time to save a guy who was just shooting at us 5 minutes beforehand and is probably a lost cause anyway.

I don't know about you guys, but the day a zombie apocalypse breaks out is the day I'm throwing morals out the f*cking window. It's all about survival at that point. But these idiots are more concerned with running around and playing House with eachother.
    I agree completely. For the shows sake they hae to get off that ****ing farm. However in a real world scenario I would keep my family there. Why leave? Where the **** would you take them? The farm is pretty much safe.
    BUt for the shows sake. They need to get off the farm.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I like it...why couldn't the show's writers have thought of that? The WD should just solicit us for plot lines.
    I was actually on the edge of my seat, grabbed my GFs arm and said "Holy CRAP--Carl's going to shoot the kid!!"

_

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I was actually on the edge of my seat, grabbed my GFs arm and said "Holy CRAP--Carl's going to shoot the kid!!"

_
    Throughout the comic, Carl turns into a pretty bad ass kid. This kid on the show is annoying and not well behaved. I blame the parents.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Throughout the comic, Carl turns into a pretty bad ass kid. This kid on the show is annoying and not well behaved. I blame the parents.
    Carl is probably top of the list for annoying characters.

And that says a lot considering how terrible almost all of the characters are.

It doesn't help that the kid playing him is an absolutely terrible actor.

The exchange between him and Carol was cringe inducing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Carl is probably top of the list for annoying characters.

And that says a lot considering how terrible almost all of the characters are.

It doesn't help that the kid playing him is an absolutely terrible actor.

The exchange between him and Carol was cringe inducing.
    Ehhh stop peeing in everyone's cheerios. The show is fine. The best, no, but I'd still rather watch this than most of these terrible tv shows.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ehhh stop peeing in everyone's cheerios. The show is fine. The best, no, but I'd still rather watch this than most of these terrible tv shows.
    I dont think it is peeing in everyones Cheerios.

This show, while entertaining, has serious serious flaws that prevents it from being very good. Only natural for those aspects to be discussed when talking about the show.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think it is peeing in everyones Cheerios.

This show, while entertaining, has serious serious flaws that prevents it from being very good. Only natural for those aspects to be discussed when talking about the show.
    Of course, but what show doesn't have flaws? The Jets made you absolutely insane this year but that didn't keep you from watching them right?

Would you prefer poop in everyone's cheerios? Yuck

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course, but what show doesn't have flaws? The Jets made you absolutely insane this year but that didn't keep you from watching them right?

Would you prefer poop in everyone's cheerios? Yuck
    Pooping in cereal is a personal favorite past time of mine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a show. Since there are no other good zombie shows on, this one is the best. The people who complain are usually the same ones who complain about everything in their lives. Waaaaaaaah, the zombie didn't kill the guy like I wanted him to.

That's what you sound like.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's a show. Since there are no other good zombie shows on, this one is the best. The people who complain are usually the same ones who complain about everything in their lives. Waaaaaaaah, the zombie didn't kill the guy like I wanted him to.

No, its not.

Im not simply going to praise a flawed product.

Just because I dont think something is perfect, does not mean I can't talk about it.

I hate that line of thinking.

Instead of telling me how wrong I am for pointing out the ridiculous aspects of this show (Sleeping in tents during Zombie apocalypse, no one wearing armor, barely any talk about conserving amo, letting kids roam around aimlessly, spending 3 episodes to decide the fate of this guy Randall, spending an equal amount of time searching for Sophia, overall terrible acting, etc) why dont you say why those decisions/actions all make sense and contribute to a strong show?
    Last edited by Ruby2; 03-05-2012 at 12:02 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he should've bitten him...that's what zombies do. You don't see Freddie Krueger running over hapless teenagers in a Chevy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well he should've bitten him...that's what zombies do. You don't see Freddie Krueger running over hapless teenagers in a Chevy.
    I know, dude, I'm not saying it about you. It's like we have football geniuses, esteemed film critics, and Gods walking among us.

Just watch the ****ing show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, its not.

Im not simply going to praise a flawed product.

Just because I dont think something is perfect, does not mean I can't talk about it.

I hate that line of thinking.

Instead of telling me how wrong I am for pointing out the ridiculous aspects of this show (Sleeping in tents during Zombie apocalypse, no one wearing armor, barely any talk about conserving amo, letting kids roam around aimlessly, spending 3 episodes to decide the fate of this guy Randall, spending an equal amount of time searching for Sophia, overall terrible acting, etc) why dont you say why those decisions/actions all make sense and contribute to a strong show?
    We all can talk about whatever we want. It's different when you're like:

"I watched this show, I know better, I'm the smartestest person in the world, the show is stupid, I still watched it, but I'm going to tell you how wrong and stupid it is, but I still watch it. I'm smart."

That's how I interpret your posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He probably never played organized sports as a youth.

Zombie apocalypse will do that to you.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ruby is a big fan of BWay musicals, don't take it out on him--he can't help himself.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id say the zombie was going to start chowing down on Dales guts had Daryl not gotten there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    I think you're right.
    That, and even though they've said they want the show to be different from the comic, thats one plotline that i think stays.

Even moreso, now that the "moral compass" is dead, even more reason to have the "loose cannon" get his too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all can talk about whatever we want. It's different when you're like:

"I watched this show, I know better, I'm the smartestest person in the world, the show is stupid, I still watched it, but I'm going to tell you how wrong and stupid it is, but I still watch it. I'm smart."

That's how I interpret your posts.
    Im not trying to portray myself as smarter than anyone else. If you don't see the flaws in this show that's fine. If I do, that should be fine too.